Bicyclettes

canice

i get honked at in SD when i cut across lanes to get to a left turn lane, are bikes in the burbs not supposed to use turn lanes - only crosswalks? fuck them! is it a california state law that bikes can use an entire lane or is that only in some cities like SF. its fun weaving through traffic in downtown, but damn some of those street have bad pavement - some more dangerous than the cars on the road!

-later days.

Basically any Bike site will have some, but you'll have to cut them to make them smaller.

And aren't those Risers really uncomfortable like that? It looks like half of your hand would be bent down, while the other is straight..

you would think so right? the way it looks.. but for me it's kind of ergonomic - kind of like two pistol grips haha.

that's how we do out here in the wild west haha..

how un funny :[

i get honked at in SD when i cut across lanes to get to a left turn lane, are bikes in the burbs not supposed to use turn lanes - only crosswalks? fuck them! is it a california state law that bikes can use an entire lane or is that only in some cities like SF. its fun weaving through traffic in downtown, but damn some of those street have bad pavement - some more dangerous than the cars on the road!

-later days.

i would advise you to research into california bike laws and the highway traffic laws. it comes in handy to be able to shut drivers the fuck up when they yell at you for doing things like making left turns or taking the lane.

that shit's legal.

people, especially in the burbs, aren't used to bikes outside of the sidewalk, let alone ones that actually take the lane.

this is true. your only allowed to be in the lane when you make left turns

I was really bored tonight so I made a Superfuture cluster on velospace. I added some of you already, but definitely missed a bunch. If you're on there check it out.

http://velospace.org/viewcluster?c=146

hook it up on that cluster haha.

http://velospace.org/node/2831

need to update my pix tho.

not true.

many (if not all) state laws designate bikes as vehicles. you're allowed to take up a lane if there are no bike lanes.

and if i'm wrong, please show me in clear writing that i am. i'm willing to admit i'm wrong, but you better have solid evidence on it.

yes i sound a bit militant about it, but that's mainly because bikes are not supposed to be on sidewalks. they prove to be more of a hazard to pedestrians and bikers alike. it also doesn't help that ignorance like that is the justification assholes in vehicles feel when they yell out "GET ON THE FUCKIN SIDEWALK" or harrass bikers.

like i said, i may be touting the laws that I know (which apply to Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and San Jose), but i'm quite positive they apply to other states/cities as well.

education:

not true.

many (if not all) state laws designate bikes as vehicles. you're allowed to take up a lane if there are no bike lanes.

and if i'm wrong, please show me in clear writing that i am. i'm willing to admit i'm wrong, but you better have solid evidence on it.

yes i sound a bit militant about it, but that's mainly because bikes are not supposed to be on sidewalks. they prove to be more of a hazard to pedestrians and bikers alike. it also doesn't help that ignorance like that is the justification assholes in vehicles feel when they yell out "GET ON THE FUCKIN SIDEWALK" or harass bikers.

like i said, i may be touting the laws that I know (which apply to Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and San Jose), but i'm quite positive they apply to other states/cities as well.

education for san fran:

nyc's law is that you must obey regulations as a vehicle. that said, you can take a lane if there isn't a bike lane. i do this anyway because the bike lane isn't a bike lane. its a place for people to hail cabs, open doors, cabs loading zone, cabs dip into it without signal to get fares, a place to park trucks, etc.

a DUI on a bike is also just as severe as getting one while driving a car.

dystaind is right, same law in NJ.

Same goes for SKATEBOARDS in NJ, which I was surprised by.

Read it in the official driver's manual at the DMV, pretty cool.

Wish I had a scan on me, oh well!

"[Two-way Streets Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at a speed less than a normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time shall ride as close as practical to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except under any of the following situations.

(1) When overtaking and passing another bicycle or motor vehicle proceeding in the same direction. (2) When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway. (3) When reasonably necessary to avoid conditions (including but not limited to, fixed or moving objects, vehicles, pedestrians, animals, surface hazards, or substandard width lanes) that make it unsafe to continue along the right hand curb or edge. For purposes of this section, a "substandard width lane" is a lane that is too narrow for a bicycle and a vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane. (Ref:Sec.21202(a)). ]"

http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist9/bicycle/Bike_Laws.html#rules

i guess....

Anyone have any recomendations for cheap eBay'd crank/sprocket? I want to get something in silver that is better than my old conversion's cranks that are super long and hit my frame when I ride.