Bicyclettes

canice

Almost crashed racing a rodie today. Well we weren't really racing till the end, it was just a game of back and forth where we'd fly by each other grinning haha. Anyways I told I had to turn at the next street and he wanted to race........I was on a fixed gear and I never spun out so fast in my life, I almost lost control. I have a front break but I would have flipped over if I tried to break at that speed. Luckily I slowed down before the I got to the intersection, it was a rush haha.

Rain jackets are a fickle apparel piece.

Do you want something totally packable, totally waterproof, or totally adaptable? You can't have all three. The really poncy ones from Castelli, Rapha, or Assos will, but also at nearly $300.

For a decent price, you can't beat Showers Pass. Durable, well vented, totally waterproof. If you want a cape that you can stow later, Craft has probably the best price/performance ratio at the consumer level. Others are tricky to get a hold of.

I wouldn't do a Gore, because Goretex isn't very good. Look for taped seams, back vent, and long tail if you want a true waterproof.

Rain jackets are a fickle apparel piece.

Do you want something totally packable, totally waterproof, or totally adaptable? You can't have all three. The really poncy ones from Castelli, Rapha, or Assos will, but also at nearly $300.

For a decent price, you can't beat Showers Pass. Durable, well vented, totally waterproof. If you want a cape that you can stow later, Craft has probably the best price/performance ratio at the consumer level. Others are tricky to get a hold of.

I wouldn't do a Gore, because Goretex isn't very good. Look for taped seams, back vent, and long tail if you want a true waterproof.

I was thinking something adaptable? Something that I can throw on in case it gets chilly/rains/windy. I will look into showers pass, thanks!

I was thinking something adaptable? Something that I can throw on in case it gets chilly/rains/windy. I will look into showers pass, thanks!

I have a Castelli myself, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's packable and light, but doesn't breath at all! But great for heavy rain!

But I'd look into the Rapha rain jacket! A bit pricey, but really good!

build

sany0045q.jpg

sany0044o.jpg

skinny benny

shimano bb

bici concepts straps

resist nomad 35

thrasher forks

hipster bars

charge bucket seat

42t/16t

working on getting a set of velocity chukkers once i get the money. also planning to buy a demolition topload stem w/ s&m bars with my birthday money tomorrow..

also looking to get 160mm cranks any suggestions ?

Almost crashed racing a rodie today. Well we weren't really racing till the end, it was just a game of back and forth where we'd fly by each other grinning haha. Anyways I told I had to turn at the next street and he wanted to race........I was on a fixed gear and I never spun out so fast in my life, I almost lost control. I have a front break but I would have flipped over if I tried to break at that speed. Luckily I slowed down before the I got to the intersection, it was a rush haha.

I love having quick little races with dudes on roadies. It's rare that I ever pull off a victory but when you do its oh so sweet. Keeping up with them usually gets you that nod of respect which is just as good as passing them.

Do you ever have the experience where you're riding an extra long distance with stop lights and there just happens to be another roadie on the road who you can tell is putting in the extra effort to stay ahead of you and you can feel their slight sense of disappointment when you catch up to them at the red light over and over again?

Red lights: the great equalizer.

My work had free tune-ups, 20% discount on helmets and locks, free engraving, and registration with security and NYPD today. That was pretty sweet.

The dude there also FINALLY fixed my front fork vibration problem which has been driving me nuts for weeks

I love having quick little races with dudes on roadies. It's rare that I ever pull off a victory but when you do its oh so sweet. Keeping up with them usually gets you that nod of respect which is just as good as passing them.

Do you ever have the experience where you're riding an extra long distance with stop lights and there just happens to be another roadie on the road who you can tell is putting in the extra effort to stay ahead of you and you can feel their slight sense of disappointment when you catch up to them at the red light over and over again?

Red lights: the great equalizer.

Yeah that's what kept happening we were on the same street for around 10-11 blocks and we kept passing each other, the best is when he's waiting at a light and im approaching and it turns green and I blow by him haha, It was a mutual respect type of thing and it made the ride a lot more fun for both of us. It felt good being able to hang as long as I could. When we raced though I never span so fast on my bike I was getting scared cause there was so much momentum and im on a very low gear, I couldn't just stop if I wanted too. Luckily I managed to slow down haha.

I've always wanted to restore a Sting-Ray. Yellow.

When it's time for me to get married, I envision the wife and I riding away on a Schwinn tandem painted pearl white with a gold fleck.

The shop I work for was a dealer for Schwinn back in the 60s, so we have quite a collection of Chicago Schwinns hanging in the store, as well as about 10 upstairs waiting to get refurbished.

I've always wanted to restore a Paramount like my dad used to ride, but I don't have a frame or anything yet. I don't really know much about older bikes yet to make a decision.

That would be expensive. Paramounts and the Campagnolo/Cinelli parts required to build it spec are super collectable.

The newer Paramounts that aren't Schwinn go for less. I can't understand why people collect Schwinn's or find much value in the ones that aren't the top racing or touring models.

To be practical, I think you'd be looking at $5k for accuracy, $8k for top groupsets and best paint.

It sure is, yours looks awesome too. I hardly got to ride it before I had to go to work and now I won't be home till tomorrow night, I'm just dying to ride... It's a huge upgrade from my cheapo $160 unbranded ebay fixie