Bicyclettes

canice

No, but it is possible to easily damage some components w/o using one and a bolt is excessively tightened. It's best to know if you are using "superlight" parts or not.

I've seen more than a few lightweight bars damaged in the stem or brake lever clamp area from excess tightening. A seatclamp bolt shouldn't be that tight; only enough to hold. Stem bolts as well, and mixing stem and bar brands should be avoided if possible.

so 2 seconds after i get my bike built my friend sells me a new group that was too worth it.

looking to sell my DA7700 9 speed group... brifters, brakes, f/r deraileurs (both bolt on), cranks (some rub on the nds), rings, cassette. still trying to figure out what a fair price is on this, but feel free to make offers if you're in need.

Just got back yesterday from a 6 day 400mi bike tour around oregon with my buddy.

Day 1: Eugene to Belknap - 80mi

Day 2: Belknap to Detroit Lake 70mi

Day 3: Detroit Lake through Salem to Lincoln City - 107mi

Day 4: Lincoln City past Waldport - 45mi

Day 5: Waldport to Florence - 40mi

Day 6: Florence to Eugene - 80mi (alternate route)

Sorry for all the pics..

4746630578_865c504ddf.jpg

shared camp with another bike tourist in belknap

4745994411_d68e422b47.jpg

Hills just dont stop. gotta love them

4746636370_3d8cee844c.jpg

Detroit lake, Oregon

4746648486_6a8a5f20bc.jpg

Cliff bar ad.. haha

4746010021_074de1dc9c.jpg

Lunch in Salem

4746012847_829e6f45dc.jpg

Onwards to the coast

4746663158_bd016db79b.jpg

Sunburnt and slightly unshowered

4746667002_959d90a872.jpg

4746029785_425d2ddc58.jpg

Complex Carb dinner almost every night

4746670368_26af0f7f0d.jpg

Wish i brought a better camera..

4746034655_c23539098e.jpg

Just after crossing 400mi total, Derick gets the first flat of the trip..

4746682850_bf004c7ab6.jpg

End of the trip celebration meal

4746683432_c4d88448e3.jpg

No, but it is possible to easily damage some components w/o using one and a bolt is excessively tightened. It's best to know if you are using "superlight" parts or not.

I've seen more than a few lightweight bars damaged in the stem or brake lever clamp area from excess tightening. A seatclamp bolt shouldn't be that tight; only enough to hold. Stem bolts as well, and mixing stem and bar brands should be avoided if possible.

Thanks for the info, I think i'll just go ahead and buy one.. i'd rather buy a cheap tool than mess up pricey gear

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sports-bikes-Gitane-Champion-23-5in-mens-12-speed-W0QQAdIdZ213566779#

[imgt]http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/kj/100624/287r1/12271j3_20.jpeg[/img]

hey guys, is this bike worth the cost/worth buying? tired of public transit, planning on checking it out tomorrow .thanks all

No, overpriced.

Shouldn't be asking for more than $150 if it has 700c tires, which it looks like it does not, or $100 for 27" tires.

Needs new cables at least, those are original/super-old.

some people shouldn't fucking ride bikes, like fucking seriously.

i'm on the way home fromw rok, and some middle aged motherfucker, looks like he's going to an AA meeting on his 10$ rust machine decides to gun it ahead of me, i'm like sure whatever, let him pass. then he decides as he's like 3 inches away from my front tire, oh i'm gonna slow the fuck down, because there's a light turning red about 80 yards away......

i collide with his back wheel and take a spill. a bolt on my front break just cracks in half and i strain my neck so as to not hit the pavement. this motherfucker's like, sorry. the light was turning red up ahead.

so you're supposed to cut me off, then stop 3 inches in front of me? motherfucker

fucking shit.

Hey guys, sorry for this plug for myself, but figured might as well just incase.

This is for the people in Northern California mainly. Damn.

My bike got stolen today from my garage:

NJS Panasonic Track 49cm. Teal.

bulbasaur2.png

Frameset: Panasonic NJS

Stem: Pearl 9

Handlebars: Nitto B123AA

Seatpost: Nitto NJ SP72

Saddle: San Marco Rolls

Cranks: Sugino 75 165mm

Chainring: Sugino 75 46T

Chain: HKK Vertex

Pedals: MKS Royal Nuevos

Clips: MKS Aluminum

Straps: Kashimax Double

Rims: iMiNUSD iD42 wheelset

Hubs: Suzue Pro Max

Everythings the same way when I first built it up.

LOCATION: Stockton. (This makes me dislike this city even more, gah)

Contact me if you get any word somehow, worth a try. 510-918-7272, Carl Castro.

or e-mail though phone is faster? [email protected]

well if you need a 60, you can just raise the seat a lil. and with that monstrous stem it would probably fit alright.

Got this a couple weeks ago, and I havent wanted to get off of it since.

I dont really care who rides fixed gear or if its the hype thing to do. I just really enjoy riding this thing. Its exciting, exhausting, and a wee bit scary.

299d5e62.jpg

This woman at my work has a barely used Bianchi bike from 1987, which apparently cost $750 then (adjusting for inflation, that's almost $1400 now), so I am guessing it was one of their higher end lines, though I am obviously very ignorant about this kind of stuff. I realize it's probably very hard to appraise something like that without knowing what the parts are, but how much could this thing be worth?

This woman at my work has a barely used Bianchi bike from 1987, which apparently cost $750 then (adjusting for inflation, that's almost $1400 now), so I am guessing it was one of their higher end lines, though I am obviously very ignorant about this kind of stuff. I realize it's probably very hard to appraise something like that without knowing what the parts are, but how much could this thing be worth?