Bicyclettes

canice

ok noob question-

one of my plastic toe clips just ripped off. effing scary when I was riding in school and I couldn't skid. So i need replacements. What can I replace plastic toe claps that can LAST

EDIT: also any good bike pumps that can go on and off easily? cause the bike pump I have no is a pain in the ass to take off and all my bike flats come from pulling it off

ok noob question-

one of my plastic toe clips just ripped off. effing scary when I was riding in school and I couldn't skid. So i need replacements. What can I replace plastic toe claps that can LAST

EDIT: also any good bike pumps that can go on and off easily? cause the bike pump I have no is a pain in the ass to take off and all my bike flats come from pulling it off

how'd it just rip off? do you mean it came out of its sockets from the pedal... but usually the 5-15 dollar ones do fine for me, i think i have giant bicycle plastic cages.

alot of wear on it from grinding on the floor occasionaly but lasts (only complaint is that the overall look is really boxy)

ok noob question-

you have no front brake and you're using plastic toe clips?

buy some steel ones.

several road races finish with a velodrome lap. to actually race or do open practice nights the rules are generally - proper shoes w/ clips or clipless, drop bars with end caps, fork ends, fixed gear only, no brakes and a hemet. some will even require a proper jersey/shorts. if you have a unmonitored track, i don't see why you would want to go do laps, but whatever.

also, unless they're totally shitty plastic clips, thtey're not going to keep you from stopping any less than metal ones. it's all about decent straps. why do you think all the trick dudes run plastic ones? they're way more durable and won't snap at the tips like metal ones. i run them on my cinelli and have had two pairs on the KHS rust out and snap since buying that bike.

i'm fairly certain you must have a track bike to ride on a track
Pretty sure that's not allowed.

And you'd be a tool for doing that.

Haha alright. thanks.. i need to get a track frame i suppose.. :(

some friends and i were gonna ride from Eugene to Portland to check out their velodrome.. but i wanna have the luxury of gears and brakes during the ride. theyre gonna ride their track bikes though.

^if you really want to ride on a track that bad, just hit up some local high school track late at night....did this a couple nights with some buddies. just remember to bring some bright front lights in case they dont keep their lights on late

you can run double straps on everything. the soma ones with the extra slot don't even work that well - spread the straps apart a whole lot. what a dumb idea.

hmm this sounds like a better alternative to buying an extra set of cages....but is it just as effective? i imagine that the second strap hanging kind of loose would make it harder to get your foot in easily....

i need to get on some double straps....slipping out mid skid is NOT FUN

it didn't look like this got answered.

Orange 20, Scoops, Pure luck, and the bike kitchen.

And Drif.

they took it off their site, but I am almost 90% positive it is a custom Spicer Frame. i'll find the frame later, they had a section in their site where they showed all the custom frames, but i can't find it for some reason.

new layout.

edit: i am wrong, on the bottom velospace, it says it is a 1 out of 1, but spicer has a custom frame very similar.

it seems like the track bike fad is fading out over in the northwest and midwest; everyone's about cross now. i'm not a fan of cross personally, the jarring when you're on the grass hurts my hands real bad plus i race to ride my bike not carry it over obstacles and shit.

anyone race road? i'm currently building up a specialized tarmac pro sl with sram rival and reynolds solitude wheels.

i don't race road but recent have been into road bike. (Climbing is my new thing i guess)

i got my first race rig a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it.

its a bianchi 1885 veloce groupo.

pretty solid bike, im hoping to start competing next year.

i want to upgrade the wheels to some Reynolds assaults or attacks but i dunno if its over excessive on a quote "entry level race bike"

any of you guys have advise on some useful upgrades?

i don't race road but recent have been into road bike. (Climbing is my new thing i guess)

i got my first race rig a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it.

its a bianchi 1885 veloce groupo.

pretty solid bike, im hoping to start competing next year.

i want to upgrade the wheels to some Reynolds assaults or attacks but i dunno if its over excessive on a quote "entry level race bike"

any of you guys have advise on some useful upgrades?

the wheels are a super important part of any ride, but carbon rims are a little excessive, right away. you can get super light alu rims, and if you're willing to drop, mavic ksryium SLs are AMAZING wheels that are about as light as the attacks. carbon rims can get trashed pretty easily, especially if you're racing in the lower cats where there are A LOT of crashes. like i said, i bought some reynolds solitudes, they're cheaper than the mavics and only slightly lesser, but if i'd had the money i'd have bought the ksryiums.

Hey guys. I've been riding my San Jose for the past year now but always with the free wheel. I generally only ride in nicer weather, a lot of weekend rides and to and from soccer practice. For short commutes around campus and town I tend ride my longboard... But when the weather turns around this spring I want to begin riding fixed gear.

What pedals are recommended? I'm not looking for clip-ins, yet...

get any mks pedal with mks cages and whatever straps you desire. if money is no object, mks royal neuvo are really strong and super nice looking. if you can find them, shimano track pedals with the shimano cages are beautiful and my favorite. at the start you can probably just get away with some cheapo nylon straps, but leather or faux-leather straps are the best, especially if you plan on skip-stopping or skidding.

if you do decide to go clipless, get crank bros eggbeaters. really easy to get in and out of, good for commutes, won't get mucked up with mud. plus if you use those, you have to get mtb shoes which have plastic cleats on the soles and are really easy to walk in compared to road shoes which have no traction whatsoever.