Bicyclettes

canice

The other night I ate while riding. Does that count?

haha i love doing that. see also: chugging a beer while riding and smoking a cigarette while riding (although i've quit now)

i'll stop giving you shit, i was just being cranky before. :)

so my frame is a bit too large and in a few months i'll be upgrading or changing my frameset to something else. any reccs for a budget of 100-800 dollars?

i suppose it can spill over but im looking mainly for a decent frame and not looking for a frame with a super aggressive track geometry or anything. mostly road use etc etc.

that's a pretty decent budget you can really pick up a nice frame, any preferences in tubing or style?

im not too big on heavy weighted frames or the large tubes (trek t1 for example)

but the pista concept seems alright, havent seen it live before though.

something that could fit a english bb also would be preferable so i can just switch over from my old bike to the new one.

Vivalo frames seem really nice
surly steamroller?

was thinking of the 2009 steam roller but not that big of a fan of the cream color. any other options?? the steam roller is a decent price so its def. an option.

not too sure if i am willing to shell out big money for track frames when i'm not even close to a velodrome

first time ever putting in a new inner tube... it was a bitch but managed. however, after i tightened everything up and was just testing the trueness of the wheel i noticed that both front and back wheel shook a lil when i shake it

is this normal? never wiggled it left and right but it seems to be wiggly or something.

not too much, but it still bothers me :x

edit: seems liek surly hubs have a problem with ball bearings so im guessing the hubs are "shot"

anyone else got a problem like this? i guess i'll be ordering new bearings :(

first time ever putting in a new inner tube... it was a bitch but managed. however, after i tightened everything up and was just testing the trueness of the wheel i noticed that both front and back wheel shook a lil when i shake it

is this normal? never wiggled it left and right but it seems to be wiggly or something.

not too much, but it still bothers me :x

edit: seems liek surly hubs have a problem with ball bearings so im guessing the hubs are "shot"

anyone else got a problem like this? i guess i'll be ordering new bearings :(

If your hub is really rough and dry feeling, it's the bearings. They're cartridge though, and only about $5 each. A shop can pop new ones in real quick and easy. Surly hubs have one of the more abbreviated bearing lives of all fixed gear hubs.

As for your wheel, if the rim moves, your wheel is out of true. Less than 1mm is fine. If just the tire moves, it's the tire casing, which on crappy tires, might not be round.

Your bearings might just need to be adjusted and not necessarily replaced. The shop can do this with their hub wrench unless you have a skinny wrench to put in there and adjust/tighten it. It's kind of at where the axle goes into the hub. I usually just do this with a pair of pliers that are skinny enough. Should get rid of the rattling. The wheel is out of true if the spokes get their tension all messed up and, like repeater said, you spin it and it doesn't spin straight.

yeah i took it to my lbs and all they did i believe was tighten something,

the rattling is def. less but i'll just go over to this other shop that i really like and get a real opinion.

however, it may also be because i changed the inner tube and i was pulling on the tire like mad so it may have bent it a tad? not sure.

we'll see.

p.s. thanks for all the replies~;)