Bicyclettes

canice

Feelin pretty stupid

Coming down a hill, jumped on the sidewalk cause I didn't want to stop at the light.

tried to jump back on the road though the little ramp for peds, car came from nowhere, paniced, stayed on the sidewalk and those public mailboxes appeared from nowhere. haha.

Didn't quite flip over my handle bars, but my bike folded just enough so that I barely smacked my chin on the top of the mailbox. (Didn't think it was bleeding till I saw some blood on the floor..)

but my frame is pretty fucked, but I got some tighter geo and it felt good riding home (yeah, not safe)

you guys know what this means!

New frame!

img3814dx9.jpg

img3825bf4.jpg

I never wear gloves in the 50's, but many people do. Anything that covers your fingers will be fine, even if it's all mesh.

I've had scores of gloves, and the ones I like best are thin hunting gloves.

I'm buying a pair of Swix for cold temps. I can't stand how glovemakers put seams INSIDE the fingers, it just makes them go numb if you have to hold your hand clenched at all.

I never wear gloves in the 50's, but many people do. Anything that covers your fingers will be fine, even if it's all mesh.

I've had scores of gloves, and the ones I like best are thin hunting gloves.

I'm buying a pair of Swix for cold temps. I can't stand how glovemakers put seams INSIDE the fingers, it just makes them go numb if you have to hold your hand clenched at all.

Might wanna look into motorcycle gloves. A lot of motorcycle gloves have reversed seams.

anyone have any idea how much I could maybe get for this?

was trying to build a second fixie but this frame has vertical dropouts so I'm seeing if maybe I could sell it and get something else.

It's in great condition aside form a dent in the top tube (you can see it on the E in CAMPIONE)

IMG_0395.jpg

i got a quick noob post about bikes.

I got my bike yesterday (kilo tt) and assembled it correctly (at least i think i did). when i ride it, the bike makes a rattling sound, sorta like a geared bike. is this normal or is it just cause the bike is hella cheap?

well, do you have any prior experience with bikes? make sure your chain is straight and the tension is correct, not too tight not too loose. Do not ride without toe clips and straps unless you have a front brake. Sometimes the chain makes the noise if its not aligned correctly, I personally just replaced the entire wheelset with Deep V's, EAI Cog, and a Izumi chain...

does anybody know which bike is of better overall quality?

motobecane or mercier? (messenger or kilo tt)

There's really not much quality difference between those two. It'll really come down to what kind of bike you want. Do you want to ride fixed or single speed? The kilo comes with a fixed cog and the messenger comes with SS. Sure you can change those when the bike arrives but its an extra cost. Are you going to ride with brakes? If so, the messenger comes with two already installed. The Kilo you'll have to buy one and install it. If none of that matters to you, pick on which one is better looking or in stock in your size.

eh, it looks like only the brake/shifter fixture thingy is bent inward. i think i can just bend that out. but.. new bars sound fun. carbon fiber here i come!