Bicyclettes

canice

So does this mean I should make fun of BFSSFG for being uptight and tarckbike for being full of retards instead of BFSSFG for both?

well all the retards are banned for now, that's why tarckbike exists.

speaking of bottom brackets, i just got my kilo together with formula hubs and dura ace track crank/bb, and theres some crazy noise coming from my back hub. how do i figure out if it's my chainline or if it's just a noisy hub?

well tighten your crank bolts and your ring bolts, and tighten your cog and lock ring and then lube your chain if it continues it might be your chain or a bent ring.

just avoid unnecessary skidding or you'll end up like sycamore with bad knees at 18. some guys will ride their whole lives with no problems and some get pains after 10 miles its not for everybody.

sucks to have to sell you bike because of knee problems

well tighten your crank bolts and your ring bolts, and tighten your cog and lock ring and then lube your chain if it continues it might be your chain or a bent ring.

that's all been done, everything's on correctly. from what i can tell i need to move my cog about 2mm outwards, after i looked some more i figured the rear chainline is just off enough for the chain to be going on slightly skewed, causeing the noise i think. I'm just going to space the cog out with a sturmy archer 1.6mm spacer, there's plenty of threads and this should fix the problem perfectly. thanks for the advice man

that's all been done, everything's on correctly. from what i can tell i need to move my cog about 2mm outwards, after i looked some more i figured the rear chainline is just off enough for the chain to be going on slightly skewed, causeing the noise i think. I'm just going to space the cog out with a sturmy archer 1.6mm spacer, there's plenty of threads and this should fix the problem perfectly. thanks for the advice man

also what it might be is the cog and and chain are 1/8 and the ring is different sizing. common mistake when builting a track bike. check that the chain cog and ring all all the same size.

haha, nope, they're all 3/32. i've never ridden 1/8 besides bmx, never thought it'd make a difference. I'm thinking that moving the cog out a little bit will do it, i did lube up the chain a tad but it's in good shape and really makes little noise, so we'll se.

my bike? i lowered my seat, that pic was before i rode it at all so i was overestimating the difference between sizes. it's lower, but I like being right over the bars so there's still a good drop (i dont ride the drops, just the top and sides). I'd say i have about 8" of seatpost out right now

I was worried a size down would be too small, but after going on a 2 hour ride today, my back isn't hurting and my wrists feel fine, on my other frame everything would hurt after an hour, so i'm thinking my sizing is better with the smaller frame

edit: i'm kinda drunk, excuse the run on's

Guest Goose25
crap, I'm 16 and already have worn a shit load of cartilage out of my knees!

Well, thats because you are putting unnecessary pressure on your joints. Before you do anything start working on building the muscles in your legs by doing squats and try astanga yoga for bringing blood into the damaged joints.

-> You may think you are strong like most runners do but you will find you are extremely weak in the supporting muscles - 80% of most people are weak where it matters so you're not alone

Well, thats because you are putting unnecessary pressure on your joints. Before you do anything start working on building the muscles in your legs by doing squats and try astanga yoga for bringing blood into the damaged joints.

-> You may think you are strong like most runners do but you will find you are extremely weak in the supporting muscles - 80% of most people are weak where it matters so you're not alone

it's mostly from skiing and 40 foot kickers.

god it kills just just squat for 5 minutes.

Guest Goose25
it's mostly from skiing and 40 foot kickers. god it kills just just squat for 5 minutes.

...and theres the key... try squatting for 10 breaths, then 15, then 20 etc until you build up to a pain-free 5 minutes...