jubei

Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

yahoo .jp i have a 905 coming in tom,.

yes they are discontinued

yes they are discontinued

that makes me sad cause i stumbled on this again today

http://www.33oz.com/viewthread.php?tid=346

does real mccoy and joe mccoy use the same denim? if so ill just wait for teh self edge collab. that denim in a modern cut, might actually make me consider leaving my comfort zone.

joe mccoy 905

_MG_0653-1.jpg

IMG_0646-1.jpg

IMG_0647-1.jpg

IMG_0648-1.jpg

IMG_0649-1.jpg

IMG_0650-1.jpg

IMG_0651-1.jpg

IMG_0652-1.jpg

I have just taken the plunge and scored myself a pair of RM's S613s. I wondered how anyone else is getting on with these, how hard wear is showing through and how quickly?

It is a while since I added any new denim into my rotation, so thought it was about time really! ;)

Any good recommendations for initial work on them, is it just standard hot soak job first?

Thanks.

I have just taken the plunge and scored myself a pair of RM's S613s. I wondered how anyone else is getting on with these, how hard wear is showing through and how quickly?

It is a while since I added any new denim into my rotation, so thought it was about time really! ;)

Any good recommendations for initial work on them, is it just standard hot soak job first?

Thanks.

yamppp

_______

Guest patchmb

Thanks.

I hot soaked my S614's & then put em in the wash at 40 degrees no detergent, no spin. Even then I think they could shrink a little more. Tumble dryer would do it but I dont put jeans in there anymore as I have had bad creases form.

Thanks for tips, that sounds like the best plan to go for. :)

I think last time I started off a pair of LVC 47's I went down a similar route to that, and they are coming along nicely.

I have a pair of SC47's too that I might start at same time, had them for years, but not sure about starting them as they still have original tabs and 'broken arcs' and I might leave them dry for moment, Might break them out for a special occasion in the future haha :D

Think I might dry them in my boiler cupboard, seems to be best way as can dry them hanging in short space of time. Should save on unwanted creases.

Thanks again. :)

I washed my S613s as planned, they really shrunk a lot. :eek:

I had stretched them out what I thought was enough when they were still wet, but think maybe I needed to have stretched them a little harder. They are tight round the waist, but after wearing them for an hour or so yesterday that seems to have now stretched out enough. :)

The worry I have though is the leg length, as they have shrunk a lot in the leg length. Has anyone else found this? I am really hoping they have shrunk as much as they will do, as if they shrink any more they will be too short in the end!! :confused:

^^^Depends on the fabric. I have a few chambrays and cotton twill wovens and I hand wash them in cold water. Don't seem to shrink much at all. That shirt on the other hand looks thicker and might shrink more.

what do you think of the fit?

PC160294.JPG

PC160295.JPG

PC160296.JPG

PC160299.JPG

body width and sleeve length feel cool, but those definitely feel short for somebody used to modern days sweats with about 4cm more body length.

pls comment!

no way, looks beautiful, the length is perfect.

at i first thought it might be to long, untill i read you question.

not short at all.

thanks for sharing, did you get it from superdenim ?

grüsse

Yeah, I agree. I think those vintage sweatshirts are supposed to fit short anyway. By short, I mean thats how they used to fit.

turntabloid, looks great, good to know it how much it shrinks.

what a great shirt, i am really jealous, you should x-post it in the workshit thread. and no its not to roomy what so ever. you are supposed to able to work in a wokshirt, so it does not have to be tight hahaha

echt toll

update of my wabash after a 30 degree soak:

-1" in length

-0.5" in sleeve

-1" in the width

PC160238.JPG

PC160240.JPG

fit is better now, but still quite "roomy" in the shoulders and arms. again, i suspect this to be part of the cut.

no way, looks beautiful, the length is perfect.

at i first thought it might be to long, untill i read you question.

not short at all.

thanks for sharing, did you get it from superdenim ?

grüsse

jupp, I puchased them from lewis at superdenim.co.uk :-)

great service, as usual!

i just saw somedeadstock pairs of nylon jeans from the real maccoys in daikanyama... ar ethey worth it? fuck 29,400 yen any thoughts?

which models?

the Lot 501SXX ....

teracafecom-img450x600-1121262607p7130006.jpg

ww2 and some other models i think they have all the models there but are in broken sizes and some are one washed

^^^ what do you do for work allways seem to be buying jeans?

im one of the best buyers of jeans i work for the companies i buy their jeans