Flannel shirt recommendations?

herpsky

These things are lumberjack sized, but if your tall and slender, you can make it work. I own the blue and it is great on its own, or layered over a white hoodie. Filson: "might as well have the best."

http://www.filson.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2092554&cp=2069836.2069839.2075074&parentPage=family

I´ve been looking at some Filson on ebay, but feel uncertain about size ofcoure. Which size did you get and how tall are you?

Bought a cdg homme + recently. I really like for the excat same reasons Fuuma posted. Long, odd details (mine is asymetrical, the buttons don't line up). It looks great untucked for a grungy/sloppy look or more unique when tucked in because of the almost baggy cut.

200db is right, some of the more avant-garde japanese designers are great choices for flannels. I am, of course, supposing you're looking for something more innovative/cerebral in it's design and presentation. If you want a more basic garment, I'm sure some of the american workwear companies suggested will fit the bill perfectly.

Well they rock if you were a teen in the grunge era. I have one from engineered garment that is absolute perfection and has some unusual detailing (cowboy snap buttons grouped two at a time with a larger space between each grouping and weirdly shaped pockets). I kept it long and unaltered, it ads an element of sloppiness to my wardrobe that is much welcome. It looks great paired with black jeans under a leather jacket or with a tweed cap and some more traditional (read American workwear) items.

I'm a little cynical, but I doubt that most people went "Hm, I should buy some flannel shirts like the grunge-pioneers used to," I'm pretty sure it went more like "THERES A FLANNEL ORGY ON WAYWT WHERE I COP!?"

Or something along those lines. I don't want to get into an argument about it, and hell, nothing against flannels, I think Darkanimal really works them and a few other people who have clean styles in the first place, but a lot of it is just really unfortunately dressed people, except now they have a SuperFutureCool flannel on.

And I agree, the japanese really seem to have a handle on the flannel look, some of the pieces I've seen are pretty gorgeous.

I'm a little cynical, but I doubt that most people went "Hm, I should buy some flannel shirts like the grunge-pioneers used to," I'm pretty sure it went more like "THERES A FLANNEL ORGY ON WAYWT WHERE I COP!?"

Or something along those lines. I don't want to get into an argument about it, and hell, nothing against flannels, I think Darkanimal really works them and a few other people who have clean styles in the first place, but a lot of it is just really unfortunately dressed people, except now they have a SuperFutureCool flannel on.

And I agree, the japanese really seem to have a handle on the flannel look, some of the pieces I've seen are pretty gorgeous.

I get what you’re saying but I tend to make the assumption that the people I chose to interact with on clothing forums have their ears on the ground, are critical of their own style and consequently know what works for them or not, and have a clear vision of what they want to convey when they choose to incorporate a particular garment in their wardrobe. I could suppose that they’re hype riding teens eager to fit in a particular group they’ve found online, with absolutely no analytical and distanced view of what is proposed here and nothing to contribute anyway but that wouldn’t be conductive to any discussion anyway and I wouldn’t be posting here in the first place.

As for the Japanese (interestingly enough one of the most sheepish, fashion magazine followers in the world, they’ve got good stylists though) they do have great flannels as it fits very well with the whole “we take American workwear and make it high fashion†approach some of these designers got.