UGH TOO MUCH HATE TOO MUUUUUCH

bobbyhundreds

Maybe it's because 90% of us have our own clothing lines, work in the industry, or are design gods in our own right. Maybe it's because we're punking out behind our computers and our online-aliases. Maybe it's because we really are just too cool for everyone else...

But yo, there is way too much hate and negativity on this board. I'm not callin' out for a cheerleader squad and pom-poms, and I'm not expecting everyone to candy-coat compliment everything, but damn, can't we get some love on the boards?

I'm beginning to dread checkin' these threads..

[OG]it never used to be like this[/OG]

haha..

For example, make a new post asking questions about ANY line out there (Stussy, FUBU, PRPS) and I guarantee there will be 1 normal and/or positive post for every 20 negative posts with one-liners like "Sucks!" "Go KILL YOURSELF." or "My line is better than yours."

Why is that..?

I'm not sayin' my hands are clean either, and I'm not sayin' everyone on ST's like this, but let's step up the respect and get back to objective, educated, feedback.

p.s. on another note, Jupe and I were just talkin about this the other night - quit hiding behind other names and big-upping yourself, or criticizing others. what're you skurrrd of? everyone can figure out it's you anyways..! comin off lookin like a CHUMP

[slowly stepping off soapbox]

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this place needs someone to actually step up and be a vocal moderator and call bullshit when need be. Not showing up every couple of weeks and moving threads to supertrash. This isn't a dis to Chad or Wayne, but this site has been getting mad traffic in the past few months and it's clear they have other things to do rather than babysitting up in here so why not just assign it to someone with the time and willingness to doing it?

I Nominate Bobby!

i agree with bobby on this one...there's most def alot of negativity on this board...there's always going to be people that disagree, but some of this stuff is getting out of hand...this board use to be informative and place where heads could discuss similar interests without getting hated on...we need to bring it back, but it has to be a group effort...

as supertalk as become more popular there has been a huge increase in the junk signal to noise ratio. there is still amazing stuff being posted here, but it is being hidden amongst crazy flame wars.

wayne and I never wanted to moderate supertalk as we wanted everyone to have a voice, no matter how trashy it was. so hopefully soon these forums will be more heavily moderated to keep the good content visible. please apply if you enjoy being a digital door bitch.

keep posting your new finds and thoughts on here... people really do appreciate the great amount of knowledge on here. we do love you all. lets stop the hate.

xxx

HATE IS GREAT!!!

OK, MAYBE NOT BUT THE FACT REMAINS THIS GENRE WASN'T CREATED FOR EVERYONE IN MIND. I'M NOT AN AUTHORITY BUT I FEEL I'VE WITNESSED THE DEVELOPMENT FROM AN EARLY STAGE AND WITH ALL THE NEW GUY ACTIVITY I FEEL LIKE IT'S A GREAT INSTITUTION BLOWN OVER. I'M NOT AGAINST NEW GUYS BUT THERE'S JUST SOMETHING ABOUT THE LEVEL OF RESEARCH THAT THESE KIDS DO NOT PUT IN.

I GUESS I'M THE OLD DUDE THAT DIDN'T HAVE A SUPERTALK WHEN I GOT SPRUNG. BUT THEN AGAIN SUPERFUTURE WAS THERE SINCE THE MID 90'S.

MY POINT IS THIS: IF SOMEONE IS GOING TO PUT OUT INFO OR OPINIONS, THEY SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY PUT SOME THOUGHT AND REASONABLE INTENT FOR DOING SO. I'M TALKING QUALITY FOLKS. THERE'S AN LACKING AMOUNT OF SELF FILTRATION AND THAT JUST HURTS MY FEELINGS....

THE END

SHIT IS WACK

i agree with jupa,heads spit out shit they dont know,cause they cant read the japanese from the mags they study(and bite off)?

all i know is that sams club has 48 packs of begal bites,and just the pepperoni flavor,which is cool for now,but i think if more people buy them,they will introduce the 3 cheese,or maybe even the cheeseburger flavor begal bites in the 48 pack...i cant do it alone guys.

Its better to not say anything and appear to be the fool,than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

i too agree with bobby et al...but while

i am no vet nor am i a rookie but i do maintain that in every and any open medium there will be people who take on a negative tone. not to be all hippie whatever but it's best that they are just ignored. often i find that's the way it goes...some herb writes X, and either starts some hostility in the string...or as is more often the case in my experience it's more likely the herb's comment will just be ignored.

it is important to many people that a completely open forum stay that way. i agree in the concept of trash threads, and there are lines that people cross...

anyone who knows of the StapleDesign message board back in the day (R.I.P.) the same thing happened there. lot's of what i call "E-beef" and suckaducks at home behind the safety of keyboards spewing hatred. they had to close it (but that was also cuz someone hacked it).

the upside: there are many countries discussing many topics here. educating, interesting things abound.

downside: losers trying to rain on everyone's parade. just like the artists say to the censors...if you don't like what i say (write, paint, sing, etc.) then just don't listen (or tune in, log on, buy it, etc. etc.)

whatever happened to...Protons+Electrons Always Causing something?

~multiflavored RodLavers~

yeah.. you all beat me to the punch with your points..

lemme just add that we are talking about tshirts here guys.. no one is trying to change the world here. If you like it, you like it. If you don't,..... then don't buy it.

lets not "nerdify" this shit like these dorks did with sneakers, or hip hop or whatever else. It's not that deep. Really..

i like to think of niketalk. men in their 20s and 30s fighting with teens over sneakers. the notorious BB and kids obsessing over the next thing after pokemon and pogs ruined the board. RK thinking he's a celebrity. haha. when i think about that i get off the computer and walk away.

im just waiting for some asshole to try and school me because i am probably wrong. oh...no i'm not.

yea i agree with bobbyhundreds. i mean can't we all just get along. and for people doing their thing in design or whatever at least give em props for trying even if there line is not your taste. i guess if you do not have anything nice to say, don't say it at all is the best thing. fashion is a very competitive biz just like music it is not easy at all. so the hundreds, jb classics and all you cats on this board big ups too ya.

I think there is a difference between opinons and "hate"..

like if your just being honest thats cool.."i think the designs are kinda weak" (good or bad)

but if your like "your clothing line is for homo's" (thats hate) (i have hated on a few people, but they were asking for it..)

I also am not really feeling all the new names that are being made just so you can hate all you want and still save face on an old name..

For a while i used to just read the posts, and most of my friends still just do that..some dont even go as far as making an sn. but i felt i should be the voice of my people since they dont really have time to be on the net posting it up.

i name drop once in a while but thats only because some of my friends deserve to be looked at and its not in a tacky fashion. As for the shameless promotion goes...thats a different story, you got people posting like 20 new threads about check out my new shit!!! as if 1 or2 aint enough. But NO they like to beat it into the ground..

I feel like there is some people on here that are already "established" and are trying to break the dreams and visions of others so they can maybe steal a 16th minute of fame...

PEACE BE WITH YOU

some people need to realize the difference between hate and opinions..

"you line sucks homo" (hate)

"i think the designs are a bit bland" (opinion)

I have said before that sometimes people need to hear some real shit and i stay firm to that.

I also dont really like how people create a new name just so they can hate and save face on their original name. Its kinda stupid, i have put my foot in my mouth a couple times but who hasnt?

For about a year i just read the posts and most of my friends still just do that, some dont even go as far to make a sn. I decided to be the voice of my people because they dont just chill during the days (like me)

I name drop once in a while, but thats only because i feel some of the people i work with deserve to be looked at and taken seriously, and its never in a tacky fashion. I also have been kindly asked to stop by them. Shameless promotion is another story..20 threads about you new hot shit is lame...1 or 2 is plenty.

And last i feel that there is some "established" cats on here trying to kill the new kids vision just to try and gain a 16th minute of fame..

PEACE BE WITH YOU.

Substance will overpower Hype.

i like the vision of new kids,they work hard,but wouldnt you agree,that it can be described along the lines of todays skateboarding?

kids watch skate videos all day long.... watching the (edited) run of their fave pros,and then they think that THAT is what skateboarding is all about-without bothering with the fundementals-they go out and try to switchheels to 78 stairs rail bigspin outs-and they cant even slappy...

do you think that its breeding a half assed(designer) skateboarder?

do you udnerstand? does anyone else agree? anyone besideds jupafett?

i wanna know what you think-

If i see a kid trying to come up,i def throw my hand out to him,IF the cats not straight biting

or just totally ripping off everything else...

Part of this game is selling yourself,YOUR vision,and if you cant defend yourself in some cornball placelike this,how is that person supposed to deal with reality?

any thoughts?

Its better to not say anything and appear to be the fool,than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

• 1 year later...
i like the vision of new kids,they work hard,but wouldnt you agree,that it can be described along the lines of todays skateboarding?

kids watch skate videos all day long.... watching the (edited) run of their fave pros,and then they think that THAT is what skateboarding is all about-without bothering with the fundementals-they go out and try to switchheels to 78 stairs rail bigspin outs-and they cant even slappy...

do you think that its breeding a half assed(designer) skateboarder?

do you udnerstand? does anyone else agree? anyone besideds jupafett?

i wanna know what you think-

If i see a kid trying to come up,i def throw my hand out to him,IF the cats not straight biting

or just totally ripping off everything else...

Part of this game is selling yourself,YOUR vision,and if you cant defend yourself in some cornball placelike this,how is that person supposed to deal with reality?

any thoughts?

this guys posts were epic, until he got banned