beatle

samurai denim contest [pics]

this is so awesome. i cant wait for the pics to start rollin in

Presoak...

284466989_6d79ad3a14.jpg

Postsoak

285778190_4355a899ff.jpg

Sorry - bad pic quality....maybe you can still notice the shrinkage...

i soaked mine last night and they're dry now. i'm really happy i sized down one to a 29, using the same logic as the sammy blacks, that shrinking to exact tag size is horseshit in almost 99% of all cases and #2 it would be close enough to stretch while wet. I'm super impressed with the fit of these jeans. I'm not a fan of tapered jeans at all, but these work for me. not super duper slim through the thighs and a slight taper at the leg. will get these hemmed this week, so i can get a bit of stacking action going, actually wearing to class today! pics of soak (w/o tags, sorry) and fit will be up soon. again, thanks beatle for setting this up and thanks to samurai for the awesome jeans. i've definately become a samurai convert recently. there are actually more than 1 of these in philly apparantly, so mcflip, watch yr back!! we also do need a total list of contestants.

philly #19

I'll soak mine after classes today :)

BTW, great fit Beatle!

tag.jpg

doh I forgot to get the tags in the shot, but u can see the tag strings are still on...

datesoak.jpg

soak.jpg

drying.jpg

standing.jpg

wow, that tag is eerie emaze...9-11 next to the NY times.

I know I was thinking about that too...

Wish I didn't sleep on this! Anyway, unless it's already been posted, can somebody put up a picture of the silver selvage? Sounds awesome.

-jealous

They are soaking now! In hottest that tap would give me! It has been 3 hours now... gonna take em out and try them on soon. Then to leave to dry!

pics-

DSC00067-1.jpg

DSC00070-1.jpg

well - I still have to update the list - will do so soon....

But I think it's pretty much the original list - if I remember correctly - 2 changes and one guy (can't think of the name) who posted recently that he does'nt want to play the sidelines anymore and therefore sold his S0500XX....

Great fit, OZ - and by the way - I am really starting to enjoy this....look @ all the soak pics....can't wait 4 more.....

looking forward to more pics. do you have any plans for posting pics of development, on certain days etc?

Thanks for the positive comments guys!

I am really happy with the fit myself too. I do however think they have some shrinking left, but I'm happy with them now so I'll take that problem later..

When I soaked mine, i layed 'em in the tub with plenty of things to weigh 'em down and a hanger in the waist. I then proceded to boil like four pots of water on the stove and pour the boiling water on the jeans to soak in. I think I got at least 2 inches of shrinkage probably 3.

Sorry about the lack of tags, when I first got my jeans I got a bit to excited and tore them all off.

SDCdry1.jpg

SDCdry2.jpg

i read the times when i do, but i picked up the ledger for geographic effect today

P1010253.jpg

P1010252.jpg

P1010254.jpg

(joining beatle in the wet corner club)

lot 9 25 reporting for duty

sam1701.jpg

sam1702.jpg

sam1703.JPG

the hanger in the waist trick worked wonders, everything shrank except the waist . . . the fit's spot on, the rise came out perfect . .overall A+ denims . . looking forward to wearing them for the next year