samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

Hi there, I would be the guy working on denimcontest.com ... thanks for all the compliments/flaming (didn't actually read through everything, but whatever).

Though I would clear some stuff up ... the site's not by any-means finished but let me address what going and will be going on anyway.

Q: OMG denime tags, what's up with that?

A:Sorry bout the denime tag, but I had to work with what I had (how many of you have like 50 pairs of samurai jeans laying around?) I will photoshop some samurai tags in later (it doesn't seem like the most pressing issue)

Q: WTF I can't see anything/looks like shit with browser X for X?

A:Browser compliance ... okay this is the big one, yes I know, I know, there's no support for IE and Opera.

Right now I'm getting shit online, once everything is styled + running I will work on compliance (see my timetables lower down). For now I will try and make sure everything is okay for Firefox and Safari (on mac, but there isn't be much difference between the PC/mac Firefox render engine so Firefox on PC should be fine). Oh and btw opera is actually pretty much fine except for the fact that I'm using the onload property which seems to not fire properly under opera, suck it opera.

Q: It's too cluttered/Impossible to find understand what's going on in this interface, fix it!

A: Well I did realize when I made this that it was somewhat not totally obvious where thing where, but fear not... see that search button that does nothing, yeah that one, once I get around to making it work (see time table again) not only will you be able to search blogs posts, you will also be able to view a list of the blogs by order of latest post/username/jeans number/other random info, so that should stop your whining.

Q: Feature X doesn't work fix it !!!!!

A: Ok FIRST, try and not run around telling me things don't work till I'm finished (see timetable to know when, have I said that before?) but if you do report something as not working try and explain in DETAIL what's not working and MAKE SURE you include what BROWSER (including the VERSION number) and what OPERATING SYSTEM, if you don't I'll just ignore you ... (Sorry for liberal use of caps)

Q: When I go to signup how do I know you're not just gonna use the password I submit to h4X0r me? (answering this before someone asks)

A: Well if you're really paranoid, you may never know, but I can at the least assure you (all it depends on is whether you believe what I say) that when you submit it, like with any blog/forum software, it gets hashed and is never stored unhashed, so I can't read it and neither could any hacker who got a hold of all the info on the site, so you're safe (hashing is irreversible for those of you who didn't know).

Now for the "timetable". I plan to finish styling the blog part and installing/setting up the blogging software by late today or early tomorrow (saturday). I also plan to get the "news" page up by then where I will blog all changes/updates I make to the site. By that time someone should have sent me a list of all the participants, and I will send you all signup e-mails, so you can grab your accounts up and start blogging. Once that is done I will go find me a PC *shudder* and work out all the kinks in IE/Opera support (I plan to support Safari/Firefox/IE 5.5/IE 6/IE 7/Opera), which should be done by sunday or monday. After that I will get the search function up, that might take a few day, but I'll see when I get there, it's too far away for me to say exactly.

So wait till monday before you start reporting problems, after that you may insult my handiwork as much as you like.

If anyone want to get ahold of me or send me report of problems, you can e-mail me at admin at denimcontest dot com (I'm using that address so I can contain the e-mails about this in one place)

Hi there, I would be the guy working on denimcontest.com ... thanks for all the compliments/flaming (didn't actually read through everything, but whatever).

Though I would clear some stuff up ... the site's not by any-means finished but let me address what going and will be going on anyway.

Q: OMG denime tags, what's up with that?

A:Sorry bout the denime tag, but I had to work with what I had (how many of you have like 50 pairs of samurai jeans laying around?) I will photoshop some samurai tags in later (it doesn't seem like the most pressing issue)

Q: WTF I can't see anything/looks like shit with browser X for X?

A:Browser compliance ... okay this is the big one, yes I know, I know, there's no support for IE and Opera.

Right now I'm getting shit online, once everything is styled + running I will work on compliance (see my timetables lower down). For now I will try and make sure everything is okay for Firefox and Safari (on mac, but there isn't be much difference between the PC/mac Firefox render engine so Firefox on PC should be fine). Oh and btw opera is actually pretty much fine except for the fact that I'm using the onload property which seems to not fire properly under opera, suck it opera.

Q: It's too cluttered/Impossible to find understand what's going on in this interface, fix it!

A: Well I did realize when I made this that it was somewhat not totally obvious where thing where, but fear not... see that search button that does nothing, yeah that one, once I get around to making it work (see time table again) not only will you be able to search blogs posts, you will also be able to view a list of the blogs by order of latest post/username/jeans number/other random info, so that should stop your whining.

Q: Feature X doesn't work fix it !!!!!

A: Ok FIRST, try and not run around telling me things don't work till I'm finished (see timetable to know when, have I said that before?) but if you do report something as not working try and explain in DETAIL what's not working and MAKE SURE you include what BROWSER (including the VERSION number) and what OPERATING SYSTEM, if you don't I'll just ignore you ... (Sorry for liberal use of caps)

Q: When I go to signup how do I know you're not just gonna use the password I submit to h4X0r me? (answering this before someone asks)

A: Well if you're really paranoid, you may never know, but I can at the least assure you (all it depends on is whether you believe what I say) that when you submit it, like with any blog/forum software, it gets hashed and is never stored unhashed, so I can't read it and neither could any hacker who got a hold of all the info on the site, so you're safe (hashing is irreversible for those of you who didn't know).

Now for the "timetable". I plan to finish styling the blog part and installing/setting up the blogging software by late today or early tomorrow (saturday). I also plan to get the "news" page up by then where I will blog all changes/updates I make to the site. By that time someone should have sent me a list of all the participants, and I will send you all signup e-mails, so you can grab your accounts up and start blogging. Once that is done I will go find me a PC *shudder* and work out all the kinks in IE/Opera support (I plan to support Safari/Firefox/IE 5.5/IE 6/IE 7/Opera), which should be done by sunday or monday. After that I will get the search function up, that might take a few day, but I'll see when I get there, it's too far away for me to say exactly.

So wait till monday before you start reporting problems, after that you may insult my handiwork as much as you like.

If anyone want to get ahold of me or send me report of problems, you can e-mail me at admin at denimcontest dot com (I'm using that address so I can contain the e-mails about this in one place)

i think i'm the only one that doesn't have gripes. good shit

mine are standing in my garage.... wondering if I should soak more, everyone seems to have soaked way longer than I did (hour in tub, hot as I could stand, me in them)

They fit awesome now but wondering if I should soak more to get most shrinkage at the beginning... any thoughts?

Everyones look great on them. Keep them, the fit will get better as you wear them.

I did a cold soak for four hours, but I want to shrink my thighs down some more, so I'm thinking on doing a super hot soak now for a couple more hours.....

287359297_27ec11edd3.jpg287359240_4600e0ba9e.jpg287359174_c4d8e11de0.jpg

Finally someone with balls enough to wear cuffs. Nice... none of this, "I like the way they look stacked crap."

Finally someone with balls enough to wear cuffs. Nice... none of this, "I like the way they look stacked crap."

I _do_ like a little bit of "stack," but these are just way too long. I'll prolly end up getting a few inches cut off at some point.

I'll second the needing to get them chopped bit...I'm just looking for someone who does chainstitching in the dc area

pics forthcoming...I had to do a ghetto sink soak like CMF was talking about

i also managed to get some nasty funk on the sammies from the base of a big plant I was moving for my landlady. Another soak may be exigent, but I'm going to wait until they dry and see about how stinky they are...

Guest jeffvyain
I _do_ like a little bit of "stack," but these are just way too long. I'll prolly end up getting a few inches cut off at some point.

those are lookin good on you man. glad you caught me before they got shipped off to who knows where

Yes other people at riverside read superfuture...including me. I was at the library at the guy next to me was reading it; he was a lurker though. I've seen some other people rocking selvage; just saw some dude wearing ande walls today. I'll keep my eye out for you though...ahaha it would be my first superfuture supercreepy encounter. Feel free to stop me if you see some dude rocking sugarcane Edo Ai's. So much for being superAnonymous... I hate telling people that I go to UCR; I see their faces go from =) to =/ even though the school is clearly not as bad as other people make it out to be.

Anyway, the site looks good. I'll check back a few months down the line to see what everybody's got.

OKAY - NO MORE SIGNING UP - DEADLINE IS OVER

And here's the list !

digital_denim

pacioli

BrokenGlass

st199ml

Adsurgo

poly800rock

Timmy32

YetFung

mcflip

theswarm

DickDanger

Downwithianbrown

The black arm

Moz

Mickawes

TheNiklax

KO

Thorns

cheapmuthafukr

polishmike

apu

Beatle

emaze

DERDANKHUND

TypicalFashion

winq

I miss lily

Tommyhibbs

azn8oi

almondcrush

So - this is the final list - de:) tails on ordering soon !

OK, so that was on 9/10, 11:30AM my local time. A few people have been dropped and replaced. Even so, there are so many people that need to post pics :|

Beatle -- wooded place where a dog roams in Germany, confirmed

digital_denim -- San Francisco, confirmed.

st199ml -- London, confirmed.

poly800rock -- Philadelphia, confirmed

theswarm -- somewhere in the UK, confirmed

The black arm -- Oakland, confirmed.

Moz -- a small island near Sweden in Finland :), confirmed.

Mickawes -- Portsmouth, confirmed

Tommyhibbs -- Texas A&M University, confirmed.

azn8oi -- LAxRiverside, confirmed

almondcrush -- New Jersey, confirmed

emaze -- NYC, confirmed

Thorns -- Pittsburgh, confirmed

KO -- Eugene, confirmed

386 -- 45 miles west of Nashville, confirmed

Vee -- San Francisco, confirmed

YetFung -- Edmonton, confirmed

polishmike -- Jersey City, Confirmed to have received, pending pics.

BrokenGlass -- Dallas, confirmed for pics later.

DERDANKHUND -- confirmed, pending pics.

Downwithianbrown -- confirmed to have received, pending pics

Adsurgo -- confirmed to have received, pending pics.

Dick Danger -- confirmed to have received, pending pics.

Westbrook -- Philadelphian living as a Chicagoan, jeans in transit.

cheapmuthafukr -- Jacksonville, jeans in transit, good luck.

I miss lily -- Canada, jeans are in transit

horriblyjollyjinx -- Sweden, jeans are in transit

typicalfashion -- unconfirmed

shai -- unconfirmed

(apu) -- replaced by Vee

(Timmy32) -- replaced by Shai

(pacioli) -- replaced by jeffyvain

(jeffyvain) -- replaced by 386

(mcflip) -- replaced by Westbrook

(winq) -- replaced by HORRIBLYJOLLYJINX

It took me more than an hour to compile all this data. Ugh, 30 pages of the DENIM EXPERIMENT thread.

17/29 people have shown as least 1 pic of the jeans presoaked or not.

6/29 people have received their jeans, but have yet to show any pictures.

4/29 people's jeans are in transit

2/29 people really need to participate. thanks.

:P :p :P :p :P :p :P Saturday morning, what can I say?

-- edited since yetfung's post on page 10.

Ur my hero...Whenever I do work on the list , I get confused - and I have to start all over again...So I figured I'll wait for the email addresses - and update this way..

I now for sure that timmy32 dropped out before he ordered the Jeans - and I don't know what happended to theniklax - Toshiko mailed me that she did'nt recieve his order...

But - Beatle from the woods will update more after recieving all the pms object email...

13 in my folder - so I would say 14 or 15 more !!!