samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

A good dose of Obenauf's leather oil tends to darken the leather and make the samurais disappear. Same with my Sugarcane 55s. The oil made the red train disappear and brought the "made in USA" stamp come out. I usually oil my leather patches so they don't shrivel up too much after washing. One adverse effect is that it makes printed pictures on the patch disappear.

I don't use oil but beeswax or something that makes leather waterproof and it doesn't change the appearance at all. Try that if you want the print to remain.

I don't use oil but beeswax or something that makes leather waterproof and it doesn't change the appearance at all. Try that if you want the print to remain.

I used to use Obenauf's LP, but on some patches (eg. Imperial), I tended to get a build up of beeswax in the creases. Most of the time, I like that dark oiled leather look, but yeah, sometimes you lose the printed picture.

I'll try to re-upload when I get home...

Looking good beatle... & why yes I'm in a posting pic mood.

beatle,

the only way i can describe your contrast is by paraphrasing a great skit in Saturday Night Live history. Inside the Actors Studio.

That contrast is delightful. No. No. It is brilliant. No, no, no, no. There is no word to describe its perfection, so I am forced to make one up. And I'm going to do so right now. Scrumtrilescent.Yes it is. That contrast is absolutely scrumtrilescent.