Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya: Dumb question but.. do you work at Self Edge? I am new to the forum. :D

lurk moar

he is self edge.

Ooo. Gotcha. PM coming your way Kiya..

Nope, from BiG

Sorry, but if you didn't buy them from us you'll have to physically bring them into the store.

Did SE re-stock BSPs in a 33 recently and I missed it, or did only the smaller sizes get re-stocked?

We got a restock of every size less than a week ago.

Full restocks from Flat Head, Dry Bones, and Imperial have come in this week... Jeans, shirts, wallet chains, and more..

www.selfedge.com/shop

Kiya - When are you in the shop? I'll be visiting in one week and I want to make sure I catch you. I need new jawns for an epic journey.

I'm in Tokyo till Monday or so.

PM me a few days before you arrive and i'll see if i can be at the shop the same day you're coming in.

No, Flat Head likes to take their time producing anything made of leather, which is why restocks of wallets, chains, belts, take so long.

Iron Heart's 634S denim stretches an unbelievable amount. Give a call to the store and ask for their recommendation. When I bought my 634S from Self Edge they put me into a pair that barely fit, and within 10 wears, they stretched to perfection in the knees, thighs and waist.

Is the Iron Heart restock still good for Tuesday?

I am debating if I should be going for a 30" or 31" in the 9301 Super Blacks.

Could somebody who has a pair post their experience with stretching?

I know the site says up to 1.5" in the waist, but it also says 1.75" for Nudies which from my experience I find hard to believe. I would presume that the mega heavy denim wont stretch too much though?

I am pretty true 32, and my 634S are a 31. When I tried them on and took them home, I could barely button them up, and then were super tight from the knees up. It hurt to sit, hurt to walk, hurt to breathe and Icouldn't put my hands in my pockets (or anything else for that matter).

I am not into skinny or tight jeans, and I told Clay that when I bought them. He told me to trust him. They have become a perfect fit. I can now get a finger or two into the waist, my hands, cell phone, keys and whatnot into my pockets.

^ thx for the tips, zakurie: how much is "unbelievable" if you could say?

Basically, I'm trying to find out the limit of how the 9301s can stretch because with my last two pairs of 'tight' jeans they stretched just a little bit too much to fit into that category and ended up being unused. Like Diors stretching almost 2.5".

I guess I'll just get the smaller waist and see how it goes, I would rather risk that then see my jeans outgrow me.

does anybody own the SE white slub denim long sleeve and can post pics?

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75&products_id=300

kiya, are you going to restock this in an XXL or produce sth similar in the future?

x-post from waywt

it's a medium

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

self edge. real japan blues. vans x w)taps.

Skull shipment with leather wallet ropes, mid-length wallets, and medallion wallets just came in, including some new colors (jean restock is coming June 5th):

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70

Also, watch out for some insanely cool new Dry Bones stuff going up in the next couple of days..

Dry Bones & D.Lewis Spring Collection

Just got in a great shipment from Dry Bones, the Tokyo crew that brought us the recent SEXDBXS09 jean and also the very popular Red-D Slim Jeans.

First up is a great chambray shirt designed by D.Lewis & Dry Bones. D.Lewis is Britan's oldest motorcycle clothing brand. Started in 1891 they were producing multi-purpose motorcycle gear and by 1920 were making leather jackets for motorcycle and military flight use. D.Lewis went on to be one of the world's top original workwear and motorcycle gear companies and became legendary in the rock scene when the Sex Pistols, the Clash, Ramones and Iggy, even John Lennon & Paul McCartney were owners of vintage pieces of D.Lewis clothing. Today D.Lewis only has two lines outside of it's own, one produced by Comme des Garcons and one by Dry Bones.

The DBDL chambray shirt is made of a heavy indigo selvedge chambray, dyed and woven in Okayama with original accents such as slanted pockets, elbow reinforcements, and a red DL embroidery on the left cuff.

Also, a very vintage inspired crewneck pullover made of a brushed herringbone wool from DBDL really caught our eye when we first saw it; a design not seen often any more, a very period perfect piece.

We've also got a small number of Dry Bones Denim Slash Coats, once again DB shows us that you can take something and change it, and make people wonder whether or not it's a true reproduction. Using the Sushi Ear denim and four front pockets and a hidden inner right chest pocket, a great light overcoat.

Along with these three pieces we got some cool new adjustable leather bracelets from Dry Bones, made in Tokyo in their leather shop in Meguro-Ku.

With all these new items we received a full restock of the Red-D Slim jeans and the Dual Prong Leather Belt.

All these items are now available in-store and in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72

db_chambray_01_web-785102.jpg

db_chambray_03_web-785042.jpg

db_chambray_04_web-707447.jpg

db_chambray_06_web-707379.jpg

db_sweater_01_web-715410.jpg

db_sweater_04_web-788177.jpg

db_jacket_01_web-749357.jpg

db_jacket_07_web-748971.jpg

db_bracelet_02_web-703133.jpg

db_bracelet_03_web-703084.jpg

Guest Ark Sakura

That D.Lewis chambray is sweet. I just tried one on today and I want one!

By the way, I just returned/exchanged the hard-to-get Flat Head woven wallet rope for the Skull one, so SE is no longer sold out of this: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=223

I like the FH one, but my wife thought it looked like a cat o' nine tails, so i swapped 'em. (I guess I'm the one who is whipped! LoL)

Might we see the D. Lewis/Dry Bones Chambray in a short-sleeve?

No.. there's no such thing as a short sleeve version.