gap has raw, 'authentic japanese', selvedge jeans.

chris

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so are all the models that are marked "indigo dyed" fadeable? im trying to get my girl into dry denim and it might be a good start. i also noticed that they had a few diff cuts of guys stuff that was marked indigo dyed and has the color will transfer sticker on them.

anybody else see the sticker?

Holy crap, the Gough's were abso-fucking-lutely impossible to break in. Seriously. I gave them almost 5 months of continuous wear, and they've barely got any fade. Hell, my resin coated Levi A-Types broke in faster.

They were one wash though. I think I'm going to give them a wash tomorrow, Indian food seems to have been the breaking point for the things.

Not to drag this out but i coulda sworn me and my best friend went into a new Gap store in our area and i swear they had some raw selvedge morrisons. My friend went back to get them i think so ill try and snag some picks from him!

Are you sure you weren't eyeing the straight fit selvedges? Because those are of a different cut than Morrisons.

Isn't resin coating like wax that helps keep the dye in? I have the old Morrisons and they felt like they had kind've a wax coating. They look almost exactly the same after three months of everyday wear.

the only sticker that on the new Morrisons is the one that says :

Indigo Dyed

The dye used on this item will rub off on lightly colored favric...wash before using.. please follow care instructions (that ironically werent included..) to maintain the shape and th edeep color of this item

Also theres a tag inside that states it is indeed "resin coated".

So the new Morrisons arent raw but one washed? What exactly does one wash mean

the only sticker that on the new Morrisons is the one that says :

Indigo Dyed

The dye used on this item will rub off on lightly colored favric...wash before using.. please follow care instructions (that ironically werent included..) to maintain the shape and th edeep color of this item

Also theres a tag inside that states it is indeed "resin coated".

So the new Morrisons arent raw but one washed? What exactly does one wash mean

washed once ;)

Any idea if the new Morrison's stretch much? Tried them on in the shop but wasn't sure whether I needed to size down on them.

I take a size 30 in my Crates, and sized down to a 28 in the Morrison's. It was even worse after a hot soak, but they stretched out... I didn't measure it, all I can go by is how tight they felt on my body, ha. They might not stretch out even a full inch, but they're still tight in the waist for me. I think after a lot of wear they'll be fine.

I have a pair of the gap selvedge and yes they are huge! I wear a 36 in Levi's, so I bought on line a 36 and a 34 just incase. The 34's are huge. They must be a 38 or so. I've been experimenting on breaking them in. I'm pretty close to a wash, but if they don't shrink I'm screwed... and not in a good way.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a pair of the New Morrison's in Raw yesterday. Or I think they're raw, the inside says Indigo Resin coated and they are very stiff and feel a lot like the APCs I had (before returning them for anythother size).

Fit pretty well, I'll get some pics in a bit. I wore them last night and the indigo bled alll over my brand new rainbows :o

Just got some new morrisons, usually wear 32 in levis, the 32 in these were huge so i got 30. They're really dark and stiff, it doesnt say resin wash anywhere that I could find, and not selvage

pretty happy for what I paid for them

Heres some pics(yes im standing on my toilet and bathroom sink):

picture087xo5.jpg

picture088tt2.jpg

picture090xf8.jpg

picture091pt4.jpg

picture092zp6.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just bought a pair of morrisons for 19.99 definately not selvedge but they are raw. My gap(Montgomery mall MD. ) had no selvedge denim nor did they know what it was.