gap has raw, 'authentic japanese', selvedge jeans.

chris

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought the "whore" jean.....goughs and the denim is ok and it suits me because i like a baggy fit sometimes. I only wish there were more hidden rivets and they really OD'd on selvege as most of you know. but i still like em. the quality is better than any other $30 pair of jeans i can think of

levis stf's....aren't that bad lol

Hmm that's weird. Maybe they released a 2007 model or something.

Are these the ones you are talking about? Strange that they don't mention selvage on the website, but trust me they are. My buddy got them the other day.. the denim feels just like the gough's, just that the cut seems a little better and the back pockets aren't disgusting. Could do without the selvage on the coin pocket, but what can you do.

Are these the ones you are talking about? Strange that they don't mention selvage on the website, but trust me they are. My buddy got them the other day.. the denim feels just like the gough's, just that the cut seems a little better and the back pockets aren't disgusting. Could do without the selvage on the coin pocket, but what can you do.

he already said they werent.

plus i'll take a white wrap over cloth patch (which i kinda like to be honest) over a faux beat up wrap over leather patch. i tried the straight fit selvages on and am glad i went with the goughs overall

anyone know if their local gap still have these in a 31 x 30? The gap hotline keeps referring me to different places, all of which say they don't have them anymore.

I saw a 30 this morning at a local GAP, there is likely a 31 as well among the stack they have there. If you're interested, I can go back on Sunday and get either one.

Ive been in my Goughs for 2 months now. I have really been liking them. Since I am a more muscular guy, these jeans do well for my thick thighs.

Gough owners - what are your early impressions?

Who all removed the white cloth lable like I did?

Any other modifications?

Oh man, I just bought a pair of Morrisons (the $20 variety) and they are tagged at 31x32. I measured them and they're damn near 34x34, but that's why G-d invented hot water, right? My favorite part is that the yoke is constructed with selvege...that shit is hot.

Wait! Funny story...I go to Gap and I ask the girl if they have selvege. She replies with, "Oh yeah, those are the ones that you can roll up so you can see the stitching, right?", to which I reply, "Yes, sort of." She comes out from behind the counter and looks at my Imperials (which were currently cuffed) and says, "You already own a pair of these?" I stared at her as if she had 3 heads and merely said, "No."

I think that was the classy thing to do. Anyway, I'll post pictures once these things come out of their 5 hour hot soak.

I'd like to know how much these shrink, if you could post the results.

Mine shrunk 1" in the waist and about 2" inseam after a 2-hour warm soak and a trip through the dryer. The thigh also got noticably slimmer, which makes everything just about perfect :) . Also love the denim quality, as if my memory serves well, cmf said it was on par with non-selvedge Nudies which goes for about 6 times the price :D . Great deal overall.

do these jeans have a shine to them? also will washing them before wearing make them lose color at all?

I don't know which jeans you're referring to, but the Morrison's are not shiny at all. In regards to washing them, they will definitely lose color. The temperature of the water, as well as the amount of agitation will be the determining factor in how much color they lose.

do these jeans have a shine to them? also will washing them before wearing make them lose color at all?

For both question, not much at all. I expect the jean to stay dark for a long while with normal wear and a wash every 3 months or so. Of course, if contrast is your thing, your approach should be different.

^thanks for the quick replies. im talking about the gough's specifically. i like the color the way they are and dont want them to fade, whats the best way of prevention other then not wearing them? i hear using vinegar might help but dont know exactly, cause when i used the search function it took me to old expired pages

Alright, out of their 5 hour double hot soak and then a long full blast dryer episode, they lost 2 inches in the waist and are now a true 32. A bit annoying, but I don't really care that much as I'll be wearing this to do dirty jobs and for experiments on denim. The fit is pretty terrible, but for $20, you can't possibly be pissed. Have some pics:

100_3870.jpg

100_3871.jpg

Can anyone cop me a pair of the 30x30 gough?

Call the Skokie, Il. store. I returned my Morrison's today, because they fucking pissed me off with the amount of room that they had even after shrinking 2 inches. I exchanged them for a pair of Gough's from somewhere in a 30x32 range and in my travels through the geniuses at Gap, I heard there was a 30x30 in Skokie.

That was too long of a fucking story.