APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, the raw blacks are non-selvage.. also know of a guy who has had them for 2 months from the LA APC that noticed minimal stretching...so stretching shouldn't be as big on an issue than with the indigos. if anyone's interested I have an extra pair of these in 31", i could save you the tax or shipping from buying it on the website...

I haven't really been reading this thread lately, so I am sorry if my question has been answered.

I recently heard that APC were going to produce the Standard model again. Can anybody confirm this? If so are they available or when will they be available?

I liked them much better over the New Standard jeans, as the waist was a bit higher which I find more suitable for my style.

Hi,

I'm trying to buy a pair of NS in size 29. I went to the only shop listed in Montreal and they were out of APC. They're also on reorder at contextclothing and Denimbar.

The only place that seems to stock them is APC's site.

Is it possible to get a better price than 140$ ?

Any suggestion on where I could buy online?

Thanks.

I haven't really been reading this thread lately, so I am sorry if my question has been answered.

I recently heard that APC were going to produce the Standard model again. Can anybody confirm this? If so are they available or when will they be available?

I liked them much better over the New Standard jeans, as the waist was a bit higher which I find more suitable for my style.

www.denimbaronline.com carries APC Standards. They're not up right now because they are retaking pictures as requested by APC. I know they're out of NS at the moment but try calling one of the stores and seeing if they have any Standards left as they don't sell as fast.

www.denimbaronline.com carries APC Standards. They're not up right now because they are retaking pictures as requested by APC. I know they're out of NS at the moment but try calling one of the stores and seeing if they have any Standards left as they don't sell as fast.

Also, check out Blackbird, they sometimes have stuff available.

I received the NS in black raw yesterday. Fit is great, but there's some minor defects on them.

Right next to one of the back pockets there's a small hole. Or not really a hole, I think it's just more space between the yarns of the denim. You can see this when you hold the jeans up to the light, so it's not really visible normally. I'm just afraid the "hole" will grow later on. They seem to have "messed up" the sewing in this area a bit too so perhaps the hole is because of the needle going through the denim without any thread, don't know really.

Is it something I have to live with or should I talk to APC about this. The thing is I'd rather not return these since I have been shipping back some jeans to APC because they have sent me the wrong size a couple of times. This time I got the right size but now I have this issue :-).

The top button is "rattling" too, anyone else noticed the top button beeing a bit strange on black raw NS?

I f you can wait I would send them back for a good pair. If you are impatient take them to a tailor or sell them and buy a new pair. I would start by calling APC or emailing them.

my top button "rattles" slightly on my blue ns. not that much unless i shake it myself though. its a hollow rivet made of two pieces i think.

as for your hole, i don't think it should be there at all. however i can't quite tell what the hell that defect might be from what you're saying. it might be nothing. maybe if you took a pic of your hole? is it only there if you stretch it?

in any case, i'd either accept the defect as something cool or worry to shit that its gonna fall apart and exchange it.

Thanks for your help and response. Unfortunately I don't live in the US, but I will try contacting them nonetheless.

Cheers

I got my NS this week. I ordered them from tobi.com on Tuesday last week and they said they were backordered on them and they wouldn't have them for four weeks. I kept the order anyway and they ended up shipping on Thursday and I got them Monday. $126 with free shipping cause of the 10% off styleforum code (styleforum10).

After trying out the indigo NS in a store, I'm now quite confused about APC's sizing.

I'm 5ft9 and 140lbs, waist measurement couple of inches down from the navel is 31.5, and narrowest measurement (above the navel) is 28.

27 is tight around the thighs and calves, but I can button the top easily with space to slide in a finger between the jeans and my stomach. Then I tried 26, which felt skinny-tight around the thighs, and I couldn't even button up at all! Is the difference between the 2 sizes so big? Or is it more plausible to say that someone else tried on the 27 for some time and managed to stretch it a lil, while the pair of 26 has probably never been tried on before?

I prefered the fit and feel of the 27, but reading about all these stretching stories makes me wonder if I should go for the 26 instead. Or would wearing a belt with the 27 be sufficient to prevent it from stretching till it hangs off my ass :confused:

Thanks for the replies regarding my small defects on the NS.

The "hole" is visible without stretching but I probably would't have noticed if I wasn't inspecting my new stuff so closely.

The flat top button can be moved a bit up and down on the bottom part (the part that goes through the denim). Don't think it will come off, seems to be attached alright.

Can't stand sending these pair back to APC (from Sweden to France!). Think I'll just keep them and see what happens. Hey, they're jeans and will look beaten up eventually anyway :-).

After trying out the indigo NS in a store, I'm now quite confused about APC's sizing.

I'm 5ft9 and 140lbs, waist measurement couple of inches down from the navel is 31.5, and narrowest measurement (above the navel) is 28.

27 is tight around the thighs and calves, but I can button the top easily with space to slide in a finger between the jeans and my stomach. Then I tried 26, which felt skinny-tight around the thighs, and I couldn't even button up at all! Is the difference between the 2 sizes so big? Or is it more plausible to say that someone else tried on the 27 for some time and managed to stretch it a lil, while the pair of 26 has probably never been tried on before?

I prefered the fit and feel of the 27, but reading about all these stretching stories makes me wonder if I should go for the 26 instead. Or would wearing a belt with the 27 be sufficient to prevent it from stretching till it hangs off my ass :confused:

The only thing that would cause that much stretching would be if you tried on a pair of jeans that someone had bought, worn for a few days and then returned. If you are able to go back to the store, try to try on another pair.

Keep in mind these jeans really do stretch, so while you may be unsure for the first couple days, they'll become a perfect fit over time.