• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest noogsahoy

noob question i know.

i was just wondering.

i wear a 36 even steven.

and im looking to get a pair of either apc ns or rescue.

not sure on what size will be best.

i know they do stretch out alot.

was thinking a 35 in the ns...?

any bigger guys got pics of ns or rescues?

im not looking for a 'tight' fit...but a snug fit.

you may be better off getting Rescues (NS are straight leg (with a slight taper, maybe 0.5"), while Rescues have no taper at all), I just know my NS are tighter around the calves. You normally want to size down 2.

i need a bit of sizing help. a couple days ago i was able to try on NS in size 27 (@ blackbird ballard, which is an amazing store btw). i normally wear size 28. it wasn't even a struggle to button the jeans up, but they were already really tight on my thighs and hugging my butt. thing is, they were already just the right amount of looseness from the knee down.

should i still get them, or size down one? i've got pretty big thighs from years of bike racing, but i still like the tapered look enough to not go for rescues (which, even if i wanted to, only go down to size 28). i'm concerned that in two months time they'll be too baggy

i need a bit of sizing help. a couple days ago i was able to try on NS in size 27 (@ blackbird ballard, which is an amazing store btw). i normally wear size 28.

should i still get them, or size down one?

^If you normally wear a 28, I'd definitely go with the 27. And actually, I'd probably go with a 26. But if you think your thighs are too big to size down 2, then at the very least go down 1.

I'm aware of the sizing down from true waist size rule, but I happen to be in the middle (30.5) so do I go 28 or 29? I was thinking 28 but I dont want it too tight.

^Go with the 28. Better than a little too tight and have it stretch out to an acceptable comfort level later than to be too loose and not being able to do anything about it in the future.

Guest noogsahoy
you may be better off getting Rescues (NS are straight leg (with a slight taper, maybe 0.5"), while Rescues have no taper at all), I just know my NS are tighter around the calves. You normally want to size down 2.

was this directed to me?

because i was looking at the Rescues as well, but even at my size i prefer wearing slimmer jeans, so the taper would be nice.

size two down...

hrmm id probably say me natural waist to be 37-37.5...so hopefully a 35 will do me right.

i just picked up a pair of new standards about a week ago from the apc site. i like the fit overall. i could go for a little slimmer leg opening but they're quite nice. i could not button the top 2 buttons either, but after sitting in them for a bit i got one, then the other a little later. i was scared ordering online (considering how people talk about sizing down in them), but i'd tried on rescues at azalea before, and so i just went with my size i tried in those, figuring it would be tight enough given the sizing of the rescues. i can toss some pit pics up later if you like.

i just picked up a pair of new standards about a week ago from the apc site. i like the fit overall. i could go for a little slimmer leg opening but they're quite nice....

Did you try the new cures or the cures? They might fit the bill for you

I wear a 29 in Nudie SJD's and their a bit too baggy, not really feeling the fit. So which size should I get in Apc New Standard's? I was thinking about getting a 28 or even 27. I'm 5'4 and weigh 110.

^ 26. Or at least a 27, if you're going with NS.

You might want to check out NC's though, if you want a slimmer/skinnier fit on your frame.

I don't know if anyone coherent still reads this thread, but I'm still on the prowl for the raw black New Cures. Did anyone get these in this season? Anyone seen them around?

Do these fit the same as indigo raw new cures (can't see why they wouldn't, but figured I'd check). I don't think they have around here, but I'm going to figure out my size in the indigos and see if some APC store somewhere has a pair I could phone order.

Bumpedy bump.