APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so heres my dilemma - i'd like the skinny-ness of the NC, but i'm worried about sizing, cause NS seem to have more leeway in that department. im not gonna get a chance to go to the APC store before i leave for london next friday (busy weekend, too much summer work), and im thinking of just ordering them online and hoping for the best. i've already laid out that im a 35 natural waist, so 33 would be obvious in NS, but would 33 in NC make sense? i know they stretch a good deal, and i'd probably stretch them a bit (run around) then soak them back into shape for some straight up wearing. jay, since you're relatively close to my size (you're 6'3", i'm 6'7", its fucking relative...), and you seem to have some authority on good sizing for APC, what says you? anyone else can weigh in on this.

Downsize 2 on NS and you will be money. I downsized two and could've easily gone down three. That said, I am happy with my sizing, because the denim would've stretched entirely too much if I had downsized three, and I would've been left with nasty knee bulges and a poofed seat. I still have a slim silhouette, but they are not "tight" by any means.

I'm not sure about the NC, but I have been seeing people size down only 1 to achieve a slouchy look.

I say -- size down 2 for the New Standards and you will not be disappointed.

Downsize 2 on NS and you will be money. I downsized two and could've easily gone down three. That said, I am happy with my sizing, because the denim would've stretched entirely too much if I had downsized three, and I would've been left with nasty knee bulges and a poofed seat. I still have a slim silhouette, but they are not "tight" by any means.

I'm not sure about the NC, but I have been seeing people size down only 1 to achieve a slouchy look.

i'm not big on the slouchy look. i usually wear my jeans just at my waist, so if i sized down 3, would i be cutting it too close in terms of that in-between-slouchy-but-still-on-my-ass look? i'm just more inclined towards the NC because its slimmer in leg than the NS.

oh APC, how you drive me crazy with you're vanity sizing.

When sizing down between 2 and 3, best thing to do is try them on. Your thighs and other parts of your leg may/may not work when it does with other people. Just pull the trigger on whatever good deal you find, it's not hard to get your money back on supermarket with a BNWT pair of APCs since the demand is still decent.

Man I am so confused. I like to wear my jeans a little lower, and I sized UP to a 31 with my Nudie Slim Jims. The thing is I think the NS don't run as slim as the Slim Jims. I also bought a size 30 pair of Sling&Stone Davids which I just measured out to be a 32 waist, but the thing with those is that they sit really low because they have a 7" rise. I asked a guy at Context clothing and he told me to go with the 29. Yikes I'm lost haha.

Guest ilikeskating

what size do you have?

You don't need to soak them as APCs are sanforized, but some people do it anyway for a variety of reasons -- denim habits, trying to get a better fit, loosen up the fabric to avoid breaks at stress points, etc...

I hot soaked mine for a couple hours after a month or so of wear and noticed insignificant shrinkage.

Has anyone ever bought a pair of Rescue's and had them tapered from the knee down? I'm going to purchase a pair of APC's next week, but can't decide between the New Standards and the Rescue's. It's going to depend on the fit in the thighs, but if anyone has some pictures or experiences with tapering a pair of Rescue's post them up. Thanks.

jay, question - do your NS fit more like a pair of straight legged jeans (i know they are, but they have a taper), or closer to like a fitted slim leg?

i really wish someone would make one of those measurement charts. i can't find one anywhere.

They are a tapered leg that emulates a straight leg with a bunch of stacking at the ankle. I want to taper them from the knee down, so they are more snug around my calves -- in hopes of achieving better stacking.

Here is a comparison of NS to NC in size 28 (lifted from Context)

APC NEW STANDARD

Tagged size: 28

Waist: 29

Rise: 10.25

Knee: 8

Leg opening: 7.25

APC NEW CURE

Tagged size: 28

Waist: 29

Rise: 9

Knee: 7.5

Leg opening: 7

My NS are tagged size 30, so my knee measurement is 8.5 and my leg opening is 7.5. I want to taper them down to a 7" leg opening.

This is a fit pic from today:

aug10.jpg

^its called "vanity sizing", the tagged size is normally between 1 and 3 sizes smaller depending on the cut. so say you're a 33 waist, if you wanted slim, you'd get a 32, if you wanted skinny, you'd get 31 or below.