APC denim

Geowu

Okay so I just got myself New Standards today. I liked the New cures too. But I settled with the standards but I am unsure if I made the right choice.

Anyone have any pictures of NS after a few months when they have fully stretched out? i'm quite worried I wont get the fit I want because they'll stretch out so much and I must have just settled with NCs to get the skinny fit I want. I don;t want it skin tight but I want it slim... Ugh. You think I should go for the NCs?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people wear belts to prevent the waist from stretching out.

Get yourself a good pair of knee pads, this works great to keep the knees from buldging.

idiot...the straps would fuck up your HONEYCOMBS!:P

HAH didnt think about THAT did yah;)

Okay I'm such a noob.

So I'm travelling with the brand new apcs and I need to fold them and shit,

will that be okay or will they take on the folds

If you gonna put it that way in a time box, then it will matter. It won't matter for a week or so in the luggage.

I've been comtemplating the sizing for the next pair I buy...

I've had my Rescues since January...wearing them everyday...hot soak w/ Dr. Bronner's twice...first time a month ago...then end of last week. I bought a size 32 waist...being that I usually go for 33 (sometimes 34 in unsanforized denim)...plus it was a perfect not-too-baggy fit at the time (so I guess I sized down one). I also took a cue from the Hipsters that I had bought a while ago, in size 31, where they were a bit too slim for my liking, plus the low rise made it hard to sag 'em without feeling like everytime I raised my leg to "step up" to something, I was contributing to a nice near-future crotch blowout. Then again, they are a different fit from the Rescues.

Anyways...I've noticed a very apparent decline in fit...of course the knee buldge is pretty annoying and the main reason as to why the jeans are looking almost "sloppy" in the fit. Also, the fabric has softened up ALOT...which I don't mind...but it's gotten very saggy, for lack of a better term.

I've come to conclusion that I should have probably sized down to a 31 in the Rescues...or size 32 Hipsters...or maybe even a size up on some New Standards for a "fitted-yet not too slim" look (everytime I try on the NS, I feel like slappin' myself for the effort I have to put into sliding into them...the two times I've tried 'em on, they just seemed too slim).

I also know that they will stretch like crazy...but that's also mostly in the waist...which I'm not at all concerned about since I tend to sag my jeans and wear a belt. I just need to get the best fitting, not squeezing, leg post-wash(s) (with or without knee buldge).

Ok so right now I have a pair of Regualr Ralphs,im want something a little slimmer ,I was thinking the new standards would be prime ,BUT what size?I want it slim fitting not tight.I wear a 30 in my RRDS.

I'm 170lb, true waist 33-34; I wear 31 in RRDS and 30 in NS. They're uncomfortable at first, but give 'em a week and you'll be fine.

I hope this helps. :)

any pics on those rescues?

I'll get them up here soon...they aren't very impressive since they weren't really fitted...stretched alot after a month or so. I already know I'll get the trademark "Cool so far, but wear 'em for another 7 months!" But I will get some pics up here...why not.

Okay,

Do they stretch out a lot on the legs? Like on the thighs and calves?

Shit, I may go and exchange the new standards I just got (sized down 3) and just get the new cures (size down 2, but I get in the 3 quite easily)

Ugh what a hard choice.. Or just shell out another 150 for the new cures. fuck life.

new cures! i got them, sized down 2, fit great, im 5'8 150 lbs

Okay,

Do they stretch out a lot on the legs? Like on the thighs and calves?

Shit, I may go and exchange the new standards I just got (sized down 3) and just get the new cures (size down 2, but I get in the 3 quite easily)

Ugh what a hard choice.. Or just shell out another 150 for the new cures. fuck life.

I'll get them up here soon...they aren't very impressive since they weren't really fitted...stretched alot after a month or so. I already know I'll get the trademark "Cool so far, but wear 'em for another 7 months!" But I will get some pics up here...why not.

Would you recommend wearing a belt while breaking them in to help reduce the stretching?

Would you recommend wearing a belt while breaking them in to help reduce the stretching?

definitely, i never go anywhere with my april77s without my belt. so far so good, minimal or almost non existent stretch.

cheers!

I heard somewhere that you could turn the jean inside out, spray the knees with a water bottle, then iron them dry (with an ironing board so as not to ruin your honeycombs).

FYI, context has just stocked up on all sizes of APC New Standards.

Hey Guys,

I have a pair of hipsters that I have been breaking in for the last month and a half.

I am normally a size 32 but I bought a the hipsters in a 28, the whiskering and honeycombs are coming along really well and the stiffness is holding up in both areas.

The question that I have is that the knees are getting more blown out than I would like and the inseam is still a little long for my liking.

What should I be doing to reduce the size of both? Does the above suggestion actually work for anyone or is it possible to just hotsoak my jeans from the knees down or will that cause somekinda weird effect?

Just picked up a pair of New Cures last week. I'm 5'8", 120-125 lbs and I sized down one to a 29. I could do all the buttons on a 28 and could possibly squeeze into a 27 if I really wanted to, but not trying to go for the skin tight, denim leggings look. The 29s are perfect for the slight slouch, slim look I want. Fit is even better than Dior 19cms in a size 29 that I tried on.

newcure1.jpg

Well...yes...always wear a belt if you feel that works for your style. My personal opinion is why would you not wear a belt...it is one of the outfit completers.

But on the other hand, if you sag your jeans at all, or wear a belt that isn't super tight while your jeans are (super tight)...the waist will stretch regardless.

Okay so I know that there are always a few people that wonder how APC cuts differ from each other as well as from levis 501xx since usually APC are the next step up.I've decided to take a few pictures as well as try to discribe the differences between the cuts.I had initially purchased a pair of New Standards, however the fit was just a bit too tight for me in the thighs and the hips. The rise was also a little low for my prefrence. The main differences I was able to notice between the two different jeans are that the rescue have a higher rise, larger hem opening, and a much looser fit around the thighs and the hips. The New Standards are skin tight around the hips and thighs while the rescues are just snug. The rescues also come with a 36 inseam which is pretty darn massive in my opinion. When comparing the waist, the new standards usually have a waist that is about 0.5 - 1 inch smaller than then rescues. When I first got my new standards I had trouble buttoning up( they streched out about an inch after a week), however on my rescues they are a little loose when buttoned up. Upon comparing the APC to my levis 501xx, I have come up with the conclusion that the levis have a top half smilar to the rescues and they have a lower half similar to the tapered new standards. If you like the looseness of the levis 501 in the thighs and hips then you should stick with the rescues. If you like the tapered leg look and you have thin thighs/hips then you should stick with the new standards. Please take into consideration that these discriptions are of new APC. I have no idea how much these jeans are going to strech.

Just for reference

I wear 34x32 levis stf 501xx

33 in New Standards

33 in Rescues

Im 5'10" - 170 pounds

true waist is 35

Levis stf 501xx

DSCF0473.jpg

DSCF0472.jpg

DSCF0471.jpg

Rescues

rescue3.jpg

rescue2.jpg

rescue1.jpg

New Standards

apcns3.jpg

apcns2.jpg

Apcns1.jpg

why are people so afraid of an ocasional wash or soak? its better for your denim and in jeans that stretch out that much, its better since it will allow you to have a better fit(the one that was inteded to originally) without any loss of indigo

i soak my cures once a month and my whiskers are fine and so are my combs

soaking is alright but with washing it blends the indigo together therefor making fades harder

Recently bought a pair of rescues in 32W, the length seems a tad bit too long for me. They were hugging my thighs fairly tight, but was still able to button them up fairly easily. Wore them a week ago, one day for a couple of hours and again today for several hours, the waist and thigh area have already stretched to a comfortable fit.

Will they stretch below the knee, like the calf area? (Below the knee seems a bit too loose for me, and the leg opening seems a bit too wide, maybe I should've tried a pair of NS)

Also, one thing that seems weird to me (these are my first apcs) is that the pockets seem a bit small/shallow, is it just me or is this how all apc denim pockets are?

One last question, in the crotch area, right below the buttons, it looks as if it might rip, or looks as if the area is about to come apart, part of the area's stitching is showing, and other parts not, is this pretty common?

I agree with Fading...

Plus it is very debateable about the washing bit...we've seen some amazing fades with jeans that went through frequent washes...at least monthly. I actually started to finally get some fading in my 3-month old APC's AFTER my first wash...probably because I wore them dry and that was the first time I was setting my creases. The fades started to show about a month later, post-wash.