APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question, are New Standards and Rescues both selvage or just New Standards. APC site says New Standards are selvage, then it says Rescues are New Standards with a straight cut. So are both selvage? Thanks

I may have answered my own question by saying Rescues are New Standards with a straight cut, but I just want to clarify.

forgive me if this has already been posted (didnt want to sift through the 1800+ replies) but i was at alpha here on melrose last week picking up a pair of new cures and lauren that works over there told me that a.p.c. was opening a store on melrose near the d.d.c. lab store in a few months (melrose/robertson area near the p.d.c.).

i'm loving my new cures.. also picked up a pair of crate denim (the james cut.. already have the sally and love the line), corpus (tal raw) and nudies (slim jim dry) over the past couple of weeks. venturing out for a pair of iron army's within the next few days..

Quick question, are New Standards and Rescues both selvage or just New Standards. APC site says New Standards are selvage, then it says Rescues are New Standards with a straight cut. So are both selvage? Thanks

I may have answered my own question by saying Rescues are New Standards with a straight cut, but I just want to clarify.

yes you did.

Guest Fade to Black

damn those look like leggings...i understand sizing down is a wise move if you're not planning to wash for a long time etc. etc.

but that's just too tight.

That's what I was worried about :(

Oh well. I'll see how they go for a few months, and get another pair of something after Christmas.

dont worry

i bought my new standards and new cures that tight

and now my year and a few months old new standards have almost become my loose jean

i can wear them with dunks now its kind of ridiculous.

agreed, give them a chance to stretch, then it'll be perfect. I think it also looks odd because there's no creases in the front yet. Making it look even tighter, which i'm sure they're not. It looks good from the thighs down right now. Just give the top a chance to stretch, sleep in them for a couple of days and post again.

Just ordered a pair of Rescues from Denim Bar. Dude was super nice, and asked if I found out about them from Superfuture. I sheepishly said yes, and he told me they offer a better price for us. $120 shipped, even to Canada. Much better than $156 shipped direct from APC. Give them a call if you're in the market.

Why aren't the New Cures selvedge!? i'd like to buy a pair of those.

they are made with the same denim, but the tapered cut of the cures means that the pattern piece can't keep to the selvedge edge all the way down. but they are made from the same denim as the standards...