APC denim

Geowu

i have a sizing question but it's slightly different. i wear 32-33 in most jeans (i'm wearing levis 501 32/34, they were tight at first but they stretched out so they're comfortable but still look a little slim). the waist size isn't really what limits me though, i have 31ish inch waist but i have farily large thighs (24"). i was wondering whether i should go for the 31 or the 30. i'm leaning towards 30 because i like it when my jeans fit a little slim but i don't want them skintight after stretching; i'd prefer if they weren't skintight ever but i'm willing to sacrifice comfort and heterosexuality of reputation for a couple weeks to get some beautiful jeans.

so what do you guys think? oh yeah, i'm debating between the new standards and the straight jeans. i think i'd like the new standards more because i like the way they bunch up when i wear narrow shoes rather than dragging on the floor, is the difference between the two more of a taper thing or the whole leg?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a sizing question but it's slightly different. i wear 32-33 in most jeans (i'm wearing levis 501 32/34, they were tight at first but they stretched out so they're comfortable but still look a little slim). the waist size isn't really what limits me though, i have 31ish inch waist but i have farily large thighs (24"). i was wondering whether i should go for the 31 or the 30. i'm leaning towards 30 because i like it when my jeans fit a little slim but i don't want them skintight after stretching; i'd prefer if they weren't skintight ever but i'm willing to sacrifice comfort and heterosexuality of reputation for a couple weeks to get some beautiful jeans.

so what do you guys think? oh yeah, i'm debating between the new standards and the straight jeans. i think i'd like the new standards more because i like the way they bunch up when i wear narrow shoes rather than dragging on the floor, is the difference between the two more of a taper thing or the whole leg?

Go for the 30. You'll be fine. It will stretch a lot. If you do have large thighs you might want to look into rescues though. It's all preference. As far as the leg opening, ns is barely taper and the rescue is a true staight leg.

Mmm, I'm really thinking of getting a APC jean. But which one? I've been looking at the "unisex" one and the "standard one." I'm (i think) 6'1 and very skinny. So I've been thinking the "unisex" one would fit great on me, but (if anyone knows its fit) is it like the jeans that stick to your skin? (haha, I don't know much but it doesn't have that "red selvage" thing that the standard has.) eh...

sup,

any spots in nyc where i can cop APC jeans, been lookin around but i guess in all the wrong places.

also, do u go down 2 size because it eventually stretches, or they jus come big?? cuz i prefer my jeans easy fit.

thanks for the response

if i get a size 27 in the new standards

will i be fine?...i wear 28 in other jeans

i'd say go down 2 sizes or even 3 if u have to (basically get the tightest u can, apparently these bitches strecth like mad)

sup,

any spots in nyc where i can cop APC jeans, been lookin around but i guess in all the wrong places.

Isn't there an APC store in SoHO?

this has been covered so much, ive been wearing my apcs for 3months now, basically they were pretty tight when i first got them, i would take them off to sit down for a meal. Now I wear my jeans below my waist, they measure about 33 or 34 now and are hanging off my hips like mad, i have to wear em with a belt and they ruckle up alot so the front button falls below my belt. Also the knees stretch out like mad too.

So.. if you have the chance to try them on size down as much as possible, i sized down one size and mine just look like regular fit jeans now what with the legs and waist stretching. Im on new standards by the way.

That said they are a great budget selvedge jean with a modern cut.

I wear a 32-33 ish in most jeans and so i was wondering if a 29 would be better of a 30 would be better for me to get in the Rescues. I originally wanted to get New Standards but i feel like my thighs wont be able to handle them and im 6'2, 165 lbs. I decided to get the rescues so what size would be better to get, a 29 or a 30? thanx for the help...

I wear a 32-33 ish in most jeans and so i was wondering if a 29 would be better of a 30 would be better for me to get in the Rescues. I originally wanted to get New Standards but i feel like my thighs wont be able to handle them and im 6'2, 165 lbs. I decided to get the rescues so what size would be better to get, a 29 or a 30? thanx for the help...

I first thought the same thing you did on the new standards as I have pretty big thighs. I bought a 31 in NS (I'm usually a 32-33) and they fit perfect. They were a little tight at first but after wearing them straight for 5 days they have stretched a bit and fit very nice.

i wear 32W in rrds.Couldn't even button up the top button at first, but after a few days, they were comfortablly tight. Now after4 months, they've stretched to quite loose but i like the look. Got a APC NS in 30W. tight at first but could button up all the way. They streched to comfortable in about 30 sec.! The problem is the thighs...when i bend down... they looked stressed at the side seams- can see the whites threading (i dun really have big thighs ) So if you've got bigger thighs... should get 31W i guess.