APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep wearing them. When you're standing up, bend over a bit and push the fabric at the calves down so that it bunches up at the end of your leg, not all down the calf.

p.s. the itty-bitty cuff looks great. Nice contrast.

hahaha thanks, yeah i never really was into cuffing them a lot, just looked kinda weird

Could someone help me? I am mightily confused about the sizing of APC New Standards. I am looking at the size 32 waist on azalea, where it says that they actually measure 34. I am looking at a 33 waist pair elsewhere which measure 35.5 at the waist.

Will the jeans shrink 2 inches when washed? How do I factor this in with the predicted stretch? What has made me extra confused is the post somewhere, might have been this thread, where someone said they couldn't fit into the 32 inch waist pair. Have they recently gone from being one-wash to dry?

Im in my 3rd week breaking my new standards and at lunch i just realized the side seam bursted in the ankle section prob because i've cuffed them when wearing but i doubt thats the case..... :mad: I hope this is just a rare occurance because i still have a brand new pair of rescues that are waiting to be broken in.

What would you recommend for someone with a waist size of 34 who wants to wear them slim and who dislikes any kind of sagginess?

Are these latest APCs fitting larger than they used to? These actual waist sizes are absurd.

I would say go with a 31 for a really slim fit (i.e. ball crushing), I have a 34 waist and my 32's while tight at first have stretched to a more comfortable fit now.

Hey guys,

Bought a pair of New Cures in a 28, love them so far! Just wondering about the measurements of them though, APC say they are a tapered leg but they don't seem to taper? They're about 7" at the leg opening and about the same at the knee. Is this normal?

Hey guys,

Bought a pair of New Cures in a 28, love them so far! Just wondering about the measurements of them though, APC say they are a tapered leg but they don't seem to taper? They're about 7" at the leg opening and about the same at the knee. Is this normal?

Yeah this is normal. I thought they were tapered as well but they are actually a straight leg. In fact if you measure just above the leg opening you will see there is almost a tiny bootcut.

Yeah this is normal. I thought they were tapered as well but they are actually a straight leg. In fact if you measure just above the leg opening you will see there is almost a tiny bootcut.

Cheers for the reply dude, put my mind at rest!

Kinda weird that they're APC's slimmest cut but not 'that' slim.

Still, great pair of jeans though!

I would say go with a 31 for a really slim fit (i.e. ball crushing), I have a 34 waist and my 32's while tight at first have stretched to a more comfortable fit now.

Yeah I'm a usually a 33-34 waist and a 31 is working out great for me,then again I like my jeans pretty slim.My balls arent really getting crushed but I lost a little weight this summer so I guess theres alittle more room. I'm just a little concerned about the waist.Given I've only worn mine for 4 days now (slept in them and everything) the waist is definitely wearable but still a little snug when I sit down.

Hey guys,

Hi, what size do you wear in the new standard? I wear a size 28 in NS, I wonder if i should get the same size for the new cures or should I size up since the new cures is tighter?

Hi, what size do you wear in the new standard? I wear a size 28 in NS, I wonder if i should get the same size for the new cures or should I size up since the new cures is tighter?

Never tried on the NS bud. Lets just say the New Cures are pretty damn tight on the waist/ass/thighs.

Okay, seeing as how it's getting near fall over here in Washington...that means rain.

Obviously the rain would affect the way that my jeans turn out.

Would you guys recommend wearing them in the POURING rain?

Or would it ruin the look & wash out a lot of the indiglo?

You should probably size up one from your NS size to get a similar fit in the NC. However, APC seems to have been changing their sizes and the newest APC is fitting almost 3 sizes bigger prestretch. So I would call the store you are going to order from and ask them how their APC stock is sized and they can recommend you the best.

Anyone know how the New Cures compare with 19cm Diors? I really dig the slim but slouchy look on the Diors. If I can achieve this with the APCs then I'd probably just get those to save some money. I'd be getting a size 28-29, btw.

Never tried a pair of Diors on but from what I can see from people's pictures the fit looks pretty much the same.

I just got a pair of sz 30 Rescues, and i can fit my whole hand in between my waist and the pants. I can actually take off the pants with all of it buttoned. Should I get a sz 29 considering they will stretch A LOT.

Unfortunately, I think the 29s will be too large for you as well. I think you'll be better off with some New Standards in a smaller size or another brand altogether.

I just got a pair of sz 30 Rescues, and i can fit my whole hand in between my waist and the pants. I can actually take off the pants with all of it buttoned. Should I get a sz 29 considering they will stretch A LOT.

buddy, its as simple as this: If you usually wear a size 30 get at least a size 28 (and that goes for in any APC denim) ... sizing down 2 or 3 sizes is a safe bet

i'm currently on my secodn pair of apcs and i kinda got the wrong size again. problem? not really.

i understand a pair of jeans stretching where there is a stretch going on. ie knees get stretched out, hems get stretched out a bit due to covering shoes. but how exactly do you expect a waistband to stretch out if there isnt anything stretching it?

The waist on my APC's stretched out from normal everyday use. Sitting down, squatting and bending over stretch out the waistband a little bit. The waistband on my APC's, however, was too tight so I had to to a few "cannonballs" in place. Stretched it right out to the perfect size.

i'm currently on my secodn pair of apcs and i kinda got the wrong size again. problem? not really.

i understand a pair of jeans stretching where there is a stretch going on. ie knees get stretched out, hems get stretched out a bit due to covering shoes. but how exactly do you expect a waistband to stretch out if there isnt anything stretching it?

If theres nothing stretching them they won't.