APC denim

Geowu

Here's a question I didn't see posed: I procured a pair of 27 New Cures yesterday and they are a tight fit, but I expect them to stretch a bit more. I'm worried about the backs of the knees, though, which bunch and tighten when I bend my knees. My question is: is there any way to work on stretching the backs of the knees, or will that come with the general stretching of the denim?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats because people keep asking the same damn questions..maybe no one should respond until someone like CaliStyle can read through a whole damn thread..

you act like im the only one asking questions. Is this message board your life???? lmao geting all serious over nothing what is so sacred about this thread u damn fool this thread is FOR APC discussions and questions regarding APC.

you act like im the only one asking questions. Is this message board your life???? lmao geting all serious over nothing what is so sacred about this thread u damn fool this thread is FOR APC discussions and questions regarding APC.

here we go again...

icarus the jeans will collect a bit like you said behind your knees (or bunch up), that's what creates the honeycombed wear you may observe behind the worn in jeans here. comfort wise there's nothing to do but give your jeans a soak or just dip the bottom half of the legs into the water to get rid of the rigidity, the jeans come very heavily starched, that's why you might feel the strange tightness. but if you do this your combs will not really end up coming out, so it's really one or the other. :) they'll stretch out a bit in the knees but they'll always feel slightly "bunchy" behind.

icarus - i was worried about the front knee stretching out too much as well. try not to sit down for super long periods of time. i didn't soak mine at all and after a week of wear, they felt like second skin without the harsh rigidity i started with. try riding a bike and just wear 'em normally, not just around the house.

Thanks for the help guys, I spent some good time riding a bike and they have worked themselves out perfectly. Now if the waist stretches a bit more I will be a very happy camper, probably one with some nice honeycombs, too. Thanks again.

Thanks for the help guys, I spent some good time riding a bike and they have worked themselves out perfectly. Now if the waist stretches a bit more I will be a very happy camper, probably one with some nice honeycombs, too. Thanks again.

good luck! biking has been proven to be one of the Top Three Activities to give you a good fade, next to skating and hot sex ;)

chilllllllllllll people.

be like tweedles

whaaaat? heh.

I just scanned through +20 pages and have come to the conclusion that if I wear a 31 in RRDS i should get a 29 in NS, does that sound right or should I get another size?

Yep, I also wear 31 in RRDS and 29 in NS fits me perfectly. Go for it. The NS are great jeans.

so today I finally bought my first pair of apc jeans "new standard". I normally wear a size 30 and I took this forum advice and got a size 28. It's an experience trying on these apc jeans for the first time. I could not believe how stiff and how hard it was to button up. I started with the first 3 buttons and left the last one open and just wear it around the house. After 4 hours, the jeans is stretching and gets more comfortable by the minutes. If you are new like me, the best thing you can do is go two sizes down, just like everyone is saying in here.

Does anybody have both New Standards and New Cures? If so, what are the differences in fit and sizing?

Are NC much slimmer than NS? Photos?

Is the size same on both?

As always with APC, sizing seems to be problem. On azaleasf website waists on both are measured, NS 32 inch is actually 34 inch, and NC 32 inch is actually 33 inch.

Yeah, did search...

Does anybody have both New Standards and New Cures? If so, what are the differences in fit and sizing?

Are NC much slimmer than NS? Photos?

Is the size same on both?

As always with APC, sizing seems to be problem. On azaleasf website waists on both are measured, NS 32 inch is actually 34 inch, and NC 32 inch is actually 33 inch.

Yeah, did search...

New Cures are WAY much slimmer than NS. I attempted to try NC in sz31 but could not pull them on. I managed to pull on somehow sz32 but they looked like leggins on me and waist was too loose. I have both NS and "old" Cures in 31 and Rescues in 29.

Hey all...first time poster,long time reader here. So I've read through countless pages of this thread along with most of the links in the "denim encyclopedia thread and have come to a size I think would suit me in a pair of New Standards. As much as I've read up I'm still a little hesitant to just go ahead and order them so I was wondering if someone here could offer me a second opinion. I've worn a 33 to 34 waist in all the denim I've been wearing up to now so I figured that I would fall into the 32 category.But after reading on the Azalea site that the 32 actually measures 34 I concluded that I'd be better off ordering a 30 to accomodate for stretching.I was just wondering what anyone else with a 34 waist ordered their New Standards in.I would go to the city and buy them but my schedule doesnt really permit me to go whenever I feel like it,NY tax is a killer too.

I'm not sure about stretching in NS. I think they should be the same if they use the same fabric. I usually wear 31 in most jeans ( my waist measurement is 31 as well ) I got a pair of Hipster in 28 they were real tight!!!!!!!!. Couple days later they stretch like crazy now i can wear them quite comfortable ( Much more comfortable compare to the first time i put them on)

what is the "straight" jean on the a.p.c. website called? i believe they're the rescues? wear a 31 in abercrombie jeans (yeah i know..lol) so i'm assuming maybe a 29 or a 30 would suffice? i don't particularly like them real tight.

I'm pretty sure its been said on this forum that stretching also depends on how tight one's jeans are worn...so maybe if you dont like to wear your jeans so tight you might not have to size down so much.Anyone else here could tell you more about that than I could but I'm just throwing that out there.

i got some new standards in soho today and i am usually a 30-29, i got 27s that fit like a glove (real tight for now); could get my ass into some 26s but then i couldn't button the top 2... I absolutly adore these jeans, wait till you see them in person.

ps: the shop is great and the service is wonderful,