APC denim

Geowu

I've been looking for a nice grey pair of jeans, preferably in a slightly lighter wash, for a bit now and the only decent pair I can seem to find are the APC overdyed grey Narrow Jeans. Unfortunately, I recall seeing one pic posted in WAYWT, but I couldn't find it via search and nothing else turned up besides a few Recent Purchases posts.

1) Does anyone have a pic of them actually being worn, whether it be in a magazine or some kid's bathroom?

2) Will the overdyed jeans stretch as much as the regular NS (for example my Acne Max Raw stretched about 2" whereas my Max Cash overdyed black stretched 1")?

3) The APC site has them on sale for $115 but doesn't list any sizes, are they just out of stock from the previous Summer sale?

4) Does anyone know if Denimbar carries the overdyed grey's or do they stick to the raw's?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

verb, i can answer question 4 for you and its a no. i called them last week and they only carry the raws and vintage wash.

Thanks nimo, I'll keep trying the APC website and eBay. In case anyone's interested, here are some pics of the overdyed grey New Standards:

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

how do i wash these things? had em for about 5 months worn pretty hard and i just bought another pair of raw jeans (nudie this time). whats the best way to go at it and how much will they shrink?

Turn them inside out. Wash on low temp if you want them to be dark, high temp if you want them to be light. Hang dry. Proceed to rock the fuck out.

I tried searching, but it doesn't exactly work, if you will. So, basically, my NS are coming out loser than I had hoped.

Has anyone tried the APC Slims / are they the same quality as the new standards?

Yeah. Same fabric, same construction.

The Cures aren't selvage so I would assume that the new cure's aren't either, supposedly the denim is exactly the same otherwise though.

I tried on the NS and Cures and they were very similar, even the cut didn't seem that different, I'm hoping the New Cures are a lot narrower in the leg.

The Cures aren't selvage so I would assume that the new cure's aren't either, supposedly the denim is exactly the same otherwise though.

I tried on the NS and Cures and they were very similar, even the cut didn't seem that different, I'm hoping the New Cures are a lot narrower in the leg.

New Cures aren't selvage.

The leg is narrower. The hem is 7 inch, which is less than 19cm if you see what I mean.

Guest mikey8811

Hi

What size should I be in New Standard Raw Denims?

Am a bit confused about this. I wear a XS in the 2 button APC washed denim jeans - these are the very slim ones and can fit into a 29 for the washed CURE jeans, with ample room around my waist/hips ie. I can stick a hand in. I tried a 28 in the washed CURE jeans and they fit around the waist/hips except they seemed like tights around the calves so I opted for the 29. I normally take a 29 in Nudie washed jeans - both Straight Sven and Slim Jims. I am in between a 29 and 30 in Helmut Langs with a 29 tight around the crotch and a 30 fitting correctly there but loose around the waist.

My friend bought me a pair of Raw STANDARD denims in a 30 and I understand these are high rise - they have ample room around the waist but have a lot of loose/excess fabric around the butt, so I need to get them exchanged for the NEW STANDARD - but what size should I go for?

I called APC Mail Order and I can only exchange them once - they recommended a 29 based on the fact that I felt more comfortable in the washed CURE 29's.

Help much appreciated.

Thanks

ANOTHER QUESTION!

so. i can barely SQEEZE myself into 26waist new standards and i can only wear them High rise. not all the buttons will button up if i wear them low under my hips. over time, will they eventually go under my hips? maybe hanging off my ass? about how many sizes will it STRETCH out to? thanks PEACE!

ANOTHER QUESTION!

so. i can barely SQEEZE myself into 26waist new standards and i can only wear them High rise. not all the buttons will button up if i wear them low under my hips. over time, will they eventually go under my hips? maybe hanging off my ass? about how many sizes will it STRETCH out to? thanks PEACE!

wear them high for now and start pushing them down. i had to do that myself. now they fit comfortably at my hips after about 2 weeks.

-later days.

Guest mikey8811

Up again for help. I have to do this return very soon.

Some assistance much appreciated.

Hi

What size should I be in New Standard Raw Denims?

Am a bit confused about this. I wear a XS in the 2 button APC washed denim jeans - these are the very slim ones and can fit into a 29 for the washed CURE jeans, with ample room around my waist/hips ie. I can stick a hand in. I tried a 28 in the washed CURE jeans and they fit around the waist/hips except they seemed like tights around the calves so I opted for the 29. I normally take a 29 in Nudie washed jeans - both Straight Sven and Slim Jims. I am in between a 29 and 30 in Helmut Langs with a 29 tight around the crotch and a 30 fitting correctly there but loose around the waist.

My friend bought me a pair of Raw STANDARD denims in a 30 and I understand these are high rise - they have ample room around the waist but have a lot of loose/excess fabric around the butt, so I need to get them exchanged for the NEW STANDARD - but what size should I go for?

I called APC Mail Order and I can only exchange them once - they recommended a 29 based on the fact that I felt more comfortable in the washed CURE 29's.

Help much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest mikey8811
27 i think should work for you?

Hi Tweedles

How does the STANDARD differ from the NEW STANDARD? I have tried on a pair of my friend's STANDARD in a 29 and they fit fine around the thighs and crotch but are snug around the waist meaning I cannot fit a hand in or put my hands in the pockets. That led me to think that maybe a NEW STANDARD 29 may be alright.

Thanks

the standard has a higher rise (one extra button) than the new standard. all raw denim (and especially by APC) will expand, so if you're looking for that skinny fit you'll need to size down by two from your regular size. if you're not keen on the skinny look, then take your waist size but be prepared to depend on a belt.

pockets are a bad measurement - the apc pockets are terrible for getting hands in. they're just no good for anything bigger than a mobile.

pockets are a bad measurement - the apc pockets are terrible for getting hands in. they're just no good for anything bigger than a mobile.

I just got a pair of Hipsters, and strangely, the pockets are a lot bigger than on the New Standards, Cures and New Cures.

I much prefer the low rise of the Hipsters compared to my Cures. Now I'm just going to have them tapered and I'll be all good to go. :)

So, I recently got a pair of APC Rescues in a size 32. I usually wear a size 34 and these are pretty roomy for me right now.

Will I have trouble getting some good, natural fades in these? Probably a good 2 inches. Should I get the waist on these taken in then?

Also, how many sizes did some of you jump when you got your pair?

if i get a chance 2morrow morning i'll post pictures of a pair of rescues that were quite big on me before i gave them a hot wash..

i wouldnt see a reason in getting them taken in.

Alright cool, thanks.

Reason for why I'd ask is because I heard that they just stretch, and not shrink or what not. I was thinkin' wtf, why wouldn't they shrink, but yeah. The pics would be great.

Also, is it normal for them to be pretty long? I'm about 5'10'' and mine are pretty long on me.

Guest mikey8811
the standard has a higher rise (one extra button) than the new standard. all raw denim (and especially by APC) will expand, so if you're looking for that skinny fit you'll need to size down by two from your regular size. if you're not keen on the skinny look, then take your waist size but be prepared to depend on a belt.

Tweedles - the pockets on my washed CURE and 2-Button APC's are fairly roomy but I guess it is probably because they are washed. Are the 2 - Button jeans the same as the hipsters?

Are you saying that in spite of my taking a 29 for the washed CURE jeans, I should go for a 27 for the NEW STANDARD ones?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions - it's just that the sizing is too weird and the exchange process is troublesome.