APC denim

Geowu

Alight, sorry for another NS sizing question, but there's been a lot of different answers on sizing on the last few pages. I normally wear a 30/31, and I'm looking for what appears to be a 29, but denim bar apparently only has 28. Or in their next shipment. Or something.

Am I going to die trying to start wearing these? I bike most every day, so that should help.

Just wondering what you guys think.

(P.S. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how deep the pockets are on the NS, I was planning on finally picking up this (http://www.mynudies.com/pics/nuwallet.jpg ) wallet. Will it actually fit do you think?)

^^^^^^^^^^

wallet0bl.png

i t a l i c s f o r l i f e

http://www.liarsliarsliars.com

Edited by Servo2000 on Jun 14, 2006 at 03:00 PM

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

depends on what you mean by normally, but I think 29 is going to be a bit big for you. and at worst, 28 will be just a little difficult to button them in the beginning, but will stretch out real fast.

--- Original message by Chicken on Jun 14, 2006 03:02 PM

You're a good man, Chicken.

A good man indeed.

i t a l i c s f o r l i f e

http://www.liarsliarsliars.com

Quote:

Alight, sorry for another NS sizing question, but there's been a lot of different answers on sizing on the last few pages. I normally wear a 30/31, and I'm looking for what appears to be a 29, but denim bar apparently only has 28. Or in their next shipment. Or something.

Am I going to die trying to start wearing these? I bike most every day, so that should help.

Just wondering what you guys think.

(P.S. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how deep the pockets are on the NS, I was planning on finally picking up this (http://www.mynudies.com/pics/nuwallet.jpg ) wallet. Will it actually fit do you think?)

^^^^^^^^^^

wallet0bl.png

--- Original message by Servo2000 on Jun 14, 2006 02:56 PM

The APC NS pockets are 13cm deep on my 29s. Nudie pockets are deeper - about 15cm.

reporter: "what do you think about western civilization?"

gandhi: "i think it would be a good idea."

Quote:

have they changed the name of the rescues to straight?

sorry...i havent been paying attention to apcs for a while now...

also, is there a washed version of the rescues like the apc New standards... (not talking about the grey ones)

--- Original message by ngbetter11 on Jun 17, 2006 05:42 PM

yup

Does anyone have any experience ordering from the APC website? I was going to pick them up from denim bar but they don't have them in my size yet.

Anyyone have any experience about how well they communicate if you have to change size / how long did it take to ship?

Servo2000:

I ordered from the European store, there could be differences between them I guess.

What happened was that first I ordered the wrong size, and sent them an e-mail to size down some more. Never got a reply.

Then my credit card expired, and I had to write again to change to the new one. Still no answer.

But then I received the jeans a couple of weeks later, in the right size and charged on my new visa. So, apparently they don't communicate very well, but they'll do everything for you. And not let you know that they did it.

well i just cold soaked my apcs rescues for about 2 hrs, and will check back on them

they dont seem to have lost too much color so far, i tried not to touch em in the tub, the water was very light blue/yellowly when i was done..

hopefully they will shrink an inch or two in the waist and an inch in the inseam

i bought 30s even though im a waist 31/32, and they still fit a little big from the get go, shoulda got 29s i guess

well i left em cold soaked, dried em on a line outside, they maybe lost only an inch in length, and thats about it...

the waist doesnt feel like it shrank at ALL , at least now i wont have to deal with the crases shifting when i wear em in right??

eh i think ill just live with it, too much hassle..

its not that much bigger than id like, just slightly, the fit is baggy anyway

Are they really that baggy? From what I've been reading here, it's baggier than the NS, but slimmer than say Nudie SS. Leg opening is about 8 inch?

i just got a pair of new cures and i'm debating whether to wear wet and dry. they're pretty tight so i'm not concerned with making the folds more prominent, but is the 1" shrinkage really enough to visibly change the position of honeycombing?

i just got a pair of new cures and i'm debating whether to wear wet and dry. they're pretty tight so i'm not concerned with making the folds more prominent, but is the 1" shrinkage really enough to visibly change the position of honeycombing?

It really depends, if your honeycombs are 1" higher they wont look bad on most people, people with shorter legs may find they look very odd because they end up very high on the leg. I prefer to get the shrinking out of the way, more so for the cuffs/hem and any leg twist that would happen. Honeycombs 1" up may look fine, but having them on the side of your leg not so much (IMO of course).

It really depends, if your honeycombs are 1" higher they wont look bad on most people, people with shorter legs may find they look very odd because they end up very high on the leg. I prefer to get the shrinking out of the way, more so for the cuffs/hem and any leg twist that would happen. Honeycombs 1" up may look fine, but having them on the side of your leg not so much (IMO of course).

if the leg shrinks 1" it doesn't mean that the honeycombs move 1".

the shrinkage wont be noticeable and the legs wont twist.

I don't know if there's anyone else from Michigan on here but I found a place in Birmingham called Peasant that carries New Standards. Picked up a pair today. I guess they'll be getting Sugar Cane's in soon, also.

Are they really that baggy? From what I've been reading here, it's baggier than the NS, but slimmer than say Nudie SS. Leg opening is about 8 inch?

no way is the rescue slimmer than the Nudie SS. Nudie SS is only slightly baggier than NS. rescue is damn baggy.

if the leg shrinks 1" it doesn't mean that the honeycombs move 1".

the shrinkage wont be noticeable and the legs wont twist.

right, but on say a pair of 28" inseam jeans the shrink will be much more noticeable (again, extreme case, which was my point, it wont matter for 99+% of people)

Not sure what you mean by shrinkage wont be noticeable and the legs wont twist. Sometimes I swear my jeans are different than so many people here. The left leg on my APC's twisted after they shrank.