APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

hey snugglepony, i was wonderin if i could have the numebr for mauro cus i wana cop some new standards.

--- Original message by kliu22 on May 10, 2006 07:52 PM

sorry - caught this late...

if you don't already have the number, it's seven zero three - four one four - eight two zero two.

you don't necessarily need to talk to mauro - pretty much everyone knows the deal.

don't alter them. you can get away with tapering legs, but honestly, don't fuck with the waist, yoke, etc.

i saw your post trying to sell your APCs a few days ago, and honestly, you're going to have trouble getting that price, esp. since everyone knows about the denimbar deal... why not put them up on ebay for, say, $110usd, and then buy a pair that fits from mauro? you'll take a bit of a loss, but your other options are a) have a pair of jeans that don't fit, so you never wear them, or B) pay a tailor at least $40 to fuck them up trying to turn 31s into 30s...

good luck, dog.

Quote:

does anyone know the sizing on the APC work pants. they come in xs s m l xl.

i wear about a 28/29 waist, does anyone know if the smalls are perfect for me?????

--- Original message by drugfreevegan on May 16, 2006 12:29 PM

Are you talking about those miltary style pants? I saw them at the store and all they had were M's, and by glancing at them and picking them up I figured they were HUGE. I don't really know what APC is really thinking of with their sizing, but it's weird that most of us here are grown men buying jeans sizes we used to wear in 5th grade.

Quote:
Quote:

does anyone know the sizing on the APC work pants. they come in xs s m l xl.

i wear about a 28/29 waist, does anyone know if the smalls are perfect for me?????

--- Original message by drugfreevegan on May 16, 2006 12:29 PM

Are you talking about those miltary style pants? I saw them at the store and all they had were M's, and by glancing at them and picking them up I figured they were HUGE. I don't really know what APC is really thinking of with their sizing, but it's weird that most of us here are grown men buying jeans sizes we used to wear in 5th grade.

--- Original message by dismalfuture on May 16, 2006 02:22 PM

Just like womens clothes sizing, over the years the sizes get bigger and bigger, so they can buy a smaller size than they really need and say "see honey, I am still a size 4!" icon_smile_shock.gif

I a still amazed at the fact that womens clothes have negative sizes.

a question for those of you with APC cures...

im thinking of getting the cure in 28 (2 sizes down, im normally 30) or perhaps even 27. however, im a little apprehensive about the tapered leg - i dont want to be too restricted in what shoes i can wear, and want to avoid the clown shoe look.

from those of you that sized down 2 or 3 on the cure, any advice as to what are the chunkiest shoes you can wear with the cures, without making yourself look like you belong in sideshow alley with facepaint and a wig?

i'm thinking that perhaps to avoid this problem, it may be better to size down 3 on the APC NS than 2 on the APC cure.

thoughts?

http://www.myspace.com/eleventhhereacheslondon

http://www.myspace.com/fooltheworld

it would be really helpfull if someone could condense the jean fit discussion on this forum. can someone hook it up with a review of all of the fits (old and new) with what type of cut they have.

standard

cure

rescue

hipster

new standard

tight

womens

unisex

im pretty sure i missed a couple. it would help a lot of new denim head, or someone not familiar with APC (ahem, me), with buying APCs if they were able to quickly find what type of fit they want.

-later days.

Quote:

it would be really helpfull if someone could condense the jean fit discussion on this forum. can someone hook it up with a review of all of the fits (old and new) with what type of cut they have.

standard

cure

rescue

hipster

new standard

tight

womens

unisex

im pretty sure i missed a couple. it would help a lot of new denim head, or someone not familiar with APC (ahem, me), with buying APCs if they were able to quickly find what type of fit they want.

-later days.

--- Original message by prufrock on May 19, 2006 08:44 AM

their naming scheme is ridiculous. the style names in their catalog/website don't match the tags on their products (exception being the new standard) which is pretty confusing. someone might correct me here, but this is my understanding:

tag = style

cure = narrow jeans

new cure = slim denim

hipster = womens jeans / low rise jeans

rescue = straight jeans

new standard = new standard jeans

they're all pretty much unisex.

standard is now a defunct style, as is the bootcut.

Edited by snugglepony on May 19, 2006 at 09:10 AM

standard = 5 button fly

new standard = 4 button fly

standards are available from their online store under Web Specials section. only in washed, i believe. not sure if they're available in b&m stores.

apparently the new standard is slightly tapered? either way they're slim and mostly straight jeans. if there's a taper it's very slight.

Quote:

to all APC experts, just want to find out how much APC NS will strink after wash 1st wash. Because my NS is kinda long, thought of hemming it before wearing. Pls advise.

--- Original message by darkblack on May 10, 2006 08:59 AM

I've been wondering about this to?

I've been wearing the Cures for about a month and I'm only about 5'9" so they're really long and bunch up quit a bit in the leg, I'm planning on not washing them for a long time but that just means that I'm going to have to keep rocking them all bunched up like this if hemming before hand is a really bad idea.

Quote:

a question for those of you with APC cures...

im thinking of getting the cure in 28 (2 sizes down, im normally 30) or perhaps even 27. however, im a little apprehensive about the tapered leg - i dont want to be too restricted in what shoes i can wear, and want to avoid the clown shoe look.

from those of you that sized down 2 or 3 on the cure, any advice as to what are the chunkiest shoes you can wear with the cures, without making yourself look like you belong in sideshow alley with facepaint and a wig?

i'm thinking that perhaps to avoid this problem, it may be better to size down 3 on the APC NS than 2 on the APC cure.

thoughts?

--- Original message by jpgm on May 17, 2006 06:00 PM

I usually wear size 32 at the smallest and I got the Cures in 29, I tried on the NS at the same time and there didn't seem to be that much of a difference between them. I'd size down the same in both, and then size down some more and suffer through it because they stretch like madness.

ok, I know there have been so many questions as to waist sizes and this is similar to that but im wondering more of how much do the legs width (thigh, ankle) varies with sizing. Im thinking of getting size 25 cures as im normally a 28 in higher rise (9",10") stretch jeans. A very low rise such as 8"(below hip bones) I'll wear 30. My legs built are a slimmer than normal but not stick thin as Chris' on here. So would 25's be to "skinny" for my legs considering they're the smallest size. Im 5'9, 130 and the middle of my thigh is 18 1/2 inches all the way around. sorry if that was way to much info.

I have a question that I NEED answered before i plop down the money for a pair

that is..

I want to be able to rock em comfortably, and the inseam is too long ie ive heard between 34-36 inches

im getting a sz 30, since im a real sz32.. but regarding the length, should i hem before or after washing

i doubt i can rock em as is since im only 5'9, so i might take em down to a 32 or 32 1/2

is it gonna be a problem once i wash em that i hemmed them first

Edited by homi29 on May 25, 2006 at 06:19 PM

Edited by homi29 on May 25, 2006 at 06:34 PM

Quote:

My APC's length shrank just over 2" on the first soak. So if you hem them first, make sure to leave enough length so you don't have high waters later.

--- Original message by Jetta on May 25, 2006 06:41 PM

they wont shrink as much if you hang them upside to dry. or so i hear.

homi29, yes just a cold soak, well as cold as the tap water gets here in FL.

Shagnscoob, yeah if you stretch them you can get some length back, which is what I did with my Nudies, but my APC's I wanted to shrink in length so I laid them out to dry.

I did a cold wash before wearing NS and they did not loose any color. they even retained some shine and still look pretty dry but much softer. Also, I stretched them lenthwise right after the wash so they shrank not much, maybe less than an inch.

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

Quote:

just one more question

did they lose alot of indigo

i love the "dry" look, so i hope they retain their dry color at least for the most part

--- Original message by homi29 on May 25, 2006 08:56 PM

I think they looked even better after the soak. The color is still very dark and shiny. They lost very little indigo, the water in the tub after I removed them resembled something like a "crystal clear" color, where it has a slight blue tint, but doesnt actually look blue, if that makes sense.

i have been looking into purchasing a pair of apc new standards for a while now though the sizing part confuses me. i wear a true 30 in levis and was wondering what would be the best fit a 27 or 28. anyone have advice?