yup

pasey pase

I'm black and I don't use the word. I make it a point not to. but sometimes when I get drunk and with my friends or family, it slips out. I've been raised with the word, and it is a part of my vernacular. I hate it. If you went to one of my family functions (BBQ,Reunion etc.) it would be the most overheard word I'm sure. but all the people saying it would denounce using the word if you asked them. I think it's ingrained in our psyche. I think it got really bad between the late 50's and the early seventies. basically the civil rights movement. when tensions between blacks and whites were high in the south, I think southern whites used the word as a verbal weapon to accompany the lynchings and church bombings and what have you. So America associates the usage of the word with that time period. which is one of our darker moments.. however in the late seventies and early eighties once Black people were comfortable in their freedoms... the pimp, disco, soul, and hip hop cultures probably started using the word in a cool and "mocking" way.. as to say "fuck those white people". Like imagine some black dudes on the corner shooting the shit after the civil rights movement . "Nigga what's up with your shoes?" in a southern white twang "Fuck you Nigga". comedy and hilarity ensues. couple this with years and years of rap music and you have our present culture... shit is weak. I'm a rapper and I don't use the word in my songs unless I'm trying to make a point with the usage... what really made me address it is seeing our cultural impact on other countries. In Germany for instance, when the whitest of white German guy comes up to you like "what's up my nigga?" something is wrong. you gotta check yourself. It's happened to me everywhere.. Brazil, Japan...everywhere. but at the end of the day. it's just a word. and I must admit there's something sexy and mystical about it.. it just sounds good. I think that's what all the fuss is about. people like saying the word because it sounds good. like pussy. pussy sounds good too. and everybody says it. I know some girls that hate that word. and that's because it gets under your skin.. say it with me.....PUSSY!!!!! NIGGA!!!!

• 2 months later...

what about the fact that most of us(ok,me and the 3 people i know on here) came up in super poor major metropolitan city neighborhoods-and white,black,mexicans and spanish people were called 'niggas' completely in a a non-slang-non-friendly connotation by the upper and middle predominantly-white classes?

do u think,that this term being used has something to do with the fact that its used so freely? or could it be that its said 300 times in 90% of each rap song,which is what people 15-30 buy and download most regularly,its said on the radio in a comedic and friendly manner on tv in a comedic friendly manner,and magazines,show flyers etc etc-

what do u think?

are u looking to point a finger on the widespread use of this word?

whats your bottom line?

whats your point?

if moon stars fly til dawn do i drown?

write me a up a up a sonnet thesis magnolia porto quorto

limited edition pamphlet featuring fooked snize. snotty remarks.

fat girls with stretch marks.

don quixote

he lives in my semen.

yurkievich gaspard sacrificed three nuns in his snuff video just so he could make the headlines,.

it turns out his wife actually doublled the press releases by donating her embryos to be submerged in a pool of saliva with ape sperm. it is unkown whether the saliva is that of a man or of a monkey as the funding is low on the project.

donate three times the amount that you make.

create credit card debt due to generous charity donations.

buy clean plastic from goodwill retailers

wrap around bed frame, and you have a world class arena for performing nuances with dried up actors of fake snuff films.

speak in monotone with sudden pauses to create a genius holier than thou effect on your listener.

pathishsa;dlhf

pathos

• 3 years later...