Denim in Singapore

tweeds

yeah scapegoat, from frontal. same nick.

I'm out of there already after I managed to sell my shit there. That "100 posts before you can sell" rule is sucha dick. If not, I won't even bother posting there. Nothing there interests me cept for some of the denim threads and yea it was heavily flooded with snobs and show-offs. TOTAL TURN OFF!!

zephyr, if you want imperials hit up damienos who owns The Lawn boutique (check the first post of this thread for details)

lek - what jeans are you working on now? have you got anything you want to get rid of...you know where to look ;)

seatiger yes they do, priced at 299, but i'm not sure.

honestly i don't care if the beasts hit skull jeans because unlike cheap monday, skulls look like they're worth the price, and the denim is going to be better than the crap on CM. as mentioned just because QC stocks the brand doesn't mean they're going to take off like mad - even if they sold their stock of canes, that would be only around 30 pairs sold because their stock is very small. few beasts are going to be paying 300$ for something that's unwashed and more or less raw anyway. quite a different thing from 120$ mondays.

haha, finally back here. went ann siang rd a couple of days ago.

nordic carrys new nudie clothing. i tried those stretch tight long john. prefer thin finns though.

front row doesn't carry raw new cures :s

saw some uncle at chinatown wearing samurais. i saw the tag as he tucked his shirt in. however, his honeycombs looks fake. very curvy. was style checking him. haha

so QC might bring in skulls? the hype starts if they were to bring in skulls.

su8m3rg3d: no longer wandering in frontal? i still cant clear my stuff though. argh

I'm out of there already after I managed to sell my shit there. That "100 posts before you can sell" rule is sucha dick. If not, I won't even bother posting there. Nothing there interests me cept for some of the denim threads and yea it was heavily flooded with snobs and show-offs. TOTAL TURN OFF!!

am i one of them. ha.

anyway, another question regarding denim. anyone been to vivocity's Tangs yet?

they say there's some good denim brands over there. any idea?

am i one of them. ha.

I remember seeing Cheap Monday, Edwins and some other brands I can't remember. I would seriously visit the place more often if it's not situated in harbourfront. I hate taking the NE line for some reason. (Extra costs)

TIP, been working on Samurai S0110XJ at the moment in rotation with an RRL. But you know I can only wear jeans on weekend, so process is s...l...o...o...o...w... :(

But I try to wear the S0110XJ whenever I can, wearing them for 4D3N all the way in Hong Kong last week end. TIP, have you seen and feel the PBJs personally? Man, I can't say enough how fucking nice they are. The girl (and a pretty cute one) at Take5 was showing them to me, and I must say the textures are (XX-002 & Ai-001) unlike any other ones in the shop. She said they're better than the Sorahiko, and having a pair of 45rpm myself, I totally agree! :)

Breaking the bank soon .......

no i haven't, but it's something i want to do. AI-001 might be a bit much just the XX line is good enough...although sugar cane jeans are already too scratchy for my liking.

i think the sorahikos are more a "luxury" jean...softer than the PBJs, which are meant to be madness.

i would like to see one though! maybe someday i will go to japan.

you should run a buying service for the singaporeans since you head to tokyo and HK so often (it seems), it would be great if i could get my hands on some japanese denim without the shipping costs... :)

am i one of them. ha.

I think its mentioned here they got their stocks from other importers like Actually and they did not import the brands themselves or got some exclusive deals.

So you are better off visiting places like Actually and even Haji Lane where some new shops have sprouted up.

I think its mentioned here they got their stocks from other importers like Actually and they did not import the brands themselves or got some exclusive deals.

So you are better off visiting places like Actually and even Haji Lane where some new shops have sprouted up.

will do that soon after my exams. thanks :)

Anyway. any singaporeans here interested in julian red hobokens no wash?

yeah TIP, the XX-003 are more than cool for us. And price very reasonably too!

No, last weekend was actually my first visit to Hong Kong. My sister flies to Tokyo-Narita very often but I haven't step foot in Japan .... :( And yeah, Japan will be my top must-go destination in 2007! :)

just went down to QC today, spoke to a girl there - she says there are some japanese jeans coming in maybe early december or so, but she's not sure what brand they are. but they might be skulls. either way, keep your eyes open and if in doubt just give the place a call before you head down.

update: shinichi from fabfour/skull jeans has confirmed that there will be a stockist for their stuff in singapore in the near future. since we also have the QC rumour floating about, i think we can put two and two together...

we should hold a superfuture meeting at the store. ;)

update: shinichi from fabfour/skull jeans has confirmed that there will be a stockist for their stuff in singapore in the near future. since we also have the QC rumour floating about, i think we can put two and two together...

we should hold a superfuture meeting at the store. ;)

Queueing up for Japanese denim is the new queueing up for Dunks.

zephyr, if you want imperials hit up damienos who owns The Lawn boutique (check the first post of this thread for details)

thanx, grabbed a pair of dukes already, feels a really solid make....

2 days in n see some details forming, (job hazard)...

just hoping that they stretch out enuff...

it's seriosuly killin me now....

can't even sit properly....

:o :o :o