Denim in Singapore

tweeds

Not denim related, but a heads up for those who might be interested to stock up on underwear. Calvin Klein underwear (both the basic Body and Pima range only, it seems) were at 50% when I was in Tangs VivoCity.

As CK underwear is a controlled price item, I'm guessing this applies at all major retailers. Time to grab now - note that when departmental stores have 20% storewide sales, CK is always sold at nett. Good denim deserves good underwear.

When I asked about the new Steel range, the sales guy drew a blank. :confused:

So how much are they at 50% off?

sorry, but i've got to agree with plongin. your use of the english language as quoted by plongin was quite horrendous. it irks me when someone cant even get his/her grammer right. good job plongin!

yeah? as i said before english is not my main language, hell its not even my second or third language.

it seems that i do misunderstand plongin message earlier due to internet's lack of ability to show expression.

but it looks like it is clear that you're trying to insult my inability to communicate in english properly by your choice of words.

i'm not anti-criticism or anything but i think you should keep your irks to yourself as not to offend anyone in this board that is challenged by the language barrier.

i'm not trying to start a drama here, again i'm just defending myself in this harsh world, cheers :D

Body range hip brief $12.50

Pima cotton brief $17.50

Hmm. I wonder whether Calvin at that price is worth it. Its still made in China or Asia stuff right?

Anyway you cant blame the sales people for not having a clue. Many are just students on holidays and they are only good for looking for sizes. Anything more complicated and they will look for their supervisor who probably thinks Steel range means you want to steal some Calvins.:D

Hmm. I wonder whether Calvin at that price is worth it. Its still made in China or Asia stuff right?

Anyway you cant blame the sales people for not having a clue. Many are just students on holidays and they are only good for looking for sizes. Anything more complicated and they will look for their supervisor who probably thinks Steel range means you want to steal some Calvins.:D

I'm in Singapore to continue my study so i'm not a Singaporean :(

My nationality is Indonesian so that should be my first language, and Indonesia last time i remember don't have any second or third language :D

Since i'm a Chinese so i guess my closest second language is Mandarin, which i don't know a shit how to speak in it :D

I agree with your opinion on sales people, most of them are part-timers and most of the time the company won't be bothered to give them full training. Since that you are on superfuture, chances that you will know a lot more than the sales person :D

As for whether the calvin klein worth the money or not, i say they still make great long lasting product. The fact that they're producing their products in China doesn't means that their product is not good anymore. All sane company will have a quality control of some sort if they ever want to keep their business for another 5 years :D

Those in the laurel store at Ann Siang should be made in England if I'm not wrong as they go by measurements and not size, and thus of much better cut and quality.

Is this true? are the polos at Ann siang all Made in england?

True that, maybe they just went all out to commercialize or something; lower all round quality and whack products are definite drawbacks from commercializing and expanding...

But I never had hope that Bread and Butter would sell good stuff though, tangs always seems to cater more to the luxury cats: true religion, fred perry, ed hardy etc.

Yeah. And don't forget G-Star. No offence to G-Star fans, but personally, I'm not feeling them. Never did.

But good point on Tangs targeting a different consumer segment though. You're probably right. Departmental stores really don't give a hoot about denimhead fashion victims like us.

Yeah. And don't forget G-Star. No offence to G-Star fans, but personally, I'm not feeling them. Never did.

But good point on Tangs targeting a different consumer segment though. You're probably right. Departmental stores really don't give a hoot about denimhead fashion victims like us.

I like the G-Star-Newson collabs. Nice stuff but a bit costly.

no way!!!! :eek:

limited???

where to cop?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly.

Not that You and I give a shit but You and I both know that that's how it goes down here; Hypebeastin and what not...

Yeah we stock some Swear styles in store but we're not good with advice on stacking and stuff. I just put em on my feet and let rip.

swear is everywhere

i heard

My thoughts exactly.

Not that You and I give a shit but You and I both know that that's how it goes down here; Hypebeastin and what not...

Yeah we stock some Swear styles in store but we're not good with advice on stacking and stuff. I just put em on my feet and let rip.

a little detail on pricings?

You could try the frontallabs forum. (snigger snigger) But no point paying inflated hypebeast reseller rates for Hare, I say.

With regard to Swear shoes, doesn't Tangs stock some?

Alright, thanks ! Heh first time I actually got an answer in this thread.