Neighborhood suits...you're kidding me

peteyross

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fade to Black
I would never buy a suit from just seeing it laying on the floor like that.

unless it was on eBay and it said "Jil Sander" on it. :)

eh Jil's suits as of late ain't alll that....

speakin of Jil and synthetic suits, what do you guys think of this idea: Raf came up with a fully polyester suit this winter season...but he fucked around with the weave to make it look like a heavy wool suit. It's about $1,900...do you think this is justified? Despite how creative he may be with the fabrics, at the end of the day i'm sticking with classic suiting material...in my eyes stuff like that doesn't strike me as very classic/timeless.

speakin of Jil and synthetic suits, what do you guys think of this idea: Raf came up with a fully polyester suit this winter season...but he fucked around with the weave to make it look like a heavy wool suit. It's about $1,900...do you think this is justified?

The polyester will make you sweat like a pig, and worse, if it catches fire.

eh Jil's suits as of late ain't alll that....

speakin of Jil and synthetic suits, what do you guys think of this idea: Raf came up with a fully polyester suit this winter season...but he fucked around with the weave to make it look like a heavy wool suit. It's about $1,900...do you think this is justified? Despite how creative he may be with the fabrics, at the end of the day i'm sticking with classic suiting material...in my eyes stuff like that doesn't strike me as very classic/timeless.

I don't care if Jesus made a polyester suit with his bare hands, I'm not paying 800+ or 1900+ for something uncomfortable. I have to wear a full suit 12+ hours a day, five days a week for my work. The suit I wear better be comfortable and better be quality. When you buy a suit, you buy an investment in yourself. And better believe its gonna fit better than an "M" size. Even if Jil Sander/Raf Simons/(inside niche label designer to look cool) made a S/M/L suit, I wouldn't even consider it.

I don't care if Jesus made a polyester suit with his bare hands, I'm not paying 800+ or 1900+ for something uncomfortable. I have to wear a full suit 12+ hours a day, five days a week for my work. The suit I wear better be comfortable and better be quality. When you buy a suit, you buy an investment in yourself. And better believe its gonna fit better than an "M" size. Even if Jil Sander/Raf Simons/(inside niche label designer to look cool) made a S/M/L suit, I wouldn't even consider it.

same rational with jeans that are s/m/l. whats the point?

same rational with jeans that are s/m/l. whats the point?

Your point is a good one but hardly comparable to a suit. Streetwear style jeans require a less precise fit than a suit. In fact, one could argue that the desired look of streetwear styled jeans is too NOT fit "properly". I don't think anyone would argue for a suit that was purposely ill fitting/oversized.