which jeans to take to tokyo, okinawa, and thailand?

mizanation

hey guys,

wanted to know your opinion on which jeans to take with me on a trip to tokyo, okinawa and thailand. i am going to only bring one or two pairs cuz i want to travel light.

here are the candidates:

sugarcane 1947

pure blue japan xx-005

warehouse duckdiggers 1930

samurai S5000BK

i'm thinking the duckdiggers because they are cool-enough-looking to wear to the club but durable enough to make it through hikes in the thailand countryside.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys,

wanted to know your opinion on which jeans to take with me on a trip to tokyo, okinawa and thailand. i am going to only bring one or two pairs cuz i want to travel light.

here are the candidates:

sugarcane 1947

pure blue japan xx-005

warehouse duckdiggers 1930

samurai S5000BK

i'm thinking the duckdiggers because they are cool-enough-looking to wear to the club but durable enough to make it through hikes in the thailand countryside.

take 1 pair.

take your samurai blacks as i doubt they will get the wear they will get traveling anywhere else. Either that or the pure blues. TAKE ONLY 1 PAIR THOUGH MIZ. I took my Rescues on my trip and was considering taking 2 pairs, but realized how ridiulous that was, i like to travel light...got some decent wear on them as well.

hey miz, I cant remember if it was you or someone else who said they wanted to keep the pbj's as smart jeans, anyhow it has been said. Nice collection by the way! My vote goes to the sammies, tough, black so will look smart and it would be cool to see some wear on em!

Dunno how your sammies fit but if your walking you might want a loose cut jean? Certainly not too tight.

miz u know u gotta bring the pure blues! u know how much u like them... have u seen gordon's oni's lately..... ? they're gonna fade just like them probably.

& in terms of the bk's you probably won't even dent those babies.... in terms of wear. I'd bring one of the other two? but good point if you want a dressy look with the bk's? hmm...

wow, thanks everyone for the great responses. i knew i could count on you guys.

poly, you're right. one pair only--OR, i could take a pair for tokyo, a pair for thailand and a pair for okinawa....

cmf--i'm gonna choose the ducks over the pbj's because they have similar denim and i like the details more on ducks.

viv, my black sammies are probably the loosest fitting jeans i have cuz i sized up to 32. might be most comfortable and black is good all-around. also, i haven't worn them at all yet (haven't even soaked them yet). so i feel like this trip could be an initiation for them.

emaze, the choice is not so simple!

hey does anyone also have any suggestions for shoes? i'm gonna be walking, A LOT--a majority of the time in sub-tropical climates. one of my friends suggested those rubbber shoes with the holes in them, but i think they look horrible.

i love my chuck taylors, but they have such a thin sole, they don't provide much cushioning.

anything comfortable and stylish too?

if you have hiking boots take them. Surely your cordovans would be the best bet, IF you've broken them in that is... If your doing a lot of walking id sway toward a shoe or boot over a trainer ( as comfy as they may be, most trainers are crap after 5miles ).

haha, but if your cordovans are brown (?) and your wearing you black sammies....

not gonna take my cordos, though it's tempting.

thinking about getting a pair of alden indy boots. if they are good enough for indy to kick-ass in the jungle with, i'm sure they'll be fine in the thai countryside.

crocs. that's what i was referring too. the bright plastic shoes with holes in them. supposedly they are incredibly comfortable and resist odor.

yeah, if i take my black sammy's, i would need black shoes, right? the alden indy's look better with indigo....

Miz, definitly the BK's. They are tough as hell to wear out, for the hikes, but also being black, perfect for the club. Have a good trip.

thats why i suggested the blacks, if you plan on going on treks and shit, thats the only place you'll get some serious wear on them, you ain't going to see that wear in NYC! where you going in Thailand in particular? If you plan on going north, as stupid as it sounds, the only fun thing me and my buddy did up north was travel to the golden triangle. It was so much fun, and you get to go to Laos/Burma/Thailand all in one day. And check the weekend market for the thai fakes. Bargin man, $5 raw thai fakes galore are to be had...

the weather should be cooling off this time of year....so i don't think weight of denim will be an issue...I could be wrong though.

Guest Fade to Black
My biased vote is for the PBJ's

heh, my biased vote is for bringing whatever and copping the Sorahikos...

honestly i couldn't help you on the original question, I've never even seen any of those other jeans in person...