which jeans to take to tokyo, okinawa, and thailand?

mizanation

my wife and i met up with the infamous chicken yesterday. ironically, although we both live in new york, we never had time to hang out. we started out by eating some AWESOME kaiten sushi in ueno. then we checked out some jeans at americaya and hinoya. next, redmoon wallets. lots of nice stuff. then, the drinking ensued. happy hour at an english pub where we downed pints of kirin. then, we went to my wife's friend's bar "what's up" in roppongi (highly recommended for those who love american soul music). there the real drinking went down. we cracked open a bottle of okinawan awamori and went to work. while listening to 70's japanese funk GENIUS yamashita tatsuro (who i had never heard of before) and a video of the great funk group chic, we finished the bottle and started on another one.

then, we staggered to the best spicy tan-tan-mein this side of the great wall.

chicken graciously offered to let us crash at his parent's grand chicken coop, where we slept like babies and met mama and papa chicken.

all-in-all a great night. now, we're off to have some nice ramen.... more to come.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife and i met up with the infamous chicken yesterday. ironically, although we both live in new york, we never had time to hang out. we started out by eating some AWESOME kaiten sushi in ueno. then we checked out some jeans at americaya and hinoya. next, redmoon wallets. lots of nice stuff. then, the drinking ensued. happy hour at an english pub where we downed pints of kirin. then, we went to my wife's friend's bar "what's up" in roppongi (highly recommended for those who love american soul music). there the real drinking went down. we cracked open a bottle of okinawan awamori and went to work. while listening to 70's japanese funk GENIUS yamashita tatsuro (who i had never heard of before) and a video of the great funk group chic, we finished the bottle and started on another one.

then, we staggered to the best spicy tan-tan-mein this side of the great wall.

chicken graciously offered to let us crash at his parent's grand chicken coop, where we slept like babies and met mama and papa chicken.

all-in-all a great night. now, we're off to have some nice ramen.... more to come.

oh fuck 担担面!

i need to go back to szechuan.

oops. just noticed miz posted under my username because he was using my sister's dell. :P

the previous chicken post, brought to you by:

mizanation

and

number 3

coldrice, i think miz is now committed to buy some of music we were listening to last night. you might be able to dig some up from him. i have some of tats yamashita's later stuff, which is less funky and more pop. some are even gospelish. the man goes all over the place.

dj -- i don't see a pm, yet. miz is already running around town doing more drinking. i'm off soon too to drink with some of my old high school buds. but there's a good chance we're all going back to "what's up" later on.

good times!

i'm about to get on a plane in a couple hours and i should be packing instead of typing.

chicken, i left a few messages on your cell, couldn't get through to ya, but i'm sure you didn't need me to show you where to get drunk. last night, i met a bunch of my wife's old tokyo friends. drank an obscene amount of nama kirin. again, tonkotsu ramen at 5 in the morning.

i've been partying non-stop for the past few days, crashing at different people's houses. it's been fun. djrajio, 2000db, too bad we couldn't meet up. maybe we will in nyc.

can't believe my vacation is over, but i'm ready to return to normal life. when i get back to nyc, i'll post pics. after a nap.

got one of your messages miz, but you're probably on the plane already. i still don't know exactly how to use the phone i'm borrowing.

funny, i actually stopped by what's up again for few drinks. that man katsumi (the bar owner) knows some serious funk. learned a lot just sitting there and listening to the stuff he played.

see you back in the apple.

i'm about to get on a plane in a couple hours and i should be packing instead of typing.

can't believe my vacation is over, but i'm ready to return to normal life. when i get back to nyc, i'll post pics. after a nap.

don't front.

you will miss tokyo, your friends, your pork and your beer.

can't wait to see your pics.

kyosukete nee!