Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

What in God's name?

EXACT copies ( I know Visvim likes to redefine shoes, but jesus christ):

- Nike silver Vandals = Skynyrd Mocs

- Black Polkes with Adidas stripes and gold Adidas-like 'Polke' lettering?

Goddamn those look horrible. Come on Hiroki........

40ov4o9

2a0gllu.jpg

43f4v8w.jpg

483se4i.jpg

He really must think that all Americans are goddamn tasteless.......

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

callmecarlito... What size are you? Some people I know who are a size 12 were able to fit into the older versions of the FBT's in a size 11. I don't know if they changed the fit for the G.Line though.

For the most part I'm a 13, sometimes 12. With the elk fbt's the size 12's seems to fit a little loose, but I feel like it may be the material that makes it feel that way. I doubt I'd be able to get into 11's, but maybe I'll make a trip to Union and try on the neons.

they should just keep making simple black, sand, and brown fbt's..

I honestly think they should. xcrosses fingersx

Aside from the shakers and the undftd's, I've always liked them plain and simple

cant believe my eyes seein those skynrds and polkes ^^^

on a brighter note, the visvim x cdg collab @ dsm & FIL april 13th

P1013899low%20-thumb.jpg

pic from HK's honeyee blog

This is horrible too. Looks like something Amjacks wear untucked out to nightclubs with square-toe Kenneth Coles and distressed bootcut jeans.

Sorry to be bringing this thread back up to the front page - it doesn't deserve it. I just had to get this off of my chest. What Visvim is doing in the US goes well against all the principles of creating a sound corporate image. For years they have been building this rather intellectual brand ("artisans of the F.I.L", etc. etc.) and it has worked out. By entering the US market with this new G Line it seems as if they have thrown everything overboard and started a 'new' Visvim alltogether. Now we have a company with two identities. One is the Japanese (and rest of the world) - smart, intelectual as said, and then the US - childish/silly, immature... On the one hand you have Dover Street Market - on the other HUF.

Why does Visvim try to be two things when it was getting good at one? Are they trying to adapt to the LA-trash culture that they are in close proximity now? Do we have to fear collaborations with the whole lot of the new all-over tee/zip-hoodie brands?

I don't even want to get into pricing. But selling the same shoes in the US at almost half the price than what they are in Europe/UK is hard to explain - other than that Visvim is subsidizing in the US?

exactly olli twist.

it sounds like evisu all over again with their western line, and we all know the outcome of it...

Yea... cash, and lots of it. As much as we hate this, theres some kid in a ubiquitous american suburban town decked out in BAPE, sitting on the hood of his EK Civic, wetting himself over this. And thats where the money is at.

Its very rare that you see someone with the standard Sufu fit decked out in Visvim (rirawin excluded). It seems like the hypebeasties are more into this stuff, so thats who hes catering to.

His main market is changing, and hes changing with it. I see nothing wrong with it, and as long as he keeps the quality high, and keeps some plain stuff that will appeal to me, I see nothing wrong with it.

And aside from the ugly colorways, I think his products are pretty lowkey anyway. Its not like he has VISVIM and FIL plastered across the chests of his all over hoodies, giving the brand a bad name.

I say go for it Hiroki! America needs it...

Its very rare that you see someone with the standard Sufu fit decked out in Visvim (rirawin excluded). It seems like the hypebeasties are more into this stuff, so thats who hes catering to.

I'd say that's pretty innacurate. Visvim is very popular here.

I'd say that's pretty innacurate. Visvim is very popular here.

"here", is an internet forum of like-minded individuals scattered across the world. Theres probably like, what, 50 people on the forums who own a pair of Visvims? The only Visvims ive ever seen out on the street have belonged to guys wearing massive hoodies and jeans with fitted caps.

Now I dont know about you guys, but I would rather see Visvim produce "non-sufu" clothes than go out of business. Theyve done something that very little others have done and where Hiroki takes his business is his... business.

As for those all over print hoodies, I was talkin about the BAPE hoodies with the massive font unashamedly printed on the front.

I got the Corsica jacket today. Yey! I've been looking forward to getting it for four months, and now that I actually got to take a look at it up-close, it completely exceeds my expectations. Here are some details for you:

img3086aq6.jpg

img3087hv9.jpg

img3088gh2.jpg

img3089io3.jpg

img3090oa6.jpg

img3091rb4.jpg

img3093nk9.jpg