Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway gravis has been on the downhill slide for ... three or four years now? their last nice idea was the yachtmaster, which looked terrible on the feet, and maybe the carlton, which they keep turning out in ever more terrible materials (wool? yow)

they used to make such clean + gorgeous shoes ... that old wallaby-type thing (the lokash), the dunbar, the 1st kingpin w/ the mesh panel on the side (before they turned it into some wack budget b-grade gola-esque monstrosity), the comet was a very serviceable skate shoe / dunk hybrid, etc etc

what happened dudes? it seems like most skate stores have dropped gravis in the last few years, i wonder how much longer burton will keep paying for it.

anyway strange to think hiroki is pulling ideas from gravis though maybe there's a third coordinate i'm not aware of that they're both drawing on.

gravis' last winter season was all native-american inspired (http://www.fixins.com/blogtest/GVS-HOLIDAY-3.jpg) so obviously they're keeping an eye on visvim idea-wise, but sadly, execution-wise this effort was just very very bad.

burton owns gravis, but it's not the same company

not everybody who works for burton designs shoes for gravis

visvim / hiroki designs a lot more than just shoes

if you are so smart ... hmm forget it

It is the same company. Gravis is just another brand name made by Burton.

Hiroki only did shoes at visvim for 5 years. Why do you think he designed clothes at Burton? Anyways, he didnt. It says in Honeyee mag he used to work for Gravis, the shoe arm of Burton, which makes total sense.

Yeah sure, I`m the dumb one..get fucken knowledge and listen to what ppl who know are telling you, you dumbass kid.

so maybe somebody could drop some military grade knowledge and let me know what shoes he designed for gravis japan? i didn't realize there were any japan exclusive gravis shoes other than the rival (mega ugly moonboot) but then again i'm not super super up on gravis company history. maybe the tarmac or lowdown? those are pretty clean ...

no idea what shoes he worked on at Gravis or if he designed anything from the ground up..? yeah I agree that tarmac is the only shoe that I think looks half okay but even when Hiroshi (who I think usually has mad taste) was repping gravis hard I stayed away completely.

It is the same company. Gravis is just another brand name made by Burton.

Hiroki only did shoes at visvim for 5 years. Why do you think he designed clothes at Burton? Anyways, he didnt. It says in Honeyee mag he used to work for Gravis, the shoe arm of Burton, which makes total sense.

Yeah sure, I`m the dumb one..get fucken knowledge and listen to what ppl who know are telling you, you dumbass kid.

Just relax dude, is just a public forum over some clothing info. Sounded like he offended your life or something?! Swearing around, just make you look like a moron....:P