Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

quick question about kiefers, if I usually wear size 9 for air force 1, size 8.5/9 for jack purcells, which size should I be looking for kiefers? I understand they do not make 8.5 so it's probably 8 or 9 for me?

closer to 8 than 9. the size difference between the 8 and 9 is quite large

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they look exactly like Dickies, but they look like they may be 100% cotton, which would be rad. I've never checked visvim clothing, but i'm guessing it's more on the plain-but-with-attention-to-detail tip...a philosophy i much prefer to 'leather tassles and cowhide,' come on doc!! ;)

Yeah, sorry I left out the sarcasm meter for the cowhide comment, but honestly I would apprecaite a little more ingenuity from a brand like Visvim.

Although, I did just pick up a pair of 100% cotton chinos from Uniqlo that are ridiq quality and attention to detail, i.e. donut button, universal zip, herringbone lined pockets, heavy, sun dried fabric, fit perfect, etc. for $40. You would appreciate them for sure, R&S. These are on some Supreme, maybe better, level shit.

Maybe these Vis drawrs are on some minimalist/over-designed shit, but I'll still be flossin' in my $40 Uniqlo Vinate Chinos, and these will probably run over 3 bills.

They are. I'm so stoked I was going to start a thread about them - but I might just throw some detailed pics up in recent purchases. They are also the reason I even bothered to comment on these Visvim chinos.

Hows the fit on them compared to dickies? And what colors they come in? I might have to stop by. Matter fact, fuck it...just get on it with the recent purchases flickery.

Sidenote for the D.O.C.: I'm bout to measure the feet for my Long-time-coming Russell Mocs order. Gonna have to settle in for a 2-month wait!

I'll get pics up tonight, I don't have the equipment right now.

[RBW, you will not be dissapointed. Think about your favorite pair of shoes that you've ever owned. Now multiply that by how good it feels when everyone sweats your shit, or like, when some chick really, really wants to suck you off.

What are you getting?]

how could you compare the fit to dickies? dickies are polyester.

Um, I'm not sure what the material really has to do with the fit.

But the Uniqlo Vintage Chinos are slimmer than Dickies, and they're straight all the way down. Alright, that's it, more on those later in a different thread.

how could you compare the fit to dickies? dickies are polyester.

No need to be obnoxious. The conversation was about Visvim, Dickies, and Uniqlo. If you don't have anything to contribute, don't speak. Simple as that.

I'll get pics up tonight, I don't have the equipment right now.

[RBW, you will not be dissapointed. Think about your favorite pair of shoes that you've ever owned. Now multiply that by how good it feels when everyone sweats your shit, or like, when some chick really, really wants to suck you off.

What are you getting?]

These badman Chukka Moc's right here:

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/boots_stalkingtracking/laramie_oneida_tracker.html

No need to be obnoxious. The conversation was about Visvim, Dickies, and Uniqlo. If you don't have anything to contribute, don't speak. Simple as that.

it makes A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

polyester pants are *extremely* stiff - 100% cotton visvims could be cut *identically* to dickies and yet they'd drape very differently because they are made of cotton and not polyester. they would look like completely different pants.

i suppose the question maybe was meant to be "how much do they look like dickies" and i'd wager the answer would be "not very much at all", no matter what the cut was, because the choice of material is basically what makes dickies + ben davis pants look so different from carhartts (all three are cut the same, but dickies + ben davis look like workwear, while carhartts look like twill dockers w/ jean detailing)

bagjacks look like shit compared to that visvim thats so elegant and simple. only courier I`d ever go near.

It is not a courier bag. It's a bag that looks like one/pretends to be one but is far from the real-deal. Bagjack looks rougher - maybe not as stylish - because it doesn't pretend to be something else, other than a bag for bike messengers. Just look at the straps of that Visvim in the picture - looks like they'll rip off right away. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a little note telling people not to use the bag when riding a bike ;).

In order to save this super-garbage thread, let me contribute something useful:

Comme des garcon shirt x visvim collabo release date, which was initially planned for this saturday, has been delayed.

They will be available at both FIL and Dover Street Market Tokyo.