Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did mention your name btw. That's why I sort of figured they asked for your permission.

Guess not....

since apparently they're doing this without permission of the owner, I'd e-mail them. and from now on every pic I post in this thread gets an ass sized watermark. using information is ok but stealing pictures without permissions is not.

I bet hypebeast will steal that pic shamelssly.

and there they go again..

I don't really see the problem with stuff getting posted on hypebeast/highsnobiety/slamxhype or any blog for that matter. they properly gave credit in the info/images at the bottom and never claimed it was their own information. when you write a report for school do you contact the author of every one of your sources for permission to use their info? if you don't want a picture being posted anywhere then don't share it. i'm greatful you posted the picture cause otherwise how would anybody else get a look at this since unlike most things these days it hit print before the internet.

That Sophnet pack is old news, they did the same exact thing with the Cordu 22, but made it worse because they used the old, flatter, shitter straps that were replaced with much fatter, comfier straps.

I can't believe they've done the exact same thing, just on this bag. Whats worse is that elk leather base in white is the idea of a retard, one guy was selling his cordu with denim bleed all over it.

Sometimes designers are really clueless.

I don't really see the problem with stuff getting posted on hypebeast/highsnobiety/slamxhype or any blog for that matter. they properly gave credit in the info/images at the bottom and never claimed it was their own information. when you write a report for school do you contact the author of every one of your sources for permission to use their info? if you don't want a picture being posted anywhere then don't share it. i'm greatful you posted the picture cause otherwise how would anybody else get a look at this since unlike most things these days it hit print before the internet.

when you write a report you're (hopefully) quoting information. the pictures Louche posted were his personal pics, taken by him of himself, I think that makes it slightly different. this is of course just my opinion and I cant speak for him, but if it was my picture I wouldn't like to see it elsewhere where I didn't intend it to be.

what goes for sharing information or pictures, my personal opinion is that I'm happy with sharing new stuff in superfuture, but its not my interest to contribute to sites such as hypebeast. if you have information you want to share with everyone you're free to do so, thats just not my personal interest as I'm not that keen on these hype blogs :)

quick question: Im size 9 in for Nike SB, so should i size up or stay for the visvim FBT Shaman?

cheers

depends.i wear size 10 in Dunk SB, i wear size 10 in VISVIM too..

is because i have a larger right foot. so..

but for kiefer i will sure run down half to 1 size down,

depends. try on them...if u can't. i guess just go half size down would be good

when you write a report you're (hopefully) quoting information. the pictures Louche posted were his personal pics, taken by him of himself, I think that makes it slightly different. this is of course just my opinion and I cant speak for him, but if it was my picture I wouldn't like to see it elsewhere where I didn't intend it to be.

But lest we not forget.... at the end of the day, he took a picture from a magazine you most likely had to buy.

As it is not possible to identify me from the pics, I don't really mind hypeish sites using them. I've had a lot of enjoyment coming across products at these kind of sites in the last few years, and I don't really see why one should be so negative towards these sites. They probably do accelerate the hype of some of the brands that people love on this forum, but that's fashion... And when these brands blow up, people here will have moved on to something newer and "better" already.

But lest we not forget.... at the end of the day, he took a picture from a magazine you most likely had to buy.

please check what were talking about here, as I said, it was a picture of himself.

As it is not possible to identify me from the pics, I don't really mind hypeish sites using them. I've had a lot of enjoyment coming across products at these kind of sites in the last few years, and I don't really see why one should be so negative towards these sites. They probably do accelerate the hype of some of the brands that people love on this forum, but that's fashion... And when these brands blow up, people here will have moved on to something newer and "better" already.

sorry Louche didnt mean to speak for you with what I said. if your ok with it then no harm done of course, but for a popular site like hypebeast, I think it would be a good habit to ask picture owners before using them instead of just picking up material.

and to get a bit back on topic, heres the e-cat bag colorways for those interested, cant remember if they've all been posted before.

visvim01.jpg

and also a better pic of the new 2-clip model, which is their "bicycle" shoe. made of suede with reflective laminate under the perforated leather.

visvim02.jpg

please check what were talking about here, as I said, it was a picture of himself.

yeh my apologies i skimmed through it quite quickly and thought we were talking about herpsky's post

those shoes are hideous but it seems as though HF has taken a liking to perforated 3M cause he did that with his upcoming AF1's.

those pics above have been posted before.

i will pwn you with the pic below (im feeling extremely nice today

Sophnet x visvim (available at Soph for some asswhopping 36,450 YEN

The one on the left is pure sex and you know it.

FYI, the one on the right has black polka dots.

kicks.jpg

herpsky you got quoted on hypebeast.

http://www.hypebeast.com/2007/04/visvim-x-sophnet-ballistic-k-pack/

How is that his personal pic? From what I can see it's from a magazine. Did herpsky ask the magazine publisher for permission to post that image in this thread? Hypebeast did nothing wrong, they 'shamelessly' gave him credit for it.. though realistically who they should be crediting is the magazine it was published in - which herpsky shamelessly failed to do.

Err. didn't realize the controversy was over Louche. But yeah. I figure if an image is posted on a public internet forum, it's fair game to be reproduced, especially when credit is given to the original 'writer.' Much akin to a school report as a previous poster implied.

But yeah. I figure if an image is posted on a public internet forum, it's fair game to be reproduced

word to this

once you post something on the internet, it's fair game...if you don't want it copied or linked, don't post it at all. can't believe people are getting twisted over sites or blogs linking to their pics. BIG DEAL.

Err. didn't realize the controversy was over Louche. But yeah. I figure if an image is posted on a public internet forum, it's fair game to be reproduced, especially when credit is given to the original 'writer.' Much akin to a school report as a previous poster implied.

theres no controversy, I just stated my opinion about it. Louche said he was ok with it, so no big deal. apparently I should've added 25 smilies to signify that I'm not calling the superattorneys yet. and are you serious? if you post a photo online, NO, its not fair game to reproduce it. google copyright laws or something. how much those are applied is a different thing, of course, but you're WAY off saying using copyright material is "fair game". completely different legislation applies to quoting original text.

word to this

once you post something on the internet, it's fair game...if you don't want it copied or linked, don't post it at all. can't believe people are getting twisted over sites or blogs linking to their pics. BIG DEAL.

as I said, thats just how I personally feel. if I posted a picture of myself on superfuture, I wouldn't like to find it on some blog website. if you post a picture in the waywt thread for example, and if you think its ok for someone to copy that image and plaster it around in blogs and message boards then so be it. I was merely stating my opinion.

sorry Louche didnt mean to speak for you with what I said. if your ok with it then no harm done of course, but for a popular site like hypebeast, I think it would be a good habit to ask picture owners before using them instead of just picking up material.

Briefly off-topic again; I agree with you that they should ask for permission - if not for any other reason than common courtesy. One day they're going to get themselves in trouble.

I'm sorry if it sounded like I went at you. That was not my intention.

F.I.L Hong Kong (about to drop) ..... near BAPE and CDG

fil-visvim-hong-kong.jpg

going to make it much easier now to hook up !

pic from iori @ SF

I don't think it will be easier exactly... it will be perhaps "cheaper" to acquire some goods but anything hyped up makes me feel as though resellers will basically raise the prices. Dependant on how things are priced we'll see if theres an influx of japanese and HK bought goods that resellers will sell lowering the price a bit.

no mate it is exactly easier !

i have lots of mates who will do hookups anytime in HK whereas only one in Japan where hookups are harder to come by ... therefore easier for pickups init ???

i also don't see a large reselling market anywhere out there for Vis, apart from Yahoo Jp ....

no mate it is exactly easier !

i have lots of mates who will do hookups anytime in HK whereas only one in Japan where hookups are harder to come by ... therefore easier for pickups init ???

i also don't see a large reselling market anywhere out there for Vis, apart from Yahoo Jp ....

There seems to be a pretty big reseller market for Visvim within Hong Kong, maybe more so bags and shoes. I can just see big reseller groups (the same ones who camp out for shoes) to do the same with Visvim. Time will tell I guess.