Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

nice generalisation there ... you know anyone from sydney? or is this a typical melburnian inferiority complex response ?

Yeah I lived in both and I'm from neither, Sydney definitely has way better goods, there's more in the proddy triangle than there is in all of melburn pretty much... But in general the majority of people from Sydney are arrogant fuck-tards, (who also seem to think there is a big rivalry between cities, which I rarely hear about in melbourne)...

It's good that Supply are getting big orders in as well, the stuff there seems to be reasonably priced, for Australian shores also, support them.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will visvim be releasing any tote bags this season? currently tossing up whether to get the ballistic backpack or wait for a tote to come out..

also, with the ballistic backpacks, is there any way i can remove the extra straps on the bottom of the bag? the ones that strap around your belly...

yes, i've removed mine. they're removable.

Yeah I lived in both and I'm from neither, Sydney definitely has way better goods, there's more in the proddy triangle than there is in all of melburn pretty much... But in general the majority of people from Sydney are arrogant fuck-tards, (who also seem to think there is a big rivalry between cities, which I rarely hear about in melbourne)...

It's good that Supply are getting big orders in as well, the stuff there seems to be reasonably priced, for Australian shores also, support them.

i live in both cities and sydney doesn't care about melbourne at all ......

agreed that in general melbourne people are much nicer .....

been hitting supply up for many many years ... josh is a good mate

prices are pretty steep though for retail ..... similar to hideout in the uK

where you living now?

visvim runs close to rakuten/yahoo japan prices, so as far as options go it not bad.

where do you get that from? Supply`s prices on Visvim are higher than Japan retail, same as Hideout. They`re official stockists but have a Sydney monopoly and charge for it. Last time I was there they had the Fluxus denim for around AUD$800 (30K Japan retail?), eiger sanction shorts for around AUD$500 (24K Japan retail?).

Yahoo prices arent relevant since they`re resellers and can charge lower or higher than retail depending on how popular the item is/ how fast they wanna sell it/if its used or new.

Rakuten prices should be official (Chapterworld on Rakuten) so charge the same as FIL Japan retail.

Dont talk out your ass. Think before you post.

I wasn't aware rakuten was purely retail, I thought it included resellers. I meant that it's the same price you would pay to get the stuff sent to you.

The items I've seen there were'nt as expensive as I thought they could charge. Then again some are...

i have no idea why but FIL has a rack of comme des garcon stuff...

and i realized that non-japanese asian tourists in harajuku are rocking the craziest gear

e.g. fenom animal crush denim and mastermind idiom 2.5L

I'm really impressed with latest visvim collaborations. I know a lot of people on this board were very wary of visvim collaborating with other brands, especially after the kaws slip ons. But rather than just print graphics and change colours, they continually come up with fresh / hybrid designs, like the mastermind kiefers, fragment boots and now these!!!

kaws slips are still available.

IMO, those neighborhood shoes look hideous.

Agreed. I don't understand how you guys can be slaming Visvim for their neon FBTS (hahn), when those boots look like 1980s hairband platform shoes. I love both brands, but those shoes just aren't my cup of tea.

EDIT: Why are you guys just learning about those new boots now? I saw them in Boon two weeks ago.

well that's my point. i hardly rock colors at all and i'd rather rock nbhd-ish black/white rockabilly/ biker look than tacky colored stuff. and as i said earlier, the neons have nothing new in them in terms of design vs. older stuff like taa dine or unrivaled or even ancestor. and yea, have you ever tried on their boots and feel how light they are?

i have no idea why but FIL has a rack of comme des garcon stuff...

and i realized that non-japanese asian tourists in harajuku are rocking the craziest gear

e.g. fenom animal crush denim and mastermind idiom 2.5L

read here under coming soon ... probably already released over there;

http://www.doverstreetmarket.com/dsmpaper/

dsm in london are running a concept/project soon with visvim on their main floor.

Did you find DSM unbearably warm inside? Didn't help that an associate kept following us, both upstairs and downstairs. Wife thought that it was to provide instant, impeccable service.

Cool store too, although it was hard to find the entrance.

I was looking for Junya and learned they didn't carry the line in DSM.