Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you would say this. Union LA (Undefeated) was the first Western store to push Visvim. And they've been slingin all the other Japanese brands for years.

i grew up in this neighborhood and have seen it change a lot. no more piles of BAPE at union and so many more stores haha

edit: also union has those christos (i think that's what they're called), the visvim sandals

Anyone else experienced this?

Double tones purchased from Slam Jam.

I've had them for about 6 months now, and have been wearing them 2 to 3 times every week. Regular use (no skateboarding, soccer, I do ride my bike daily but it's not fixed so no cages),

yesterday I was walking around town the whole day and covered quiet some distance, at the end of the day I noticed that the thread broke and it started coming apart quite quick. Something has to be done about it otherwise the whole shoe will come apart.

I could probably repair it myself but am thinking about contacting Visvim about it since this shouldn't happen this quick especially not to shoes this expensive and that are considered to be of very high quality.

1001629gk8.jpg

1001630me2.jpg

Not cool!

Maybe this is heresy, but in my experience, visvims aren't quite as well made as everyone seems to think they are. I've had a number of soles come un-stuck, threads snap, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love them, but sometimes they don't quite live up to their reputation for quality.

i think the only think you can do when your visvim stuff is fucked up is to go back to the shop you bought it from and they might help you out....

in this case: call slam jam ( but i doubt that they'll help)

edit: rirawin brough his damaged vis hoody ( button on the hood were you can make it tighter, came off) back to hideout and they gave him a full refund...

I was at Union this weekend.

They have the nex packs in green and black. $295 a piece

Christos in black and green. Didn't see price cause they were behind the glass.

Alot of W)Taps & NBHD tees.

Also the candles were there too.

Are you talking about those toilet bag looking packs? If not, you are about $100 off on the price (Nez Perce packs were over $350)........

Anyone else experienced this?

Double tones purchased from Slam Jam.

I've had them for about 6 months now, and have been wearing them 2 to 3 times every week. Regular use (no skateboarding, soccer, I do ride my bike daily but it's not fixed so no cages),

yesterday I was walking around town the whole day and covered quiet some distance, at the end of the day I noticed that the thread broke and it started coming apart quite quick. Something has to be done about it otherwise the whole shoe will come apart.

I could probably repair it myself but am thinking about contacting Visvim about it since this shouldn't happen this quick especially not to shoes this expensive and that are considered to be of very high quality.

Not cool!

That sucks. I never wore my FBTs for long so I can't attest to the durability. My other boots (duck boots, Serras), however, looked brand new after 6 months or so of heavy wear. I am really surprised with your pair as the leather is really thick on FBTs and I always thought the stitching would hold up fine as well. hmmmmm..............

Legit check:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Visvim-FBT-ELK-Brown-Size-9-5_W0QQitemZ280137152705QQihZ018QQcategoryZ63850QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wondering if they run true to size, or smaller / bigger? I got Buckminister in 9 and they are narrow as hell, have to wear thin socks. Wondering if these will be similar. Thanks.

i saw this seller and was wondering the same aswell -

FBTs generally big, for example if you are a us10 in nike you'd need a 9.5 or maybe a 9 in Fbts but i don't know about in comparision to other visvim - infact i'm trying to find that out.

I wouldn't buy them. The leather in the first picture looks horrible, plus the guy has sold all kinds of Undercover, Comme Des Garcons, etc. that surely is fake.

i saw this seller and was wondering the same aswell -

FBTs generally big, for example if you are a us10 in nike you'd need a 9.5 or maybe a 9 in Fbts but i don't know about in comparision to other visvim - infact i'm trying to find that out.

Where did you hear this? This is completely wrong, don't confuse people.

I wear an 11 in Nikes and virtually all other sports shoes. I had a pair of the FBT2s that were 11s and they hurt my feet so bad I had to sell them. On the other hand, I had some FBT Shakers that were 11s and fit perfectly. The elk leather FBTs may even be a bit loose because the leather is more susceptible to stretch, but either way, your statement does not apply to all FBTs. You really need to try the shoes on to be sure, and at the very least, get your regular size to be safe. Definitely do not size down an entire size.

Where did you hear this?

it seems(atleast to me) to be the accepted feeling on this board that they run big, my pair certainly do

You really need to try the shoes on to be sure, and at the very least, get your regular size to be safe.

this i would agree with, especially with the potential outlay involved here

damn Cotton... that blow out hurts!!

Like MJ I too have had my FBT's for years... my UNDFTD's from the day they dropped and the Bisons from the month they dropped and they have been all over the place... and they're still holding up real well.

But's it's the 7 holes and nam jams Im' most impressed with. Those things have been a life saver. Often with my work I end up in the rainforest of Central Kalimantan (Borneo) trekking for a few days at a time and those damned boots have been with me through it all. The 7 holes were from the first series and the only thing that's happening is a little blow out on the tongue - nothing structural that will limit the use of the boot... while the namjams are too tough to blow out...

As for the other vis I wear.... I used to rock my MJT's a fair bit but they were just too chunky... just picked up a pair of the logan mids... wow... talk about comfort right out he box. Shit's sexxxual.

can't wait to see what they look like. I'm in a delima on either getting logans or another visvim. I think with the logan you have to rock them a particular way, and I haven't found it out yet, even after various viewings here.