THE GROSSEST FOOD YOU EVER ATE (or couldn't eat)

imaginary rep! (out of rep for the day)

I used to eat sea cucumber with relish, because I thought it was the oceanic version of the vegetable. Plus it was sliced up just like vegetables. Then I watched PBS one day, and they had a documentary on floor-dwelling sea creatures...:eek:

echinoderms4.jpg

65009220_3982dad1cf.jpg

Also, I once ate at the California Pizza Kitchen and found a really coarse and curly pube in my salad. I have not been back since.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or how about those dried dead bees that they use in selected mixtures of chinese herbs when you're sick? Didn't know it was in it the first time I drank the first dose since I just drank what was cooked. Witnessed the people package the "herb mixture" second time around when I was around 7 yrs old. I'm sure it was dead dried bees, asked to double check when I was at the place a few months ago. Scar-ed for life.

Dead_bee__by_kokueisakana.jpg

fish sperm on rice.... how many fish does it take to get a decent-sized load, one that would satisfy the appetite?

now i wonder why, if eating fish eggs is so common, why harvesting fish sperm isn't more prevalent.

what did fish sperm taste like?

it was quite delicious actually, kind of like uni, consistency reminds me of tororo

Fugu is like the Peter North of fish, one little bastard can produce like a quarter cup.

I would eat it again, but 4000yen for donburi is a bit high

the ones i've had aren't anything like jizz spewed all over the place. but they come inside sacks, so they do look like brains if you ever had those. and taste similar too. sweetbreads are also similar.

uni is pretty close like spoona says. but the consistency is a bit different.

from wikipedia:

Shirako (白子) means "white children" in Japanese. It is also a term for milt or soft roe, which is sperm of the fish (usually anko or fugu). It 's considered a delicacy in Japan.

I'm gonna white children shirako from now on lol

....that whole thing is a sac filled with fish fuckjuice?

i think the fugu shirako you're seeing is just a slice of a bigger organ. if i'm not mistaken, the sperm sack in a large fugu could get close to about the size of a child's kidney.

unlike us, their sacs don't hang outside of them, but are inside them. any marine biologists around here who could confirm?

Guest jmatsu
I ate fugu sperm on rice, thinking it was tororo

raw chicken sashimi and nigiri wasnt bad at all

if you like shirako, you'd like ankimo as well.

there was also this one joint i was taken too years ago that served raw frog legs and it's heart. the heart was till beating because they gut and clean it right in front of the patrons. i couldn't eat both...

Guest Goose25

take the anus and lower bowels of an animal and cut it up finely then stuff into intestine and boil.

we took some friends out for dinner and "m" ordered andouillete - hey when you're in france why not?

The waiter was a little taken aback and promised that another course would be given free if "m" didn't like it! He perservered and we all watched in fascination as he took a bite: '...hmm... it's strong' he said,

so i tried a bite with the same reaction: '...hmm... it's strong' - how else can you describe what tasted like eating a horses ass complete with shit?!!!

"M"'s wife wasn't game to try it so he doused the dish in a ton of mustard and persevered alone.

The next day we went for a wander with said friend and some ponies were taking kids around on rides. As we walked past a whiff of horseshit floated by. "M" turns to his wife and says: 'Imagine eating that! That's what it tasted like!'

• 1 month later...

last night i had abuot the nastiest thing ive had in awhile...usually its the texture that gets me, ie sea slugs, etc, but this just tasted straight up nasty.

taiwanese stinky tofu.....

shits actually called stinky tofu, and wow, it smells and tastes like poop nuggets

Lots of people here in Korea are into ordering up a plate of chicken assholes or feet to go with their soju, which is also not meant for human consumption. Personally, I always hated even ordering fried chicken because I knew there'd be a few pieces in there I wouldn't be so keen on in order to get the two breasts, and couple drumsticks. Imagine ordering a full plate of little chicken assholes or a platter stacked up with deep-fried chicken feet (which reminds me of cultpop's necklace)...

Lots of people here in Korea are into ordering up a plate of chicken assholes or feet to go with their soju, which is also not meant for human consumption. Personally, I always hated even ordering fried chicken because I knew there'd be a few pieces in there I wouldn't be so keen on in order to get the two breasts, and couple drumsticks. Imagine ordering a full plate of little chicken assholes or a platter stacked up with deep-fried chicken feet (which reminds me of cultpop's necklace)...

Dalk Ddong Jib is the shit! Almost like deep fried bacon with more texture. Great with soju!