raw skinny jeans

junglejane

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, just from my untrained eye with the UO jeans. They do not look "really raw", but more a dark wash, more so than just "one wash."

Totally agree with HEWS, I love Acne jeans on girls, they have a great fit. I think you would look amazing in a pair, they'd be knockouts.

He is right about the washes though, I haven't seen a "raw" pair but close enough....

Liking this thread, I want to get drys for my girl too. She doesn't ever buy jeans for herself because here in Asia because apparently the sizes here are too small for her, she's 5'8" and about 125lbs. I think really dark tapered dry denim would give off the miles of legs effect on her and she's busy in her life and cool enough to understand the non-washing aspect, so I'm kind of excited to see how they turn out... I'm thinking I'll get her New Cures but I'm watching the selvedge for women thread too...

ok, so i've got the gap jeans (like cultpop) and i'd say they're great. my sister has a pair of the uo ones and they didn't look raw to me, but cheap and i might be talking about different pairs. i thought they were just a dark wash.

but the point here is: seeing as i know the gap jeans are a mid-rise for women, i'd think that the new cures (i have these too) would be WAY too high for most girls. i tend to like a lower rise (which would be higher on girls of course) and the new cures are almost too high for me. so new cures on ladies? i'm not sure.

also, diesel has a pretty nice cut called the liv. i'm not sure of the quality of the denim but i've seen some girls i know rocking them and they look pretty nice. they are kind of diesely and branded, though.

ok, so i've got the gap jeans (like cultpop) and i'd say they're great. my sister has a pair of the uo ones and they didn't look raw to me, but cheap and i might be talking about different pairs. i thought they were just a dark wash.

but the point here is: seeing as i know the gap jeans are a mid-rise for women, i'd think that the new cures (i have these too) would be WAY too high for most girls. i tend to like a lower rise (which would be higher on girls of course) and the new cures are almost too high for me. so new cures on ladies? i'm not sure.

also, diesel has a pretty nice cut called the liv. i'm not sure of the quality of the denim but i've seen some girls i know rocking them and they look pretty nice. they are kind of diesely and branded, though.

A girl I work with has the Livz, she took a page outta my nudie book and tore the pocket stitching out and now they look great, the denim is alright and the fit is nice, but they stretch a lot.

Hmm...skinny jeans with raw look? That shouldn't be a problem as pretty much all fashion brands are heading in that direction either for this fall or next spring. The raw and skinny look for girls started more or less as a scandinavian phenomenon, at least at a larger commercial level... There has always been you denim lovers that have worn it, but you get the point. Since I'm from Norway I should be able to give you a few pointers on the swedish brands.

Nudie and Denimbirds have been really successful over the last 3-4 years, but most scandinavians feel that they haven't evolved anything - the look is exactly the same as four years ago, and frankly it's quite boring. Stay away from it.

Go with Cheap Monday, Tiger Jeans (Tiger of Sweden) or Acne. All these brands have a lot of jeans with high or superhigh waists...

eifeltowerri9.jpg

But Tiger has a great model with a low waist called Skinny.

skinnyea7.jpg

Nevermind the wash, there's a new raw wash that looks great, but it's currently only available in Skogsberg. It was originally planned to be released for Skinny in january, but I think they are pushing it forward for an earlier release.

There were some that mentioned Liv from Diesel - that's more of a medium waist. You'd be better of with Matic 8AA - but there are quite strong contrasting tobacco stitchings on the back pockets. The Tiger wash use tone in tone stitching for the 'T' and mild tobacco stitches along the end of the pockets.

As for the Acne jeans, I don't really know the girls models that well, but my impression is that the waistlines are a bit higher.

Check out Zoo Village for more fits.

A couple people have mentioned already but I got a pair of raw April 77 Overdrives about a month ago that I like a lot. They're tight and tapered, sort of a mid-rise, lower than CM but higher than the pair of raw Acnes I have (Hep Raw, which are more straight leg) and the denim is heavier too. I like Skull Lindas, too; that'll probably be my next buy.

april77.jpg

april 77s

japand2.jpg

acne

Hmm...skinny jeans with raw look? That shouldn't be a problem as pretty much all fashion brands are heading in that direction either for this fall or next spring. The raw and skinny look for girls started more or less as a scandinavian phenomenon, at least at a larger commercial level... There has always been you denim lovers that have worn it, but you get the point. Since I'm from Norway I should be able to give you a few pointers on the swedish brands.

Nudie and Denimbirds have been really successful over the last 3-4 years, but most scandinavians feel that they haven't evolved anything - the look is exactly the same as four years ago, and frankly it's quite boring. Stay away from it.

Go with Cheap Monday, Tiger Jeans (Tiger of Sweden) or Acne. All these brands have a lot of jeans with high or superhigh waists...

eifeltowerri9.jpg

But Tiger has a great model with a low waist called Skinny.

skinnyea7.jpg

Nevermind the wash, there's a new raw wash that looks great, but it's currently only available in Skogsberg. It was originally planned to be released for Skinny in january, but I think they are pushing it forward for an earlier release.

There were some that mentioned Liv from Diesel - that's more of a medium waist. You'd be better of with Matic 8AA - but there are quite strong contrasting tobacco stitchings on the back pockets. The Tiger wash use tone in tone stitching for the 'T' and mild tobacco stitches along the end of the pockets.

As for the Acne jeans, I don't really know the girls models that well, but my impression is that the waistlines are a bit higher.

Check out Zoo Village for more fits.

everyone get all that?

raw skinny jeans are coming back!

A couple people have mentioned already but I got a pair of raw April 77 Overdrives about a month ago that I like a lot. They're tight and tapered, sort of a mid-rise, lower than CM but higher than the pair of raw Acnes I have (Hep Raw, which are more straight leg) and the denim is heavier too. I like Skull Lindas, too; that'll probably be my next buy.

april77.jpg

april 77s

japand2.jpg

acne

best first post ever.

everyone get all that?

raw skinny jeans are coming back!

Yeah, I know...skinny and raw is mainstream as hell now. Over here in Norway like 90% of junior high school students run around in raw skinny jeans nowadays, it does mess a bit with my head so for the last couple of years I've been leaning more towards straight cuts and loose-narrow fits (loose top blocks with extremely tapered legs). But it doesn't seem like it's the same story in the states as the american brands have been really slow at adopting new jeans fits. The australian, english and italian brands are going 'scandinavian' with their fits as well, so there's going to be plenty of it out there.

Lol...well there are a few fat asses over there, but I do find that americans generally wear their jeans looser than europeans, or at least scandinavians, and that it has been like that for a long time. Not just with fits, but also sizewise. Scandinavian girls pretty much break a sweat to try and slip into, or jump into, jeans the smallest size possible, but there are a lot fewer american girls who do that - in my experience, but of course there are a lot of you who do...just speaking generally and trying not to stomp on too many feet. :)

thanks everyone for the warm welcome, haha. I'm pretty into denim/men's fashion so I've lurked for a while, but I agree it's nice to see girls contributing too. also dry the rain & dismalfuture, that is my bass although I never have time to practice anymore. It's a Fender Mustang, short scale because I'm pretty small.