What Cellphone are you Rocking?

emaze

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone ever been here? wondering how you can tell if one of these phones will work with your service/area...

http://www.dynamism.com/MobilePhones/category.shtml

you pretty much need to get an unlock progy for the phones. the thing about dynamism is the price. they'll roll you for about a 20% mark up for their asia or europe only gear. also, make sure they have an english OS...unless you know japanese, that is.

you pretty much need to get an unlock progy for the phones. the thing about dynamism is the price. they'll roll you for about a 20% mark up for their asia or europe only gear. also, make sure they have an english OS...unless you know japanese, that is.

Yea there are much better sites offering unlocked phones for cheaper prices.

Yea there are much better sites offering unlocked phones for cheaper prices.

what are some good sites offering phones we don't have stateside? (usa)

I've got some giant kyocera thing that I got from Virgin when I signed up almost 4 years ago. I log maybe 5 minutes a week in call time so this cheap ass pre-paid plan rocks. $20 every 90 days. Costs me $6.66 a month to have a cell phone for emergencies which is nice. I'd love a smaller phone but as you might guess I'm a cheap ass and don't want spend any money. I'll rock this phone until it either dies or stops working on current networks.

what ringtones are you guys currently bumping? i got a few.....

tom waits - going out west

borat theme song

"pussy pussy marijuana" Brazilian Girls: 4 my girlfriend

"shake what ya mama gave ya!": 4 my mom

"welcome 2 Jamrock" Damian Marley: 4 close friend

I have, like everyone else on earth. a black RAZR... except mine is the local version here in Korea, replete with Korean language keypad. Apart from that, the real difference is cost: It costs about $400-500 to get most cell phones here in Korea, this RAZR was about $550.

Compare that to all the free and subsidized phones you get in America, and you decide, which would rather; having to pay $500 for a cell phone every time you want one (and no chance of getting something replacement insurance or anything), or waiting a couple months and getting it for free or cheap?

IMGP0308.jpg

Contrary to the rest of the world, the RAZR isn't completely played out over here, and still regarded as being nice, while most of the local brands (Samsung, LG) etc have very short shelf life. That LG Chocoloate phone came and went a year ago over here. The slide phones were huge over here for about 1.5-2 years and I think that's beginning to drop off too, the new phones are varied.

I hope to dump my RAZR for the new MS800 next week. Looks a bit like a RAZR but has a swivel head and plays TV for about $10 month extra.

120428.jpg

dismal I adore that razr. I have the v3x and I am in love with it, great battery life and the best part is the expandable memory. I put in a 512mb and I use it as a mp3 player. another thing I love is the blue light that lights up when you charge it or get a call.

. motorola-razr-v3x-closed.jpgv3x.jpg

use to have this sharp phone in astro black in japan, both it's not gsm compatible so i can't use it now in canada.

sh902isbw6.jpg

3megapixel cam was awesome, as was osaifu keitai (i could use at as wallet for train, convinience store etc).

i'm now using an old NEC 525 and debating if i should get a regular crackberry or a pearl (anyone got a pearl btw?)

and for you americans complaining about your phones, keep in mind that it's much worse in Canada.......

Prices vary from EUR 380 to 420 for the phone only here in The Netherlands. I have a standard T-Mobile year contract with GPRS. I receive a cash bonus of up to EUR 300 when I extend my contract for a year (depending on the plan).

My current smartphone has WiFi, and I have used it maybe 3 times max, so I'm not going to miss that feature.