Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

^ for grey jeans I would check out cheap monday, I know they do some colors but I dunno if grey is one of them. Also I think aa is coming out with colored jeans and I think I saw grey ones. I am not sure what your style is but grey is kind of an unusual color for jeans (as opposed to blue or black) so it may not get much wear, therefore it may not be wise to cough up $300 for a pair of greys unless you absolutely LOVE IT. Anyways I've ordered from LVR before and the shipping and import fees kills you, if you can get it in a store in the U.S. or call a Dior boutique directly you will save $50-$75 or so on a $300 the same pair of jeans bought from LVR. hope this helps

Aren't these really close to the 21cm? The rise is a little lower, (8.7" vs. 10") and the inseam is quite a bit shorter but other than that, aren't they really close? Am I missing another measurement? Is there a degree of tapering or something?

Will these be as flattering as the 21cm? Trying to understand the magic behind the Dior cut.

Mahalos in advance.

I can't tell you if they will be as flattering or stuff like that, BUT 1.3" difference in the rise, inseam difference, plus tons of other differing measurements all around, not to mention the darting on the ass, make it a completely different pair of jeans.

The basic measurements like rise, inseam, waist, etc. don't define jeans and can only be used as a tool to help choose your size, there's many more measurements that would be used to determine the difference in cuts and even then you couldn't be sure.

I can't tell you if they will be as flattering or stuff like that, BUT 1.3" difference in the rise, inseam difference, plus tons of other differing measurements all around, not to mention the darting on the ass, make it a completely different pair of jeans.

The basic measurements like rise, inseam, waist, etc. don't define jeans and can only be as a tool to help choose your size, there's many more measurements that would be used to determine the difference in cuts and even then you couldn't be sure.

i have to agree. i have a pair of 19cms and a pair of 21cms; when measured out there are very very minute differences in measurements, however when worn, they look completely different.

any idea if these jeans fit true to size or how they look like in reality.

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&CodStagione=45I&CodCollezione=A31&CodArticolo=39

Looking for grey jeans, any reccomendations?

April 77's got some strangely appealing grey jeans, the materials got something else going on with them...i cant put my finger on it but im sure one of these dudes knows what im talking about

April 77's got some strangely appealing grey jeans, the materials got something else going on with them...i cant put my finger on it but im sure one of these dudes knows what im talking about

ah.. will check them out. I understand they have a stretch though. Which would you guys recco? cheap mondays or april 77( I have slightly chunkier thighs.)

^ cheap mondays may be more comfortable as they have stretch in them (not sure about aprils) but then again they are cut very slim (at least the ones I have tried on) so they may make your leg look like sausages if your thighs are kinda big. perhaps cheap mondays in a looser cut?

ah.. will check them out. I understand they have a stretch though. Which would you guys recco? cheap mondays or april 77( I have slightly chunkier thighs.)

I also agree that Cheap Mondays will probaby be your better bet. The April 77s have a strange sizing in that if you get true to size it will usually be tight around the leg where as the waist will be a bit loose. I have a pair of Grey Joey Colordrives and I have to wear a belt where as the legs fit perfectly on me. So if you do get them you should probably try them on first and decide on how many to size down.

Might as well crosspost these as we don't get many washed jeans posted here (and also because I'm bored, tired, have to work for the next 24 hours, my head hurts, and I have nothing better to do than post here), these are 19cm black whiskered...

ps-shoes.jpg

^ nice fit! what season are they from if I may ask, the distressing looks very minimal from all the ones I've ever seen.

Not sure, I bought them off mis here on the forum (almost brand new, worn six times, I think)... so most likely F/W 06 or SS 06? But, afaik, these were definitely made in several seasons -- similar to how Dior makes orange overdyes every season.

Oh and I'm sure this isn't really visible in the pics, but these have black stitching which is great (compared to white). Don't really remember if the raws do too though, so I maybe happy over nothing, I just know that PBJ XX-005 blacks have white stitching.

Oh and I'm sure this isn't really visible in the pics, but these have black stitching which is great (compared to white). Don't really remember if the raws do too though, so I maybe happy over nothing, I just know that PBJ XX-005 blacks have white stitching.

Haha the raws do have black stitching. But please, pretend I said nothing and continue to be happy.

BTW, nice fit.

Guys! How do you intepret the item code number to know whether they are the 19cm or 21cm version? Do both of them share the same code number?

For the 19cm version, what's the largest length of leg cuff possible? is it 19cm? is it possible for 19cm jeans to have length of leg cuff of 20 or 21cm for big sizes like waist 34?

One more thing. What's the difference between EH and HH at the front of the code number after the first letter? Help me out guys!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130088272284

which season is the jeans in the link from? is it a 19cm version? anyone please answer my question above please. Thank you.

It does say 7 inches at the hem. 7 inches = 17.78 cm, and given that its a waist 32, it's probably a 17cm model.

agent orange: the only place I know for sure for raw blue is luisaviaroma but they are in italy and while the service is good, there are lots of taxes and such that buying from them becomes a premium service (like buying from a japanese importer) edit: I would recommend directly calling the Dior boutiques in the U.S. as they do accept phone orders on merchandise they have in the stores, and will talk you through it.

fashionable: I don't think you can alter the waist of the jeans without ruining them. and btw, you have asked lots of questions that have been answered before, please check out this site as there are a LOT more dior experts here than on sufu

http://groups.msn.com/DiorHomme/messages.msnw

good luck finding what you need

Yea...I already joined that. But do you mind answering the code number for jeans for me? =P Does 19cm and 21cm version jeans share the same code number?

I have been searching for EU44 ss05 canvas and suede white sneakers with red strip since I saw your picture! One just went on ebay last week! sigh...I missed it. I don't believe there is not even a single new EU44 for that sneakers out there! If you manage to find it please let me know! Thank you!

is this jeans made in japan?

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g50501205

I only have a pair of DH black with blue cummerband in size 32 and NOT the slim version. It is made in Italy and I know made in japan jeans fit differently. I am just wondering should I go for a size bigger or should i stick with size 32?

is any black whisker jeans produce this season? any views on which one is nicer? what are the differences?

dior.jpg

just got these. not so sure about the fit, hope they stretch a little bit more.

That jeans looks sick!!! Where did u buy it?

Where to buy raw japanese 19 cm in LA? I really want to try it on before i do the purchase!! Does the Rodeo Drive DH store carries it? let me know thx!!

That jeans looks sick!!! Where did u buy it?

Where to buy raw japanese 19 cm in LA? I really want to try it on before i do the purchase!! Does the Rodeo Drive DH store carries it? let me know thx!!

A) read the damn thread. If you're that interested in DH jeans, it's worth your time.

B) Yes - DH Rodeo Drive would carry those jeans.