Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

speaking about eluxury, i have a few questions:

are these genuine Dior Homme raw jeans? because i notice that they're selling them for only $240, a much cheaper price compared to others.

are these the same Dior Homme raw denim that you guys have been talking about in this forum? in terms of the rawness, stiffness, quality, color, etc?

thank you

The $240 jeans on eLuxury (which is owned by LVMH, which is in part owned by Dior, so YES, it's safe to say that they're genuine), are the Made in Italy ones. Most of the posts here are about the more expensive (and better quality) Made in Japan jeans.

Are you tired of the argument or the part about eating more food?

Well, because I'm not sure if you know this but eating more food does equal putting on more weight. Metabolism or not if you eat enough so that you're not burning it thereby eliminating any calorie deficit you will in fact gain weight.

Ruach does not look to be at a healthy weight - ignore it all you want but that's the truth.

Edit: Wtf? Is this the right thread? Where did Sidney's post go...

im kind of annoyed, since its almost impossible to get dh in a size 27, i got them in a size 28 (i usually wear a 29 in almost anything else). they were a little bit tight at the waist in the beginning, and looser in the leg than the jeans i normally wear, but ok. within two hours the waist has stretched at least a damn size, i cant believe it. if anyones got a spare pair of dh raw mij 27 (although i doubt that since a lot of people are looking for these) and wants to trade, pm me.

im kind of annoyed, since its almost impossible to get dh in a size 27, i got them in a size 28 (i usually wear a 29 in almost anything else). they were a little bit tight at the waist in the beginning, and looser in the leg than the jeans i normally wear, but ok. within two hours the waist has stretched at least a damn size, i cant believe it. if anyones got a spare pair of dh raw mij 27 (although i doubt that since a lot of people are looking for these) and wants to trade, pm me.

Weird, I usually wear 28, and my 27 fits me fine. :confused:

just wondering... ...

do the indigo jap19cms ever stop bleeding? ive been wearing em for 4 months now...and they still bleed...keep staining my white shoes.

next week when the day comes that hedi cleans out his locker at dior homme HQ and leaves the office for the last time will be the last day your jeans bleed.

so DIor black raw doesnt fade right???

is "right" supposed to be asking for confirmation? or right meaning correctly?

i have the raw blacks and i love them, i didnt get them to see what fades i can get, i love how they are as is

My size 32 MIJ's measured exactly 32 inches.

are you sure? :confused:

thats really odd and completely confuses me, cause from my experience, the Italian ones fit slightly looser than the japanese ones. and my japanese ones really measure 35.5in in the waist. they were probably atleast an inch less unworn, but still many inches bigger than what the tag says and my impression has been that thats the way it is with all dior jeans.

I tried a pair of made in italys in size 32 and they were too big for me, and my waist measures the mentioned 35.5 inches around.

Picked up a Summer 07 catalogue at the DH store today - For the washed jeans, it mentions tthat they're all available in 17, 19 and 21cm hems... Anyone familiar with the 17cm hems or if they'll be making them in the raw washes as well?

Does anyone know if any jeans are gonna be on sale during their sale in a month and a half? I'm looking at the Used black and the black coal drill... If jeans are not gonna be on sale, I'm gonna grab them now. Just want to make sure first.

Since the general consensus seems to be that the black raw doesn't fade much--if at all--is there any compelling reason not to just wash them right away? I'd prefer to avoid bleeding issues altogether, if plausible.

Also, I've read through at least 60 or 70 pages of this thread now and haven't quite found an answer to my sizing question: someone said the 31 MIJs measure 35.5", is that before or after wash? 32 in Nudie BO fits me perfectly, so for a slim but not skin-tight fit, I'm not sure whether to shoot for 31s or 30s. Any thoughts? My actual waist is 35" exactly (6' 2", about 160lbs).

Thanks for that exact measurement, TheGrapist, turns out I must've been pretty tired (or otherwise disposed) when I last measured, as I just took another and I'm straight 34. So I think the 31s will do marvelously - If I spring for these soon I'll definitely shoot you a PM about your proxy service.

Still curious about the fading - I intend to wear these in a dressier context (well, early 20s dressy, for what that's worth), so I'm not sure I want any fading/distressing at all. Would washing immediately have any other disadvantage, fit- or otherwise?

I have no idea why Mike's 31 MIJ fits that large, but a brand new unworn pair of 19cm MIJs will measure 16.5" flat, or 33. And will stretch out about an inch. 35 would be possible, but it would be painful, I'd imagine.

mine are 21cm, so that might make a slight difference. I dont have an exact measurement of them in unworn condition, but considering that the top button was hard to close I'd imagine the waist to have been about 34" and then stretch out a bit over an inch.

however, if you look at for example this rakuten link: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.rakuten.co.jp/atseis/654408/732406/732409/#714476

the sizing table shows the waist of a size 30 to be 86cm, which is almost 34". I've only tried on two pairs, so I dont know for a fact, but is the fitment really this inconsistent? I know the measurements that rakuten stores have might not always be 100% accurate, but thats a huge difference. according to those measurements a size 30 measures an inch more than what Grapist measured for a size larger??

I've been looking to get some Diors for a while now, last time i was in London i went to check some out in Selfridges, but ended up buying some nudies as i realized i didn't know enough about what i was buying to justify the price. I tried some 19cms on when i was there and they felt super skinny, and then i tried some 21cms and they felt way too baggy. Does anyone else have this problem? When i see other people wearing 19cms on this forum, they don't look too skinny at all. I'm 6' 2" and pretty thin, maybe that's why?

Hmm, I'm quite interested in seeing how the Dior black raw fades. Anyone got any pics, or do they barely fade at all?

as with most black raw denim, breaking them in is REALLY tough

well, there aren't that many pics of raw indigo diors worn long enough to see much fading... so i doubt there'll be any pics of black raw fades

as with most black raw denim, breaking them in is REALLY tough

well, there aren't that many pics of raw indigo diors worn long enough to see much fading... so i doubt there'll be any pics of black raw fades

Yea, I were just hoping for atleast some progress seeing as some of the people here have had their for around 5 months time now.