Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Guest Fade to Black
Hey FTB, just wondering what sizes do you get for your dior jeans? the orange-overdyes?

hey....i'll do a quick run down of my sizes, i got them in 3 different sizes and i don't think any of them fit properly lol:

S/S 05 orange overdye

VOTC orange overdye - both size 31 in 21 cm

s/s 05 japanese raw denim (21 cm)

votc painted charcoal cords (19 cm)

s/s 03 black painted blue jeans (19 cm. i think) - all size 32 (48 on the ss 03)

A/W 06-07 dust wash jeans - size 30 in 19 cm.

Guest Fade to Black

they were $440 when they first came out in VOTC then increased to $465 for the two subsequent collections...they don't make the orange overdye model any more. The closest thing they got now is the dust wash jeans with the rips throughout the thighs/knees, they're $500.

Man... I HAD orange overdye 21cm's but had them tailored to a 19cm hem. I'm not really happy with the way they came out. I'm thinking of selling them off for absurdly cheap. :(

what size? which season were yr jeans from?

nope, not too tight. Just not really happy with the way the seam looks. I dunno. I think I'm being kind of anal.

they're a size 32, from the 04/05 winter season.

i thought about doing the same for my SS06 destroyed 21cms but then i figured the fading around the seams would be lost and it would look weird. was that the problem you had?

I think I am going to buy my first pair of Diors this weekend. Prolly the 19cm raws to accommodate my chicken legs. I wear a 28 in Thin Finns. Ya think a 28 in the Diors would fit the bill?

You might wanna get a 27.

question to you slimmer fellows from Kelvyno who's internet connection is playing tricks;

he found a pair of raw diors that the seller said to be 17cm's (sz 30), are these the 19's that just measure 17cm in the hem or actually a slimmer model?

I remember reading discussion on this before but cant remember what the deal was. I know that the 19's in smaller sizes measure close to 17, but what about a sz 30?

nope, not too tight. Just not really happy with the way the seam looks. I dunno. I think I'm being kind of anal.

they're a size 32, from the 04/05 winter season.

duuuude I told you that dont taper them too much, hope they're not completely f'd up :(

question to you slimmer fellows from Kelvyno who's internet connection is playing tricks;

he found a pair of raw diors that the seller said to be 17cm's (sz 30), are these the 19's that just measure 17cm in the hem or actually a slimmer model?

I remember reading discussion on this before but cant remember what the deal was. I know that the 19's in smaller sizes measure close to 17, but what about a sz 30?

Well it depends on which season though. The fit differ slightly between seasons so well there might be a possibility that a W30 comes with a 17cm hem. Whats the model no. ?

I read that Denim Doctors takes a fucking long time... Cop a pair of 19cm from the DH store in LA while you wait... ;)

DH makes a 17cm model; it is really hard to find though. The 17cms have stretch in them, so if they have stretch they are the 17cms.

im so stoked....in the process of purchasing some japanese 21cm's from a few years back. they are sized at a euro 48....that works out to around 32 for US sizing correct? The guy has given me measurements so it sounds pretty close to me.

Guest Fade to Black

the 17 cm jeans aren't even indigo denim jeans...i saw them at the boutique they're basically a black cotton gabardine kind of jeans. Really tight on the sales dude, they looked a bit stretchy, almost like a heavy kind of leggings is the effect i can best describe it as.

Guest Fade to Black
im so stoked....in the process of purchasing some japanese 21cm's from a few years back. they are sized at a euro 48....that works out to around 32 for US sizing correct? The guy has given me measurements so it sounds pretty close to me.

good luck, if what you got are a pair of raw denims measured as 48, then I am assuming those are the original selvedge DH raw denims from the first official DH Denim season...when you get 'em let us know if they're selvedge, i keep hearing that these are but i've never been able to confirm it.