Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

do you guys think that if the waist has stretched so much that I can pull them off pretty easily I should size down? my black mijs have stretched more than i anticipated, especially in the waist. in the thigh i can pinch like 1.5in while sitting..

methinks I should size down for indigos considering these have stretched a lot and indigos will stretch a bit more (amirite?)

ok i need help on sizing

i am dying for a pair of 19cm... i have no idea what size to get though since there arent any places in toronto to check it out

i have a pair of studios 103 size 28 that fit tight, but since its a bit of a rise it hurts my lower back when i wear it for a full day lol, i know.

what size should i get?? 28 or 29's?

Thanks to yoh05 I picked up a pair of silver selvage 21cm denim.

The pictures below will hopefully shed a bit of light on the difference in colour and weave. I know something like this has been posted already but more pictures in this thread never hurts right=)

As stated somewhere else in this thread, the silver selvage denim feels more light weight and lighter in colour when compared to the regular non selvage denim

DSC_2258.jpg

Under better and brighter lighting

DSC_2261.jpg

And a couple of fit pics

Boy are these snug on the thighs...hopefully the selvage denim stretches like the non selvage ones. For reference the non selvage are size 32 but decided to size down one to a size 31 for the selvage ones (pics below)...hope this doesn't backfire=)

DSC_2253.jpg

DSC_2255.jpg

^^ yeah i also noticed the weight difference between selvage DH and the non-selvage ones.They are noticable lighter but more breathable at the same time.

On the other hand the quality of the selvage DH is really top notch well you cant compare them to japs hand work but they have that the sharp quality of italian designers house.

I also noticeed the denim on the selvage DH is more streaky and have a slight green tint on them i just love that.

im saving mine for the summer

^^ yeah i also noticed the weight difference between selvage DH and the non-selvage ones.They are noticable lighter but more breathable at the same time.

On the other hand the quality of the selvage DH is really top notch well you cant compare them to japs hand work but they have that the sharp quality of italian designers house.

I also noticeed the denim on the selvage DH is more streaky and have a slight green tint on them i just love that.

im saving mine for the summer

Not only is the denim streaky but also the denim is slightly slubby(in terms of imperfections)

If you look closely at the pics below you can see dark blue spots throughout the denim

DSC02064.jpg

DSC02066.jpg

I agree that they are more breathable and will be great for the coming summer days. I guess I will retire my Sammies 19oz until the winter time.

How do I know if mine are silver selvage or not?

Look for the selvage?

Also, if anyone's looking for D point belts, I got more available in all sizes. And some silver selvages as well.

Also, there's a new jeans from the FW collection that's now available. Light grey like the Dauphin, but 17.5cm like the sheers from last season. I'll put up pics in a little bit. They're available in sizes 26 (yes, I have them in 26) and up).

Look for the selvage?

Also, if anyone's looking for D point belts, I got more available in all sizes. And some silver selvages as well.

Also, there's a new jeans from the FW collection that's now available. Light grey like the Dauphin, but 17.5cm like the sheers from last season. I'll put up pics in a little bit. They're available in sizes 26 (yes, I have them in 26) and up).

Are they raw?

Look for the selvage?

i'll be waiting for picturesss

Does anyone agree with me here in saying that 19cm's look absolutly shit on 90% of people? I think its because too many people who are broader set size down too much. I think you should stick with your true size or -1 (at most) and wear them sagged if you are not tall and skinny. If you are tall and skinny and you can go for the sized down tight look, I just dont think they look as if they sit right otherwise. Am I on my own here or does anyone else feel the same?

This is 30, before I sized down:

dior2.jpg

dior3.jpg

dior4.jpg

This is 28, after I sized down..as u can see from the closeup pic, my crotch's stiching is showing due to the major stress/stretch

diors1.jpg:

diors3.jpg

diors4.jpg

I was too confident that sizing down 2 would be fine because I could fit a fist in 30s...but on the first day it took me half an hour to get the top clasp on. and now u could see some stretched stitching from the super tightness.. Now I can put all the buttons if I wear it on my waist, and I can put the bottom 3-4 buttons on only if I want to sag down to my lower hips.

Would I be able to survive and sag these jeans after a few months of wear? I cant size back up to 29, because I already exchanged once :(..

I've been wearing these all day including sleeping for a week now hoping they wud stretch..

Exactly the same problem I had my son. We are about exactly the same build, I got the 30 then went for the 29 and it fit me much better, would get in the bath with them on and let then dry onto you that will prob make the waist look much more comfy.

P.S. That nom de guerre shirt is sick! Sell? Name a price. Ha ha!