$1200 jeans!!

digital_denim

I doubt that coldrice got em for $9.99.. the seller just decided to end it. Im sure the seller was paid an undisclosed amount by xxcoldricexx

Man, I cant see why they are worth $1200.. cause they are wrinkly? Theres no way theres quality worth $1200 in that pair of jeans

I doubt that coldrice got em for $9.99.. the seller just decided to end it. Im sure the seller was paid an undisclosed amount by xxcoldricexx

Man, I cant see why they are worth $1200.. cause they are wrinkly? Theres no way theres quality worth $1200 in that pair of jeans

You don't only pay for quality, you pay for the design, exclusivity, ...

It's a bit like saying paintings are not worth buying because they're much more expensive than the material used :P

haha. well you can't really compare these to any of those brands. and you're not just buying for the fit here.

have you ever seen jeans that twist around your leg? probably not. have you ever seen jeans with overlock stitching? no. have you ever seen jeans with buttons and closures like that? no. have you ever seen jeans with crazy asymettry details like that? no.

and, they're quality in their own right, just not in the under the denimhead selvedge, slubby, dye, framework.

anyhow, i don't need to defend the jeans- that just means i can get them down the line later and not have to fight with more people haha.

Im surprise some of you justify those jeans even though it lacks some of the things that superfuture considers indicators of quality. selvage, slubbiness, type of indigo, etc. Specially since jeans that are bought exclusively for the fit (7's, joe's,etc) are looked down upon here.

i'm sure if you ask anyone here thats into jeans or not, that in true niketalk fashion

FIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DETAILS anyday of the week. period.

haha. well you can't really compare these to any of those brands. and you're not just buying for the fit here.

have you ever seen jeans that twist around your leg? probably not. have you ever seen jeans with overlock stitching? no. have you ever seen jeans with buttons and closures like that? no. have you ever seen jeans with crazy asymettry details like that? no.

and, they're quality in their own right, just not in the under the denimhead selvedge, slubby, dye, framework.

anyhow, i don't need to defend the jeans- that just means i can get them down the line later and not have to fight with more people haha.

i think you covered everything i was about to say.

i don't think there's really any jeans i'd pay $1200 for, but that's me. the detailing on these is really nice, i'll give 'em that. fit vs details? well, it's a matter of taste a lot of the time but i'll always go for the fit.

as to jeans like 7's and joes, well, i can't say i'd really qualify them as jeans that have a great fit. apc has much better cuts than either of those brands and they're still cheaper with better denim. i think the problem people on this board have with those jeans is that the quality is lacking in construction and material, and the fit isn't particularly on either.

and i agree with poly on the issue of taste with something like nudies against repros. it's all taste as long as some quality is there...

$1200 jeans is just too much.i'd encase them in plexi glass if i will ever buy it

yeah...if they were indeed $1200 i'd be too afraid of them to do anything. the good thing about most denim is that they don't go above 250 unless you're talking something special. whereas a pair of shoes or boots, or suits, blazers and the like can blow that cap easily.

Guest Fade to Black

i think i saw these jeans at Joyce over the summer...it's an interesting cut/design, though I've never tried them on. From my own perspective I'd probably get a 45 RPM bespoke at that price, but that's just my take on it...a lot of Poell stuff i've tried on (shirts, t-shirts, jackets) are very extreme and rigid in the tailoring and fabrics and I don't think I'd be comfortable wearing the clothes very often. Nice to look at, though.

Even though no denim should be costing $1000+, I can see that this is a more "reasonable" asking price than say, $2000 for a pair of nondescript distressed blue jeans from Mastermind.