$1200 jeans!!

digital_denim

i don't think there's really any jeans i'd pay $1200 for, but that's me. the detailing on these is really nice, i'll give 'em that. fit vs details? well, it's a matter of taste a lot of the time but i'll always go for the fit.

as to jeans like 7's and joes, well, i can't say i'd really qualify them as jeans that have a great fit. apc has much better cuts than either of those brands and they're still cheaper with better denim. i think the problem people on this board have with those jeans is that the quality is lacking in construction and material, and the fit isn't particularly on either.

and i agree with poly on the issue of taste with something like nudies against repros. it's all taste as long as some quality is there...

the only reason "mainstream" jeans sell is because of the fit. They have fits that are meant to look good on a wide variety of people. Democratic, per se.

who ever said as a golden rule that nudie wasn't better than japanese repros? its all about taste

99.9 % of the board seem to agree that jap jeans are the best in the world. Since nudies started popping up in GQ they also lost the superfuture seal of approval with many of you. The only reason for this seems to be because your neighbor might have one in 2007/2008.

that's lame. Exclusivity is a marketing tool.

i think you are somewhat right, banana.

BUT nudies are overpriced in the US; for cheaper, you can get much superior japanese denim

nudie denim is very good. the japanese denim that is regarded so highly here really puts nudie to shame though. real leather patches, for starters.

i think i saw these jeans at Joyce over the summer...it's an interesting cut/design, though I've never tried them on. From my own perspective I'd probably get a 45 RPM bespoke at that price, but that's just my take on it...a lot of Poell stuff i've tried on (shirts, t-shirts, jackets) are very extreme and rigid in the tailoring and fabrics and I don't think I'd be comfortable wearing the clothes very often. Nice to look at, though.

Even though no denim should be costing $1000+, I can see that this is a more "reasonable" asking price than say, $2000 for a pair of nondescript distressed blue jeans from Mastermind.

At those prices I would buy original dry NWT Levis 501s or original Lees.

i think you are somewhat right, banana.

BUT nudies are overpriced in the US; for cheaper, you can get much superior japanese denim

nudie denim is very good. the japanese denim that is regarded so highly here really puts nudie to shame though. real leather patches, for starters.

Im sure it might. But all this jappanese brands where around a month ago and a month ago nudie wasen't as bad as it's now said to be.

I also noticed american selvadge is also losing popularity. I haven't read names like R&B in what feels like an eternity.

yeah, interest in selvage, american or not, seems to be on the wane.

R&B hasn't had too much presence on this board since i've been lurking/posting, for whatever reason

i think a lot of people are tired of japanese denim

and i've noticed a DIOR backlash from certain sectors

this board has esoteric tastes

it is the future, and THE NEW makes people uncomfortable, and being regarded as last year's news can be disconcerting

i dunno, banana....

but hasn't nudie always had quality issues?...crotch tears, most notably.

at the same time i can see what Blackplatano's saying...sometimes it's just that exclusivity that we've been sucked into. for example i can't deny part of the fun of wearing APC is the knowledge that few others in singapore have it. if it became as popular as it is on the boards, i might quit wearing it (and turn to julian red or something).

but i'd also like to think that when i buy a pair of jeans - and i don't do that often - i've picked something that's well made and deserving of the price i've paid for it.

btw i would really like to see more R&B. i really love their lined waistbands...now that's comfort.

i think i saw these jeans at Joyce over the summer...it's an interesting cut/design, though I've never tried them on. From my own perspective I'd probably get a 45 RPM bespoke at that price, but that's just my take on it...a lot of Poell stuff i've tried on (shirts, t-shirts, jackets) are very extreme and rigid in the tailoring and fabrics and I don't think I'd be comfortable wearing the clothes very often. Nice to look at, though. .

Hmm, you mean Joyce of Hong Kong carries Poell?

Damn! Time to go there again.

Guest Fade to Black
I wish that I had an extra 3 or 4 grand. I wonder what they'll fetch? When my 555 37 201s were new the denim looked allot like that. VERY DARK.

Those jeans are probably gonna hit 3-4 grand? Damn...they look a lot like what my Sorahikos looked like upon purchase. I wonder how those will fade....