MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

I just bought a virtually unused Liberty Issue peacoat off of Rakuten (only $440!) and there was no tax or import fees. Tenso gave me a shipping coupon too so shipping plus proxy was only an additional $20.

I just gave it a hot soak the other night and its fitting pretty nice!

I have a size small non-Liberty one for sale now if anyone is interested. Barely any sign of wear and unsoaked

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, thats a great score! I almost picked that up, but I already have both Mullholland Masters and the Troy Deck Jacket. I love Rakuten, I got my Brown Mullholland Master for $430 (which includes both shipping and proxy fees) this past winter. Sold as used, but it was brand new. Maybe it was stolen?

Edited by attackwithstones

I just bought a virtually unused Liberty Issue peacoat off of Rakuten (only $440!) and there was no tax or import fees. Tenso gave me a shipping coupon too so shipping plus proxy was only an additional $20.

it must of been described as used - domestic tax would only usually apply to new goods.

Dave, thats a great score! I almost picked that up, but I already have both Mullholland Masters and the Troy Deck Jacket. I love Rakuten, I got my Brown Mullholland Master for $430 (which includes both shipping and proxy fees) this past winter. Sold as used, but it was brand new. Maybe it was stolen?

People in Japan dont steal, even though it would be incredibly easy to

I've always admired Mister Freedom for the creativity and originality of the pieces in each collection. I don't always like 'em, but I can definitely respect them. That said, I'm not that crazy about the new denim prairie shirt. Just kind of looks like a less cool version of the Liberty CPO. It's a great material that will wear in nicely over time, just feels like too much of a retread to me.

I thought this was called the denim utility shirt and pre-dates the CPO. Not sure though.

THAT IS A CPO MAN, VERY NICE

MF Gunslinger Jumper - Indigo Size 40

Raw

Chest: 24

Depth (bottom of collar to hem): 30 1/4

Sleeve: 28 1/4

Shoulder width: 19

Cold soak 20 minutes - line drip dry

Chest: 23 3/4

Depth (bottom of collar to hem): 28 5/8

Sleeve: 27

Shoulder width: 18 1/4

colour is extremely dark indigo with some purple hues - it runs a lot

may give it another soak to get any further shrinkage out

and add some softner in as it's quite a coarse fabric

fit is great - could lose another half inch in the sleeve

MF Gunslinger Jumper - Indigo Size 40

Raw

Chest: 24

Depth (bottom of collar to hem): 30 1/4

Sleeve: 28 1/4

Shoulder width: 19

Cold soak 20 minutes - line drip dry

Chest: 23 3/4

Depth (bottom of collar to hem): 28 5/8

Sleeve: 27

Shoulder width: 18 1/4

2nd cold soak - I added some softner as the fabric is quite coarse

Chest: 23 1/4

Depth (bottom of collar to hem): 28 1/4

Sleeve: 26 3/4

Shoulder width: 18

think that will do for now - I won't hot wash, but I'm sure if I did there would be further shrinkage.

http://www.misterfreedom.com/?p=2434&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=mister-freedom%25c2%25ae-mfsc-spring-2012-part-6-prairie-shirt-denim-calico

the prairie shirt in raw denim seems to be a different size to the prairie shirt in raw red calico shirt - appears to be the same in shoulders, sleeves and depth but about 2 inches narrower in the chest.

that seems a bit strange if they are cut from the same pattern?

wonder what the shrinkage is like on the denim?

I noticed that too, and I'm wondering the same. I've got one on the way sized Medium, which is my usual size for most MF shirting. I'll post up the raw and cold soak measurements when I get it.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by wgmds, April 9, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by wgmds, April 9, 2012 - No reason given

i'll get this shit out of here.

Edited by wgmds

actually it's not that weird, different fabrics have different characteristic after sewn together. but, mf has always been doing this to most of their shirting, and that measurement is at the initial condition, after wear everything will stretch

actually it's not that weird, different fabrics have different characteristic after sewn together. but, mf has always been doing this to most of their shirting, and that measurement is at the initial condition, after wear everything will stretch

maybe the word weird was inappropriate - perhaps the word "surprising" should of been used.

I am led to believe the denim will shrink not stretch!

i cant be of much help. i didnt soak mine, but read somewhere that shrinkage will definitely occur but like all denim it will stretch back alittle since its rather light weight. the thing about it, is that it bleeds really bad.

Edited by Gnob

i know, i know! i'm broke and talk a big game/ really wish i could get everything! i was going to go for the pique jeans, but they're too light for my winters for me to justify the price :(.