MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

^Thanks but I don't think it's the 301. The signal vest is 301 and it's totally different.

Anyway I found the post I was looking for. I should've looked before asking

- 7161: 14oz.301 "Okinawa"(left leg), 401 "Hawaii"(right leg) & Edo Ai (knee patch & details)

- 7163: 11oz. 50%cotton 50%Sugarcane mix MF exclusive, selvedge denim, wouldn't compare it to the Hawaii, it's far more of a light blue as opposed to the dark blue normally associated with indigo, there has also never been any mention of raw materials for the fabric coming from Hawaii

- 7161md.: 14oz. 301 & 401, no Edo Ai

- P-Coat & Liberty Issue P-coat: 14oz. 301

- Denim utility shirt (lightweight CPO): 6oz. 100% cotton selvedge denim

- CPO, liberty issue: 11oz. 301

- Signal Vest: 11oz. 301, 14oz. 301 chest pockets

- Pants, Shore (Cargo pants): 11oz. 301

- Jacket, shore & Shorts, shore: MFSC exclusive 11oz. "white denim"

- Seamans Bag: 14oz. 301

Alternatively:

- 14oz 301 "Okinawa" denim: 7161, 7161md., both P-coats, the Seaman's bag & chest pockets on the vest

- 11oz. 301 "Okinawa" denim: Liberty issue CPO, Signal Vest, PS-09, pocket lining on the N-1K Deck pants,

- 14oz 401 "Hawaii" denim: 7161, 7161md.

- 14oz. Edo Ai: Just some details on the 7161

- 11oz. MFSC exclusive 50/50 denim used for the 7163

- 11oz. MFSC exclusive reversed warp/weft denim "white denim": Shore jacket, Shore shorts & cinch on the Vest

- 6oz. 100% cotton selvedge denim used on the denim utility shirt

That should be all with regards to the denim used.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ThisSunday, this is what C mentioned way back in 2008:

Bill,

The fabric (11 oz. #301 denim, ticking for zip pocket lining, and chambray for back patch and back strap lining) is on its merry way to LA right now.

All my best,

C.

It can be found here : http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/archive/index.php/t-43915.html

7163 denim has been described to be by the folks at MF as a lighter-weight iteration of the Hawaii denim, but also with a lighter blue color dying. It doesn't appear on anything else that I'm aware of, except for the back pockets of come of the shore pants.

photo.jpg

I apologize for the terrible photo quality, but I had to take a fit picture. I finally got a deck jacket, and it fits great! 36 was perfect, 38 might have been too big, but might have worked. All in all, I couldn't be happier with it. Now I just have to wait 3 months to wear it.

What's the deal with the MF in NYC thing? Do you have any details/ when is it?

well, that's a bummer. i don't think that i can make it up :(. i would love to meet christophe and also i would love to see that new denim jacket at is coming out.

It looks great in person. The pockets are a little lower than on typical Type 2 jackets from what I remember and I think I'd like it better. The collar is pretty interesting for a denim jacket and the little details like the triangle "bar tacks" that hold down the pleats and the "M"s on the pockets set it apart from a lot of the other jackets. I wanted to take a picture of it, but felt that it would be asking too much.

That type 2 jacket is actually made by sugarcane, unlike what I expected, so the price will probaby be pretty high. A true shame for me. Now it's between that previously posted denim jacket (with gold buttons If still available) or the new Levi commuter line (hope not).

Awesome fit Sunday!

That type 2 jacket is actually made by sugarcane, unlike what I expected, so the price will probaby be pretty high. A true shame for me. Now it's between that previously posted denim jacket (with gold buttons If still available) or the new Levi commuter line (hope not).

Awesome fit Sunday!

Are they made by Sugar Cane in Japan or USA? The Californians were made by Sugar Cane in USA and were substantially cheaper than other MF pants (the nos denim likely played a part in that too, but there we don't know what denim is being used for the jacket yet).

Awesome fit Sunday!

Is it just me or do you spend half your time complaining about prices in this thread?

Regardless, the jacket is produced by Christophe in America so the price will be in line with past USA produced garments such as the Californian jeans.

Is it just me or do you spend half your time complaining about prices in this thread?

Regardless, the jacket is produced by Christophe in America so the price will be in line with past USA produced garments such as the Californian jeans.

It's not just you. " We won’t have a price for it until we receive our shipment from Sugar Cane. The price will reflect how much S.C. charges us to manufacture it." regardless of any price, it's a wonderful looking piece that I look forward to seeing in the future.

Anyone take/find and want to share photos of MF @ Capsule? Perhaps I'm asking prematurely since it just opened yesterday, or Christophe won't let buyers shoot his shit (altho I don't see how that's feasible at a tradeshow) but I'm anxious to see some of this F/W denims to which people have alluded... The only link I found was here:

http://dudeswholikethings.com/2011/07/19/capsule-show-new-york-mens/

(at the very bottom if a prior image of one of those absolute herbs from Ovadia + Sons doesn't first send you into a blind fury... Sorry something about those dudes rubs me wrong.)

^It's true dude, try giving it a hot machine rinse? Best case scenario is that it then fits you, worse case is that it's still smaller and thereby more likely sell to the man waifs that populate sufu. I believe it's unsanforized? Regardless, you really won't know how it 'fits' until it's exposed to water and/or a spin cycle.

okay, not really about mr freedom but does anyone know about a quality made workshirt that uses a similar kind of pattern like that blie chimise calico?

img57449003.jpg

I've seen a shirt in Free & Easy that came very close from Journal Standard but its unfortunately nowhere to be found on the website from Journal. I would just get the mr freedom one but personally I dont like the position and shape of the pockets.